• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten21

Wait, what? Gold was part of the GSC trio...

Red, Blue, Yellow

Gold, Silver, Crystal

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

And yes, Black, White, Black 2, White 2 BUT that was more or less a story extension. Gen V was a completely new generation anyway so it had it's innovations. Black 2 was fantastic 'n all and it felt like a third game to me.

I'd still be baffled if they didn't make a Z version. After all, why else would they introduce a pokemon SHAPED like the letter Z and whose name BEGINS with the letter Z? Best pokemon in Gen 6 by far.

I agree with your post. I'm not going to buy one of two games, then find out that a better game that merges some things together comes out two years later. Why buy one game and get it's mascot legendary when you can get all three in one game?

Wait, Crystal was a Gold/Silver third game? #FailMe
Yeah, in that case, isn't it better to always just wait for the third game?
Why in hell would I want a game that is almost identical, but still feels way more empty than the other one
BUT, then there's a fact that Z, if there's gonna be a Z, probably won't come out in another year
And what pokemon?

HohoKing

E89A4393-F4F1-4405-8160-9EE6ADAA07C6-2290-00000265EDE886FE_zps93843670.jpg

It seem champion will appear occasionally in battle Chateau after the player reach Grand Duke with usage of black writ

In-Battle Berry Trees:

In certain areas of the game, you will notice a tree in the background behind the opposing Pokemon that appears to be holding berries. These Berry Trees can drop berries that the player will receive at the end of battle.

berry.jpg

Certain moves will interact with the tree and force it to drop its berries (which you will then see sitting at the base of the tree.) So far, I have only discovered Air Cutter to work to produce this. Also, you will only pick the berries up off the ground if you defeat the opposing Pokemon. (Catch the Pokemon and the berries will not be picked up.)

Last edited:

ctc43f

Quick theory, but what if the region the backpacker refers to is Sinjoh and it is the method to get a dialga/pallia/giratina in the game OR it gives access if you have the souvenir and one of the legendary creation trio? We already know there is the hiker that asks about genesect and the meteors for deoxys so it might be another event once the poke transfer opens.

Bluemage21

Quick theory, but what if the region the backpacker refers to is Sinjoh and it is the method to get a dialga/pallia/giratina in the game OR it gives access if you have the souvenir and one of the legendary creation trio? We already know there is the hiker that asks about genesect and the meteors for deoxys so it might be another event once the poke transfer opens.

The backpacker specifically states it is not one of the main game regions. It is possibly Orre as it is not one of the main game regions and people have wanted a new Orre region game for a while.

ctc43f

The backpacker specifically states it is not one of the main game regions. It is possibly Orre as it is not one of the main game regions and people have wanted a new Orre region game for a while.

Sinjoh was a hidden region in one of the gen 4 games that was available only by event if you had an arceus. It wasn't one of the five he listed, and it would be a way to either distribute the legendaries or their hold items in gen 6.

demnz

I hate breeding
2 questions
1) have ALL the kaios pokemon been discovered?
2) have ALL the mega evos been discovered?

Kangaskhan learns Power-Up Punch through TM. With Mega Kangaskhan, this boosts attack by two stages rather than one.

Granbull also knows Play Rough.

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but has anyone verified the return of the Masuda method?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I believe the experience you get from putting Pokemon in the Day-Care has gone up. I had my level 17 Charmeleon in the Day-Care and I hatched about 20 eggs. When I took him out he was already level 34. It must have gone up.

Pointless bit of info, and I don't know if someone already pointed it out but on Route 17 somewhere out of the way in a maze like place there is a sky battle with a trainer who has a Rotom, after you beat her nothing interesting happens.

calvinscott

anyone here have milotic ? can trade with me, just request what do you want, i have garchomp

or anyone here have milotic in their friend safari, please add me 5043 2080 0941

Blazios

If it's Orre then explain the Strange Souvenir that is "depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector".

I'm currently doing the Looker sidequest, and there's a bit of a spoiler revealed during Chapter 5. Unfortunately the screenshot I took ended up with illegible text due to the camera moving. If anyone else gets to that part then could you take a better screenshot? That would be great.

Malva of the Elite Four was a member of Team Flare! She specifically says "Even we of Team Flare had our sense of pride."

EDIT: I've finished the Looker sidequest and it seems that completing it is the last requirement for being truly "stylish". For example, Sushi High Roller becomes available, and the museum will allow you to use the audio guide for free. It also drops the price of the Stone Emporium's Mega Stones to 100,000. I will post back in this thread with anything else I find.

EDIT 2: I found someone who mentions that a Lave Dome Pokemon is in Jaune Plaza! I took a screenshot but it seems I am not high enough rank to post links. If I get a screenshot of Heatran proper I will send it to the webmaster.

EDIT 3: There's a memo on the front desk of Lumiose Press. It says, "I've gone to pursue the Mythical Pokemon. First, I'll start in the mountains." I don't know of any Pokemon known as the Mythical Pokemon in the Pokedex. Does anyone else? Could it just be referring to Zygarde or Mewtwo?

Last edited:

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
If it's Orre then explain the Strange Souvenir that is "depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector".

Well, we don't know a lot about the backstory of Orre, after all.

Hofstee

I am proposing/confirming Charizard Y's Base Stats.

HP - 78
Atk - 104
Def - 78
SpA - 159
SpD - 115
Spe - 100

I did some careful EV tracking on a Charmeleon which I monitored at level 30, 36, and 50 from the Battle Lab.

These base values make sense. +20 Atk, +50 SpA, +30 SpD
The nice number increase from Charizard's base stats tell me I probably got them right. A few other people also got the same results.

Last edited:

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
IDK if this was already posted, but I read earlier that
you can re-battle Essentia nightly. It seems this is false.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.