1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 9, 2013.

1. malcolm_n

malcolm_n Pokemon Collector

The exclusivity is only in obtaining them initially. If somebody is inclined to trade their -niteX to you on Y, you can then mega-evolve the pokemon.

I don't see why Mega-evos wouldn't count. They are their own pokemon, just not available when outside of battle. From what I can see of the Anime, they'll be as real as anything else in the lore of the games/show.

Just because they aren't normally seen during the gameplay doesn't make them lesser pokemon.

2. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Quality over quantity. We got some decent ones this time around.

3. Phoenix6000

Phoenix6000 An Alternate Reality

For 200 BP, I really hope that Ability Capsule isn't a one-time use item.

4. Pamizard

Pamizard Queen of Charizards!

I hope you can buy more than on Charizardnite Y. I am willing to trade one over to anyone who has X for a Charizardnite X spare. I really want to have both stones to evolve :) because IM planning to have two Charizards, one special based and one physical based, to have both mega charizards

Since Joe has X I hope he can confirm he can buy more than one CHarizardnite X

5. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Cool cheers, this will be the first Pokemon game I can actually play online! Cannot wait.

Love the battle mansion, all I do post dex is challenge the various towers/trains/battle simulators trying out squads and teams. But what are the four standard battle types? Single, Double + Tag? and Triple/Rotation? Hoping Triple battles return, they where heavily underused.

I would imagine its a hold item. Therefore it won't be as powerful a tool as it limits you to not being able to benefit from another held items. Plus it could throw in some cool strategies, Switchrooing it with others.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  6. Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Sheyenne Thunderstorm Thunder Trainer

I would love to see Chesnaught stats

7. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Roughly 90/100/120/80/70/70

8. Sheyenne Thunderstorm

If this how it is then I picking a Relaxed Chespin

9. Last Entei

Last Entei Charizard Master!

He's not that good Imo,i'm going with Greninja cause he's just the collest out of them all

10. Sheyenne Thunderstorm

I don't care if he strong or not. I going get him because I like him. Then I trying make him the best Chesnaught out there.

11. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Well, consider a few points:

1. Making fewer Pokémon means that they can put even more effort and detail into the ones that are being made. Just look at all of the new, fleshed-out gimmicks that we've gotten with these new Pokémon - Furfrou's grooming, Flabébé's flowers, Vivillon's wings, Gourgeist's size, Aegislash's alternating formes, etc. This is where one might say, "quality over quantity."

2. They have to create and animate individual 3D models and Shiny 3D models for every single Pokémon variant. Not just the 718 Pokémon that we know of, but every form and gender difference as well. And that's without factoring in menu sprites and other such elements. That probably yields a Pokémon count that is well into the 700s, if not the 800s. Cutting back on the number of new Pokémon makes things much more manageable for them.

3. Gen V introduced more Pokémon than any other generation did, so in a way, it balances out.

4. The games are loaded with tons of older Pokémon to use, which brings up a point - just exactly how many more Pokémon do we really need? With this generation's type retcons, even the Fairy-type has a reasonably diverse pool of Pokémon to choose from, and that is still nothing compared to the other seventeen types that have now had five-to-six whole generations to grow. And what about stat spreads and movepools? For how long can they continue to stretch the mechanical fabric of the games before things begin to become either redundant or overpowered?

5. Is having only 69 new Pokémon really as big of an issue as some people are making it out to be? Hypothetically, would you have used each and every new Pokémon that they introduced? It is unlikely. Having 69 new Pokémon cuts down on a lot of "filler." And again, that is without considering the five generations-worth of Pokémon that are still avaiable for use.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  12. King Shuckle

King Shuckle Don't be daft

Wait, Joe just leaked the entire Dex, and lists Bellossom as pure grass. Is that confirmed or just preliminary since he hasn't evolved a Gloom yet for confirmation?

13. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

It is most likely preliminary.

14. Munchy

Munchy =)

I'd say preliminary. I'm waiting for him to update the Fairy-type page with a full list of retyped Pokémon.

15. Lemon_Pledge

Lemon_Pledge Well-Known Member

Weather abilities have been nerfed. Charizard Y is worthless.

16. Sheyenne Thunderstorm

I believe they didn't make so many this time around. Because, they have to make every Pokemon in a 3d model. So they might just said this " Since this our first game in a 3d on a handheld system. Lets just make a few pokemon this time around and work really hard with the 3d models.

17. DarkKami

DarkKami Pokemon Collector

Hopefully we'll see more Pokemon with Pokemon Z, "IF" they decide to expand the Dex.

18. Nacreous

Nacreous Leveling Up

Thank god!Cuz they were getting out of hand.Tough,they're still better than Rain Dance or Sunny Day because you don't waste a turn.

19. Sheyenne Thunderstorm

True, Also ti might be a way to balance it with other pokemon

20. Nacreous

Nacreous Leveling Up

I hope they also downplay Stealth Rock a little bit.The 50% damage is waaay too much.And it's a very discriminatory move.I mean,some pokemon that already struggle on the defensive side,are ****ed up by this one little move.It's not fair.If they keep Stealth Rock like this,then they should make a move that does damage to Steel and Ground types too cuz those seem like they're priviledged.