1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Dylz

Dylz Trainer since 1997

Just caught myself a panpour in Santalune Forest ;3

2. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I would think that the answer would be "no" since letting you buy the opposite version's Mega Stone would defeat the point of them being

you know,

version exclusives.

3. IcePhoenix

IcePhoenix Dragon Warrior !

Serebii, can you please tell us if you are able to get the Venusarite, Charizardnite X/Y and Blastosite in one game? since i've been reading that you can only buy the one that belongs to the starter who's stronger against the one you chose...also, is it true that IVs maximizes on wifi battles?...please, answer me :)

4. Princess Sapphire

Princess Sapphire Master Expert

I'm with you. The Mega Evolutions are neat and all, but they're nothing but powered-up versions of old Pokémon. So in my opinion, they don't even count.

However, I, being one who likes spoilers, have been keeping up with the leakers and there are still some Pokémon that have been mentioned, but not seen. So I still have hope that there'll be some proper evolution connections that have yet to be revealed

There has never been a generation with less than a hundred new Pokémon revealed, and I still hope that this generation will conform to that

I also can't wait for a list of all old Pokémon that have been re-typed with Fairy

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  5. Yamikarasu

Yamikarasu Wannabe Hasbeen

I guess I don't mind the 69 Pokemon thing too much, but I was also hoping for a lot of new ones. It's getting to the point where it's impossible for me to memorize every little detail about every Pokemon (or at least I don't have the energy to do so like I did with <386), so it's kind of cool that Pokemon is now more like how the Pokemon world is when you hear it talked about in games or the anime. It's getting huge and I can't wait for it to get bigger! When you don't have time to memorize them all, more things will start seeming new and interesting for players!

I'm also loving the Exp. Share buff. I love being able to switch around my team like I'm able to do in the post game, but usually when I'm going through the gyms I stick to a single team of 6 because it's too much work to train any more.

@Serebii: I can't wait to see the full region dex, and the locations of Pokemon once you're able to post them! Not having so many new Pokemon won't be missed if there's a great selection of the older gens. Do you think you'll have started putting that up before the release on Saturday?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  6. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Excellent news! So I can trade away my Charizard X or the Y version that I actually want yet still gain access to CX if I so desire at a later stage. Phew.

7. moa

moa Cascade Trainer

there was a rumor of 5 meteorites in the museum for deoxys, not 4 but 5, any true about this?

8. landshaymin

landshaymin Follow my lead.

Everything that was leaked before doesn't matter anymore for me.
    The new Pokémon count, or which Pokémon get Mega Evolutions.

Why?

RIBBONS ARE BACK. :D
    At least it seems so.

But jokes aside I'm a bit confused how you are going to catch the three birds.
    Serebii said the he couldn't even choose an attack. (Or did I get this wrong?)

9. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Maybe you need to have something with Shadow Tag in front, unless they flee before you even send out a Pokémon.

10. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

The birds fled even before the battle menu loaded...

11. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

But did they flee before a Pokémon was sent out? What I'm saying is, would it go like...

Zapdos appeared!
    Go! Chesnaught!
    The wild Zapdos fled!

Or would it go like...

Zapdos appeared!
    The wild Zapdos fled!

12. tcrfelton

tcrfelton Member

I am getting X...I wanted to know that if I start with Squirtle would I be able to get Charizardite X for my Charizard that is IV and EV trained and bred to take advantage of the X form and new typing when I transfer him over.

13. Dylz

Dylz Trainer since 1997

Just beat the first gym, no sign of kanto starters yet.

14. IcyKerpymon

IcyKerpymon Lan challenges you!

if Mega-Evolution is such a secret and it's known to be connected to the -ite stones, why are people handing them out just like that?

15. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

Well, people in Pokémon are usually veeery kind like that, lol. ^^ They give you awesome items for free all the time.

16. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Go to Lumiose City and talk to Sycamore.

17. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Lumiose. When you get there and meet Sycamore.

Edit: ninja'd

18. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I would think that, assuming you can access the Mega Stones for the other Kanto starters, that you could get a Charizardite X in X. I do not think that you would be able to obtain a Charizardite Y in X, however.

19. Dylz

Dylz Trainer since 1997

Thank you :3 Charmander here I come!

20. Pamizard

Pamizard Queen of Charizards!

Hmm so the birds run away before the battle even starts? Oh boy :( I'm not looking forward to that.

I hope Joe tries super training soon so he can tell us which training game powers up which stats