• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Hopefully we'll see more Pokemon with Pokemon Z, "IF" they decide to expand the Dex.

I really don't think they going add more Pokemon to Gen 6 "if they remake the game". THey might make more pokemon in Gen 7 come out. Gen 6 might just going be the lowest new Pokemon gen.

SilverSaint

It would be great if Serebii checked out who the Multi Battle partners are this time around. Maybe the 4 rivals battle with you this time.

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
While I'm rather disappointed by having only 69 new pokemon, most of them seem decent! While I would have loved to see more evolutions to some of the pokemon (Carbink, Dedenne) Most of these guys are based on fairly original ideas. While I was most looking forward to Fennekin's final evolution, Delphox is probably the greatest disappointment to me, I still say Kudos to Nintendo. I just thought we would be getting 2 Eeveelutions. Ah well.
Poison/Dragon and Grass/Ghost types make up for it.

diakyu

Hopefully we'll see more Pokemon with Pokemon Z, "IF" they decide to expand the Dex.
I don't see why they need to. They already gave an in-game reason as to why there are so few native Kalos pokemon so they really can't do it without some retconning. Not that third versions are unfamiliar with retconning.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
While I'm rather disappointed by having only 69 new pokemon, most of them seem decent! While I would have loved to see more evolutions to some of the pokemon (Carbink, Dedenne) Most of these guys are based on fairly original ideas. While I was most looking forward to Fennekin's final evolution, Delphox is probably the greatest disappointment to me, I still say Kudos to Nintendo. I just thought we would be getting 2 Eeveelutions. Ah well.
Poison/Dragon and Grass/Ghost types make up for it.
And have alot and biggest pekon Old and new in the game. XD I really hyper after seeing how many old pokemon was in the game

IcePhoenix

Dragon Warrior !
Please Serebii or someone else who owns the game, answer me :)...are the three mega stones for the kanto starters available in one game? I mean, i've been reading that you can only buy the mega stone of the one stronger against yours (for example, if i chose Squirtle and get Blastoisite, i can only buy a Venusarite later but i can't get a Charizardnite)...i need to know this because i want to choose squirtle, but i want a charizardnite too. Also, is it true that the Ivs now maximizes during wifi battles? Hope you answer me :)

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
Please Serebii or someone else who owns the game, answer me :)...are the three mega stones for the kanto starters available in one game? I mean, i've been reading that you can only buy the mega stone of the one stronger against yours (for example, if i chose Squirtle and get Blastoisite, i can only buy a Venusarite later but i can't get a Charizardnite)...i need to know this because i want to choose squirtle, but i want a charizardnite too. Also, is it true that the Ivs now maximizes during wifi battles? Hope you answer me :)

There is a Mega Stone Shop Post-Game, so yes.

DarkScythe96

Using the Ability Capsule and Trick in combination could theoretically allow you to switch your abilities mid battle! :D
This sounds really interesting to me, I can't wait.

The changes to weather inducing abilities (only lasts 5 turns) just made Drought Ninetails a little less appealing. (I still love ninetales, I'm just saying from a competitive standpoint) It won't effect Abomasnow as much, he's only ever out for a little while anyway. My Tyranitar will be sad though, no more infinite sand storm.
Still sounds like a fun new challenge to face for everyones weather teams. :)

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Using the Ability Capsule and Trick in combination could theoretically allow you to switch your abilities mid battle! :D
This sounds really interesting to me, I can't wait.

The changes to weather inducing abilities (only lasts 5 turns) just made Drought Ninetails a little less appealing. (I still love ninetales, I'm just saying from a competitive standpoint) It won't effect Abomasnow as much, he's only ever out for a little while anyway. My Tyranitar will be sad though, no more infinite sand storm.
Still sounds like a fun new challenge to face for everyones weather teams. :)

I kinda like it and kinda hate it. It seem more fair to me lol

DarkScythe96

Can anybody think of a pokemon who would benefit by switching abilities mid-battle?
On the flip side, who would suffer from a changed ability?
I know switching toxic orb Gliscor or Brelooms ability would wreck their whole strategy.

(Would this be considered off topic? I don't want to break the rules.)

Last edited:

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
Anything with Rivalry could benefit by ability switching.

I personally hope its an item that permanently changes the ability. I've got a shiny Lapras with Shell Armor. =/

DarkScythe96

I don't think so...
It sounds like an item that switches a pokemons ability to it's secondary ability, or to it's primary ability if it has it's secondary ability, but only while its equipped. I don't know how it would effect dream world abilities, and pokemon with only one ability. (it may not effect them at all)

[I could be completely wrong and it be a one use item. That just seems to good to be true, so I made the assumption it is likely a hold item. Can anyone confirm whether Ability Capsule is a one-use or hold item?]

I weep for your Lapras troubles. I can feel the annoyance that probably brings.

Last edited:

Tytus

Iron Islander
Pure Steel-type Mega Aggron with Filter? Nice buff.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
Nothing. The battle would proceed as usual.

I wonder what it looks like, though, because he looks like he's phasing through the ground normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.