• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
Serebii's item list for Route 12 is missing the Aspear Berry and the Sachet behind the farm house.

Aielyn

Air Cutter and Twister have been confirmed.
Thanks.

I've been testing some more for myself - I can rule out (in Flying type moves) Fly, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Gust, and Acrobatics. I can also rule out (moves I tested because they sounded like they had some chance) Fury Cutter, Smack Down, Knock Off, Cut, False Swipe, Low Sweep, Aqua Tail, and Slash.

Moves I think are worth trying: Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Razor Shell, Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Hurricane, Air Slash, Aeroblast (once Lugia is available to test with), Dual Chop, Cross Chop, Headbutt, Karate Chop, Metal Claw, Night Slash, Pluck, Psycho Cut, Sacred/Secret Sword, Steel Wing, Wood Hammer, X-Scissor.

leon4321

Thanks.

I've been testing some more for myself - I can rule out (in Flying type moves) Fly, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Gust, and Acrobatics. I can also rule out (moves I tested because they sounded like they had some chance) Fury Cutter, Smack Down, Knock Off, Cut, False Swipe, Low Sweep, Aqua Tail, and Slash.

Moves I think are worth trying: Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Razor Shell, Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Hurricane, Air Slash, Aeroblast (once Lugia is available to test with), Dual Chop, Cross Chop, Headbutt, Karate Chop, Metal Claw, Night Slash, Pluck, Psycho Cut, Sacred/Secret Sword, Steel Wing, Wood Hammer, X-Scissor.

i have also heard that Earthquake hits them as well but i havent tested that 1 myself

MegaAbsol

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Inkay's hidden ability is Infiltrator, caught one earlier in Friend Safari.

Cmack102

Just to expand on my previous find

- New Pokemon can be seen, including Legendaries, by sitting in Restaurants and talking to various people, each one will show you a Pokemon.

These Restaurants can be found in a few towns (Much like boutiques) and have a Coffee Cup on their front door and no hanging signs. Also, I have tested, and tipping the waiter DOES NOT affect anything as far as I have found.

Rakurai

I really hope that all of the Pokemon who didn't get mega evolutions or the Fairy type got a little bit of love in terms of moveset additions.

So far, Manectric hasn't learned a single new attack, nor has Haxorus, both of them being level 55. The former has Electric Terrain as a relearner move, for what little that's worth, though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I really hope that all of the Pokemon who didn't get mega evolutions or the Fairy type got a little bit of love in terms of moveset additions.

So far, Manectric hasn't learned a single new attack, nor has Haxorus, both of them being level 55. The former has Electric Terrain as a relearner move, for what little that's worth, though.

Actually, it seems that most Pokémon keep their older moveset with only small changes. There seems to be a few stat changes though, such as Alakazam who now gets 95 Sp. Def(though that seems to be a programming error, as its Mega Evolution only gets 90 BST addition as opposed to the standard 100) and Butterfree who supposedly now gets 90 Sp. Atk, and of course there are the additional abilities, which we still don't know if there are secondary Hidden Abilities or they are just outright retcons.

Which makes me wonder, have any tried to test Ferrothorn in Friend Safari to see if it gets a Hidden Ability(same goes for Misdreavus and Duskull who I don't know for sure if it inherits the Hidden Ability in its first stage or just has Levitate like Starly's Keen Eye)?

madfwaz

the hikers item from the hotel could that be eluding to a pokemon collosuem/ xd zone? if its none of the previous 5 gens?

bign0se

Don't know if this has been mentioned but:
- A guy in the geosenge hotel gave me a Rage Candy Bar (restores 20 HP, Mahogany town mentioned)
- In my berry garden, a lady came to examine berry mutations. She moves into the house there and keeps records of the different berry's. These are the ones I have:
Mago + Iapapa = Pomeg
Aspear + Leppa = Hondew
Lum + Sitrus = Tamato

Also got a nice salary rise when doing the Richesse Hotel jobs :)

Kaluriel

Programmer
Don't know if this has been mentioned but:
- A guy in the geosenge hotel gave me a Rage Candy Bar (restores 20 HP, Mahogany town mentioned)
- In my berry garden, a lady came to examine berry mutations. She moves into the house there and keeps records of the different berry's. These are the ones I have:
Mago + Iapapa = Pomeg
Aspear + Leppa = Hondew
Lum + Sitrus = Tamato

Also got a nice salary rise when doing the Richesse Hotel jobs :)

There was a guy somewhere in the game looking for a rage candy bar, i wonder if it might trigger something

Silvers

Anyone know where the item maniac is that buys things like Balm Mushrooms and Pearls for more than the Poke Mart?

Rakurai

Apparently, Toxic now has flawless accuracy when it's used by a Poison type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.