• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemage21

I read somewhere on a sign that some pokemon come evolve DURING a battle, I think this is a new mechanic.

Also, it seems Budew can only evolve while it's at the head of your party and levels up, even if you use a rare candy outside of a battle. I'm pretty sure this is new.

Bluemage21

I read somewhere on a sign that some pokemon come evolve DURING a battle, I think this is a new mechanic.

Also, it seems Budew can only evolve while it's at the head of your party and levels up, even if you use a rare candy outside of a battle. I'm pretty sure this is new.

Which pokemon are that? all my pokemon evolved after battle.

Not sure about the Budew thing though, you sure you tried it with max happiness in the daytime when you used the rare candy?

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
yeah there is, Flying Press.
The same question from above applies then. Does Hawlucha get double stab with this attack? Does that make it 3x or 2.25x?

Which pokemon are that? all my pokemon evolved after battle.

Not sure about the Budew thing though, you sure you tried it with max happiness in the daytime when you used the rare candy?

I don't know which pokemon, the sign didn't specify, maybe someone can try to confirm?

And yes, my Budew had max happiness for a while now but whenever he leveled up in battle from a exp share he didn't evolve after the battle, but then I put him in the head of the party and used a rare candy outside of battle he evolved. I didn't get to see if he leveled up while in a battle as the head of the party tho because he was too weak. ( And yes, while testing all of this it was daytime )

Bluemage21

The same question from above applies then. Does Hawlucha get double stab with this attack? Does that make it 3x or 2.25x?

I am not sure, but i do not think so, it only COUNTS as a move of both types. If you play Yu-gi-oh, it seems to be similar to the cards that have a second attribute.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector

R_N

Ah, thank you. So the fact that it's also Flying only counts for determining weakness. That works for me.

About the pokemon evolving during battle - I'm pretty sure it's referring to Mega Evolution, since that's the only instance we've seen of an "evolution during battle". Of course, I could be entirely wrong.

I think the game is probably referring to "during battle" as "just after battle"
Which, Budew would be an example of.

Aldonya

I thought about the ghost girl, and I think I found a connection

A guy in a hotel asks why his girl(friend) left him
I think he's referring to the ghost girl, since she says that I (the player) am not "him"

I'm pretty sure she told me I am "not her"

So I think that's dependant on what gender you're playing.

My memory could be wrong, though, since I was pretty freaked out at the time. *is majourly spooked by ghost stuff, even in pokemon* :C

Andrew McKenzie

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but if you don't have enough for the cab fare, the driver will challenge you to a battle after bringing you to the destination. Not only that, but if you beat him, you get money like with any other trainers, so not only do you get to your destination for free, the driver ends up paying you if you beat him. I'm not sure if it's a different one every time since it only happened the once but I got Driver Coupe, and he used a Sandile around level 34.

Yes, it's called Mega Evolution.

I'm dumb.

Edit: Also, has anyone beaten the Elite 4 and champion before visiting the hex maniac place? Maybe she is referring to the champion as "the one" OR has anyone visited gotten the statue before visiting the place?

Edit 2: Sorry for being kinda spammy with these edits BUT I just read a sign on Route 11 that you're more likely to get a critical capture the more pokemon you've captured, don't know if someone already pointed this out or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.