• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how often, but the Snorlax in Route 7 respawns. I haven't caught it yet, so I'm not sure if that's why. Maybe it respawns every after E4 defeat like previous games?

Also, all the moves that Tierno wants to see in Courmarine are dance moves. So far, I've gotten Lunar Dance, Dragon Dance, and Petal Dance.

tmurphy1992

this may or may not have been said already, but if your pokemon reaches its evolution level during battle than faints it still evolves, even if you lose the battle. i havent played the other games in awhile so im not sure if that happens in other games.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Going to repost the list of compiled references here.

Vegeta's 'Over 9000!' meme
-Reggie's 'My body is ready' comment
-Ruby and Sapphire references (hints maybe that there will be a remake of the 3rd gen games)
-The region is more based on France.
-Snorlax blocking the road is a nostalgia for the R/B/Y games
-HarmoKnight. http://imgur.com/z7SxoDh
-Hyper Beam and Psychic use the Gen1 sound effects.
-Slenderman in the ghost house
-Female trainer in Y talks about being 20% more something after you beat her - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mu38Gcyoi8
-Youngster Joey
- I Like Shorts
-The beginning forest is an almost exact replica of viridian forest from gen 1. Even the hidden item spots are the same.
-My body is ready trainer in Victory Road

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

-Ruby and Sapphire references (hints maybe that there will be a remake of the 3rd gen games)
-Female trainer in Y talks about being 20% more something after you beat her - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mu38Gcyoi8
-Youngster Joey
- I Like Shorts
-The beginning forest is an almost exact replica of viridian forest from gen 1. Even the hidden item spots are the same.

- A guy at Shalour referenced Hiker Andy, the controversial Ferris Wheel hiker from BW.
- There are NPCs who play the remixed version of Emotion (Bianca & her Dad's dramatic music), and Jubilife. I forgot where.

There's referances to a lot of the regions.
(Hints there will be remakes of all the games).
Don't get your hopes up.

Razmos

I have this sponge..

-Youngster Joey
- I Like Shorts
I also noticed a female Waitress in Battle Maison called Catla who spoke like a lolcat

Bluemage21

this may or may not have been said already, but if your pokemon reaches its evolution level during battle than faints it still evolves, even if you lose the battle. i havent played the other games in awhile so im not sure if that happens in other games.

This happens in EVERY GAME in the series.

ShadowKreach

- A guy at Shalour referenced Hiker Andy, the controversial Ferris Wheel hiker from BW.
- There are NPCs who play the remixed version of Emotion (Bianca & her Dad's dramatic music), and Jubilife. I forgot where.

The Jubilife City remix is in a house in the North-East portion of Snowbelle City.

I think I have an idea what the Special Souvenir might do.

I've had my lead pokemon holding it, and I've found two shinies in under four hours (spinda and geodude, both in horde battles). That's quite a coincidence - anyone else tried this?

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The Jubilife City remix is in a house in the North-East portion of Snowbelle City.

And the Emotion remix house is in upper Coumarine City.

Lithexive

Noticed that there is a medal missing on the medal page:

Egg Breeder: A Medal to prove the decent parental instincts of people who hatched 10 Pokémon Eggs.

Should be right after Egg Beginner.

Edit: Found a few more which are missing:

Link Battle Pioneer: A Medal to praise the advanced competitive spirit of Trainers who had 10 Link Battles.

BP Wealthy: A Medal to praise the strength and continuous efforts of those who earned 100 BP.

10-Time Hall of Famer: A Medal for Trainers who enter the Hall of Fame 10 times.

Head It Fan: A Medal commemorating a score of ★★★ in Pokémon-Amie's Head It Unlimited mode.

Lumiosian: A Medal for locals of Lumiose City who have become extremely stylish.

Fashion Leader:
A Medal for those who have accumulated a lot of clothing.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I think I have an idea what the Special Souvenir might do.

I've had my lead pokemon holding it, and I've found two shinies in under four hours (spinda and geodude, both in horde battles). That's quite a coincidence - anyone else tried this?

I've encountered 2 RE shinies in a game in under an hour before, so unless you end up finding another 5+ shinies with that as your lead in the next 5 or so hours, odds are it was random luck.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Pokéarth is missing a trainer on Route 12: Swimmer (F) Isla. Corsola lvl. 28 and Lanturn lvl. 28, both female. no idea on their moves.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
There's referances to a lot of the regions.
(Hints there will be remakes of all the games).
Don't get your hopes up.

Or they will start on making a game with kanto johto hoenn sinnoh unova and kalos. Which would be cool ;p Getting a lot of badges

Thunade

Fossils

According the page about the Glittering Cave, the Dome and Helix fossils are available. Almost 100 fossils in, I have yet to find either so I think they might be exclusive to Pokémon Y, I'm playing X.

Either that, or I have the worst luck ever, which is possible but it's weird it's both the Kanto fossils I'm missing.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Training Ribbon on the obtainable ribbons page says Lumiose Cafe'. It is more specifically Cafe Ultimo (North Side) and it's not a man, rather the woman in green that gives the Ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.