• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

The stat differences between Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's forms are pretty cool. I'm happy that it isn't just aesthetic.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Isn't there an ability/move that lets you see what the target's Ability is? You could just use that when hunting for them.
I believe there might be, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called because I've never had a reason to use it until now :p

diakyu

I'm pretty surprised at how rare the mega stones seem to be. A large chunk of the revealed stones haven't even been found yet.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Um, the thing with the hoards having hidden abilities, has anyone thought there may be a litwick hoard, or a litwick in friend safari. Damn, ST chandy is upon us now!!!

Tytus

Iron Islander
The stat differences between Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's forms are pretty cool. I'm happy that it isn't just aesthetic.

I'm not sure that I quite understand it though... at first I thought the size was determined by the Pokemon's IV's, but it seems that the different sizes actually have different base stats?

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I'm not sure that I quite understand it though... at first I thought the size was determined by the Pokemon's IV's, but it seems that the different sizes actually have different base stats?

That's what it sounds like to me. So the super size Gorgeist will be great if it learns Trick Room (as a jack-o-lantern, I demand that it does) and the smallest one will hopefully be fast enough to matter. I likewise imagine that you'll see the middle two the most?

AshenWolf

The Winter Wolf~
about the mega stones, have anyone think about stealing from the wild? i think some of them might be holding certain mega stones.

Edit: no, i dont have the game yet. just 31 more hours...

MasterKinRyu

Spectral Fae Trainer
Is the Ability Capsule a one time use item or a permanent item?

Rhynox

I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to get a poke with both frisk and skill swap. That way you could find out about held items and hidden abilities

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
about the mega stones, have anyone think about stealing from the wild? i think some of them might be holding certain mega stones.

Edit: no, i dont have the game yet. just 31 more hours...

It is certainly possible. In fact, it is theorized that Kanto birds might have their Mega Stones. But the percantage is most likely low so it is not worth bothering with.

It is I-

Isn't there an ability/move that lets you see what the target's Ability is? You could just use that when hunting for them.

Simple beam and entrainment change the foes ability, but you can see what it's ability was if you are paying attention.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Simple beam and entrainment change the foes ability, but you can see what it's ability was if you are paying attention.

Also, Skill swap (as noted above). Cool, so it is possible. I also like that idea that there could be mega stones on wild pokemon. Looks like we'll need mega-gengar to catch the legendary birds, since I don't remember seeing Wobbuffet/other shadowtaggers in the dex.

*edit* Nevermind. 118 and 119 of Coastal.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Also, Skill swap (as noted above). Cool, so it is possible. I also like that idea that there could be mega stones on wild pokemon. Looks like we'll need mega-gengar to catch the legendary birds, since I don't remember seeing Wobbuffet/other shadowtaggers in the dex.

*edit* Nevermind. 118 and 119 of Coastal.

mega gengar wouldn't work either way since the birds flee before you get to make a move.

Judas

Do we know if we have to wait two and a half months to transfer Pokemon or is there another way provided like in BW?

Status
Not open for further replies.