• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Wow... In Anistar City, in one of the houses, there's an old man who asks for you to lend him a Pokémon level 5 or lower. If you do this, then come back in the post game, he's dead, leaving behind the Poké Ball containing your Pokémon. Examine it, and you'll find a note he left, thanking you for lending him the Pokémon, and you also receive a Comet Shard. And, of course, the Pokémon rejoins you.

Also, the Hex Maniac who gives you TMs in Anistar's Pokémon Center just gave me the TM for Double Team.

STADIUM

Boulder Trainer
Found lv poliwag fishing in Laverre City (old rod). Basculine is also there fishing with the good rod (red stripe in Pkmn Y).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
May someone please point me in the correct location of the backpacker that gives you the strange souvenir.

There is no "specific location", the guests in hotels change every day:
It was the Cyllage City hotel. I'd already talked to him three times before - first time he mentions a city, the second a facility, and the third time the region Champion. As the guests in the hotels change each day I'm guessing the location will be random for each player.

STADIUM

Boulder Trainer
Apparently, TMs are no longer passed down when breeding. Had a male chesping with some TM moves and bred it with ditto, but the child only had tackle and growl. :-/

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Dunno if it's an error or if it proves that it's actually random, but the Bisharp I got from the Snowbelle trade is Adamant, though it's listed as Jolly in the page. And the Froakie I got from Shauna is Jolly, though it's listed as Hardy in the page.

Oh, yay another person who chose chespin.

Anyway, after the sylveon stats, I worked out the stats for mega lucario. Due to rounding in the game, I only have approximations of the stats.

70HP/140ATT/92DEF/136SPATT/70SPDEF/107SPD

Could someone also check these please? And the sylveon stats?

EDIT: stadium, was your chespin female??

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I've just been doing some chaining, and it seems the chain can break just entering a patch... i.e. theres nothing in the patch at all and just breaks your chain...

Also, has anyone else using the pokeradar, seen 5 patches shake?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
After beating Battle Chatelaine Nita in Singles, I unlocked the Super Single Line. This isn't exactly new, since Serebii revealed the info on the Super Lines a few days ago with the Super Double Line. Nita had Grumpig, Purugly and Wigglytuff, with the first two both knowing Shadow Ball, and Purugly knowing Hypnosis as well. Is there any other info about the Battle Maison?

On related note, I love that the Elite 4 theme plays when fighting the Maison leaders, which is nice in that the Champion doesn't have to share a battle theme with anyone this time around.

iKarlCPFC

Whilst browsing the GTS I saw somebody was looking for Ho-Oh.

If you got the Cafes around Kalos and book the £5000 table, if you talk to the person in the same room they will show you a Pokémon which get's added to your Pokédex.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Caught a Pancham in the Friend Safari, Adamant with three perfect IV's (HP, Defense, and SA IIRC). I suspect something might be up with the Pokemon there, but more data points may be needed. If they do have a higher tendency toward good natures/IV's, that would be really useful for starting out in the Battle Maison, before you get all the Power items.

As an aside, has anyone tried Pokeradar-ing in there? Just curious, because when the friend isn't online you only seem to run into one or two Pokemon... might be good for shiny hunting, if it still works that way.

I can confirm the Jolly Froakie from the rival.

IV Judge is the psychic in the Pokemon center in Kiloude City.

My location is Wisconsin, and I got a polar Vivillon when I evolved it.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Caught a Pancham in the Friend Safari, Adamant with three perfect IV's (HP, Defense, and SA IIRC). I suspect something might be up with the Pokemon there, but more data points may be needed. If they do have a higher tendency toward good natures/IV's, that would be really useful for starting out in the Battle Maison, before you get all the Power items.

As an aside, has anyone tried Pokeradar-ing in there? Just curious, because when the friend isn't online you only seem to run into one or two Pokemon... might be good for shiny hunting, if it still works that way.

I can confirm the Jolly Froakie from the rival.

IV Judge is the psychic in the Pokemon center in Kiloude City.

My location is Wisconsin, and I got a polar Vivillon when I evolved it.
Poke-radar can't be used in the friend safari.

Ghost-Type

Plugged in some Stats into an IV calculator concerning all the Pokemon I've caught in the Friend Safari. Turns out that 1-3 of the stats of EVERY pokemon I caught were at 30-31 range in IVs. Does this mean that Safari Zone Poke have very high chance of having VERY good IVs? I Find this rather amazing and intriguing in terms of breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.