• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver-mont

I wonder if Serebii (or anyone with the game, I'm talking to you, friends!) could give us the Gym Leaders' titles.

I love those little descriptions.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
It looks like Vivillon might vary between states? I guess someone in Ohio got a different one than someone in a different state... (??) 0.0

I'll check back when I get my game tomorrow night! ^_^
I have the theory that the game is using WiFi signal to determine location.

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
Thank you for starting coverage! What HM's are needed to get through this game? I assume, Surf, Fly, Strength and Cut are in.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Serebii, thanks for all the new info. I cannot wait for tomorrow night! I'll be picking up my games at midnight!

The idea of an inverse battle sounds pretty cool. For anyone trying to wrap their head around the idea, I made this possible representation of the new matchup. This is in the case that they don't just make everything opposite but do a true inverse of the battle chart (flipped over the diagonal that goes through the line of same-type matchups)

Gen_six_type_chart+with+inverse.png

Looks kinda rough to use a steel type pokemon in one of those battles!

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
All this new info Joe's been sharing is EPIC!!!!! :D I will say, I am gonna love it more when I get my XY strategy guide!

dreww1988

Thats weird CoroCoro, says that Tyranitarnite is exclusive the X - yet the exclusives on Serebii, say Tyranitar is a Y exclusive

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Thats weird CoroCoro, says that Tyranitarnite is exclusive the X - yet the exclusives on Serebii, say Tyranitar is a Y exclusive

The Aron line is exclusive to X while the Larvitar line is exclusive to Y.

Tyranitar's Mega Stone is exclusive to X while Aggron's Mega Stone is exclusive to Y.

The exclusivity of the Pokémon and their corresponding Mega Stones is reversed. It is meant to promote trade.

foxx

Serebii you should see if you recieve mega stones from beating the maison leaders. Maybe they each use a mega pokemon

Feenan

Ambitious Trainer
I just want to know if any legendaries are going to become Fairy type.
It would definitely nerf him but palkia seems like a dragon/fairy type to me.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hm? The form differences on the Pumpkin Pokemon is interesting. So...the bigger you get the higher the hp or attack. I am totally getting hte biggest one.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
so horde mons can have their hidden abilities. well how are we going to know?:p hopefully it's a high enough chance that we won't have to get extremely lucky to find one.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Where'd you learn this?

Serebii just updated the site with a form change pages. Roll down to Pumpkinboo (I think I got that name right) and it explains.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
so horde mons can have their hidden abilities. well how are we going to know?:p hopefully it's a high enough chance that we won't have to get extremely lucky to find one.
I noticed it only because Scraggy has the hidden ability Intimidate, which obviously activates at the start of battle. there is no way to tell which one of the pokemon had the ability though, so it's very unreliable.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I noticed it only because Scraggy has the hidden ability Intimidate, which obviously activates at the start of battle. there is no way to tell which one of the pokemon had the ability though, so it's very unreliable.

Isn't there an ability/move that lets you see what the target's Ability is? You could just use that when hunting for them.

Also, what is it that prevents these games from being torn apart like previous gens? Just new technology on the 3ds Chip? Ignore the question if it's not relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.