• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leosnake

i just received a chansey and Ninetails in Friend Safari :) think these are new finds?

Yes I think they are and yes I can get a Ninetales in this game. Just out of curiosity how many people do you have registered as the fire type?

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but apparently when breeding the offspring's default ball is determined by the mother's ball.

Bazza17

Yes I think they are and yes I can get a Ninetales in this game. Just out of curiosity how many people do you have registered as the fire type?

I have two, and it appeared in my 3 slot . I'm still not totally sure how to get the 3rd slot, sometimes it starts with 3, other times it adds it at somepoint. can anybody clarify this?

Leosnake

I have two, and it appeared in my 3 slot . I'm still not totally sure how to get the 3rd slot, sometimes it starts with 3, other times it adds it at somepoint. can anybody clarify this?

I think one of the people you have on the friend list has to be also playing the game at the time though I could be mistaken.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure

im pretty sure your friend has to unlock the friend safari to be able to make you catch the third pokemon

Bazza17

im pretty sure your friend has to unlock the friend safari to be able to make you catch the third pokemon

Ah right I see. I hope that is the case, or it seems a bit daft to have access to a maximum of two slots per friend add when all 3 are open. Is that the definite mechanic and gate-way feature for the 3rd slot, do we know for certain? :)

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Ah right I see. I hope that is the case, or it seems a bit daft to have access to a maximum of two slots per friend add when all 3 are open. Is that the definite mechanic and gate-way feature for the 3rd slot, do we know for certain? :)

i finished the game, i can add you and test it now

EDIT
wait i think i already have you.... i remember your username

kemal07

Has anyone found the best way to train guys : /... I could do with some good tips...

In B/W and B/W2 I would just normally train by battling a bunch of Audino for huge bulks of exp points, but Audino now only appears on Route 6 or 7 I beileve...

Isn't there any other possible way where I could train and get lots of EXP points rather than battling the usual wild Pokemon.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Has anyone found the best way to train guys : /... I could do with some good tips...

In B/W and B/W2 I would just normally train by battling a bunch of Audino for huge bulks of exp points, but Audino now only appears on Route 6 or 7 I beileve...

Isn't there any other possible way where I could train and get lots of EXP points rather than battling the usual wild Pokemon.

Fight trainers with the Exp Share turned on, have the Pokemon you want to train up front, switch it out and have another Pokemon faint the opponent, you'll gain 50% more Exp.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
so each person had its friend safari zone with a specific pokemon and type in every other game or is it different from person to person?

yes each friend code is fixed with the exact pokemons to everyone
my codes are fighting and poison with seviper, ariados, preloom, pancham and mankey

Last edited:

Bazza17

Me and Azure did some testing, seems that everybody has a specific type, the same 3 pokémon, and the third slot unlocks for friends after gaining access to the Friend Safari (probably triggered as soon as you become Champion)

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester
I see in the skate tricks page you missed one. When you slightly move the circle pad your character skates with feet together in a kind of swivel motion. Also not sure if anyone has mentioned it but, critical captures are still present I just caught a cubone in glittering cave with one and a woobat.

Last edited:

ovidkid

Besides the elite four, certain restaurants and battle chateau what who are people you can battle continually or daily I need some cash for the kanto starters megastones. Also where do you evo a nosepass?

Superjub

Reposting it here, but Serebii (if you read this and everyone else of course :)), in case you didn't know already: "I've seen this pop up a lot and I've finally cracked it. Idk if it's been discovered yet but to evolve Magneton and presumably Nosepass you have to level it up in the Luminose Badlands (outside of the Power Plant although you can level it up anyway in the area/route.) I hope I helped. "

Last edited:

Leonsoares

Besides the elite four, certain restaurants and battle chateau what who are people you can battle continually or daily I need some cash for the kanto starters megastones. Also where do you evo a nosepass?

Route 10, maybe? Lots of stones, emitting energy...

Status
Not open for further replies.