• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Was said already that the old fossils are version exclusives (Kanto ones being exclusive to Y).

Pokemonspecialgerman

well the NPC is in Jaune Plaza, not really one you talk to but rather you just overhear it like a lot of NPCs in Lumiose City. she says something along the lines of "I heard theres a Lava Dome Pokemon in Jaune Plaza"

ohh that's a good point. it definitely won't be in this game though which is a shame. Pokemon Z in the making i guess!!

Oh thanks. That's exactly the same 2 ladies I was talking to earlier today. But now she referred to the lava dome pokemon too. Maybe she will give us more informations if we visit this place more often / or on different times?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
- A guy at Shalour referenced Hiker Andy, the controversial Ferris Wheel hiker from BW.
- There are NPCs who play the remixed version of Emotion (Bianca & her Dad's dramatic music), and Jubilife. I forgot where.

I also noticed a female Waitress in Battle Maison called Catla who spoke like a lolcat

The Jubilife City remix is in a house in the North-East portion of Snowbelle City.

And the Emotion remix house is in upper Coumarine City.

Cool, I'll try to keep a list of all the findings.

Vegeta's 'Over 9000!' meme
-Reggie's 'My body is ready' comment
-Ruby and Sapphire references (hints maybe that there will be a remake of the 3rd gen games)
-The region is more based on France.
-Snorlax blocking the road is a nostalgia for the R/B/Y games
-HarmoKnight. http://imgur.com/z7SxoDh
-Hyper Beam and Psychic use the Gen1 sound effects.
-Slenderman in the ghost house
-Female trainer in Y talks about being 20% more something after you beat her - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mu38Gcyoi8
-Youngster Joey
- I Like Shorts
-The beginning forest is an almost exact replica of viridian forest from gen 1. Even the hidden item spots are the same.
-My body is ready trainer in Victory Road
- A guy at Shalour referenced Hiker Andy, the controversial Ferris Wheel hiker from BW.
- There are NPCs who play the remixed version of Emotion (Bianca & her Dad's dramatic music), and Jubilife.
- a female Waitress in Battle Maison called Catla who spoke like a lolcat
- The Jubilife City remix is in a house in the North-East portion of Snowbelle City.
- the Emotion remix house is in upper Coumarine City.

Or they will start on making a game with kanto johto hoenn sinnoh unova and kalos. Which would be cool ;p Getting a lot of badges

It's nice to have hopes, but we should keep them in the realm of reality. ;)

Goten21

Cool, I'll try to keep a list of all the findings.

I thought about the ghost girl, and I think I found a connection

A guy in a hotel asks why his girl(friend) left him
I think he's referring to the ghost girl, since she says that I (the player) am not "him"

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
There's a guy in a cafe on Vernal Avenue who mentions having 101 Furfrou. Pretty sure that's a Disney movie reference.

There is also a "Hex Maniac Carrie" by the Lost Hotel. I suspect that may be a reference to Stephen King.

You can make surprise mulch with three Oran berries.

The art museum's paintings depict scenes from past games.

Last edited:

Lithexive

There's a hatching O-Power which isn't listed on the site, it lowers steps needed for eggs to hatch.
It is given to you from Mr. Bonding in one of the Lumiose Cafés once you have finished all the "stylish" activities around Lumiose city

I just had a run in with a Floatzel horde in Pokemon X. Figured I'd let you guys know so you could update the page. The Horde was in Room 4 of Victory Road.

crobatman

Anyone run into a horde battle of Zangoose and Seviper, but had your own Seviper and Zangoose?

Did they still fight each other, or try fighting your Zangoose/Seviper? Just thought that would be a fun to research.

Lithexive

Is this confirmed?

Yes I have obtained it on my game.
Level 1 requires 2 energy to use on yourself and 1 energy to use on others, level 2 requires 3 to use on yourself and 2 on others. I haven't unlocked level 3 yet.

Kaluriel

Programmer
Yes I have obtained it on my game.
Level 1 requires 2 energy to use on yourself and 1 energy to use on others, level 2 requires 3 to use on yourself and 2 on others. I haven't unlocked level 3 yet.

it'll be interesting to know if this stacks with flame armor, or does that ability do nothing anymore

Lithexive

it'll be interesting to know if this stacks with flame armor, or does that ability do nothing anymore

Well, I tried hatching a few eggs with level 1 activated and having flame body Volcarona in my party and the eggs hatched incredibly quickly. It took around 3 laps of the central tower in Lumiose city to hatch 5 Gible eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.