1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

The stat differences between Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's forms are pretty cool. I'm happy that it isn't just aesthetic.

2. Razmos

Razmos I have this sponge..

I believe there might be, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called because I've never had a reason to use it until now :p

3. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

I'm pretty surprised at how rare the mega stones seem to be. A large chunk of the revealed stones haven't even been found yet.

4. philzone

philzone Ready for trumpets

Um, the thing with the hoards having hidden abilities, has anyone thought there may be a litwick hoard, or a litwick in friend safari. Damn, ST chandy is upon us now!!!

5. Tytus

Tytus Iron Islander

I'm not sure that I quite understand it though... at first I thought the size was determined by the Pokemon's IV's, but it seems that the different sizes actually have different base stats?

6. malcolm_n

malcolm_n Pokemon Collector

That's what it sounds like to me. So the super size Gorgeist will be great if it learns Trick Room (as a jack-o-lantern, I demand that it does) and the smallest one will hopefully be fast enough to matter. I likewise imagine that you'll see the middle two the most?

7. AshenWolf

AshenWolf The Winter Wolf~

about the mega stones, have anyone think about stealing from the wild? i think some of them might be holding certain mega stones.

Edit: no, i dont have the game yet. just 31 more hours...

8. MasterKinRyu

MasterKinRyu Spectral Fae Trainer

Is the Ability Capsule a one time use item or a permanent item?

9. Rhynox

Rhynox Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to get a poke with both frisk and skill swap. That way you could find out about held items and hidden abilities

10. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

It is certainly possible. In fact, it is theorized that Kanto birds might have their Mega Stones. But the percantage is most likely low so it is not worth bothering with.

11. So is there no new Pseudo-legendary?

12. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

I believe goodra takes that title.

13. It is I-

It is I- Well-Known Member

Simple beam and entrainment change the foes ability, but you can see what it's ability was if you are paying attention.

14. malcolm_n

Also, Skill swap (as noted above). Cool, so it is possible. I also like that idea that there could be mega stones on wild pokemon. Looks like we'll need mega-gengar to catch the legendary birds, since I don't remember seeing Wobbuffet/other shadowtaggers in the dex.

*edit* Nevermind. 118 and 119 of Coastal.

15. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

mega gengar wouldn't work either way since the birds flee before you get to make a move.

16. malcolm_n

Nevermind, you're right. can't mega evolve in time.

17. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

there's plenty of other options though. I believe trapinch is in the regional dex and it has arena trap so that could work. or like you said, wobuffett.

18. 13_luckynumber

13_luckynumber Well-Known Member

I think Trace would be more effective and easier to check foe's ability

19. Judas

Judas Well-Known Member

Do we know if we have to wait two and a half months to transfer Pokemon or is there another way provided like in BW?

20. 13_luckynumber

13_luckynumber Well-Known Member

Arena trap doesnt work on Flying type