• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyPikachuLevel100

Does everyone know about the legendary bird you can get? Ive been encountering it lately and when I was looking for megastones I found it at the Sea Spirits Den.

Yeah you get ONE depending on your starter.

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
He's saying you'll need to breed good pokes to trade people for their birds. You can't make ther rest appear without reseting your save. Even then, you still only get one per playthrough.

warriorkalia

Can anyone confirm that hordes can't be triggered in tall grass? Or are the Pokemon on the route before Parfum Palace all ineligible for horde battles...?

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
According to the main site, (and some personal testing just now) you cannot get horde battles on rt 6. (The place with the tall grass)

BChan8397

I've noticed that the rival's Meowstic is listed as a male one on the daily event page, yet my rival's Meowstic is female. Is this the same for anyone else?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've noticed that the rival's Meowstic is listed as a male one on the daily event page, yet my rival's Meowstic is female. Is this the same for anyone else?

I believe that's because Calem has a Male Meowstic, while Serena has a Female Meowstic. Nice use of gender difference Pokemon, I think.

Aielyn

I've noticed that, when fishing in Cyllage City, you can get sandpiles, similar to the snowpiles you can get on Route 17 according to the Wild Battle Item page. I don't know if they appear elsewhere, but they do appear there with the Super Rod.

I can also confirm that Surf does not affect them. I'm currently seeking a Seadra to complete my Cyllage City catchables set (I try to catch every pokemon I can catch at any point before continuing with the story - I'm up to Dendemille Town in the storyline), and the other move I have that might have an effect is Bulldoze (it makes sense in context of a sandpile) - I'll be testing that one next time I get a sandpile (unless there's a Seadra there, in which case I'll keep trying to find one to test Bulldoze on).

UPDATE: Bulldoze also has no effect. My next pick is Rock Slide, but I'll have to see if I have a pokemon in one of the boxes that knows it.

Last edited:

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
Anyone been having wierd glitches with gts? I've been trying to get a Japanese ditto all day and sometimes when I make the trade I get a communication error before hand. Well I finally managed to trade a pansage for a japanese ditto and then I went for a charmander. I got the error message and it told me to shut off my system. When I turned it back on I checked my pc through gts to see if I still had ditto. I actually still have the pansage as well as the ditto that I just received? If I can figure out what is causing the errors then I'll look into this.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Anyone been having wierd glitches with gts? I've been trying to get a Japanese ditto all day and sometimes when I make the trade I get a communication error before hand. Well I finally managed to trade a pansage for a japanese ditto and then I went for a charmander. I got the error message and it told me to shut off my system. When I turned it back on I checked my pc through gts to see if I still had ditto. I actually still have the pansage as well as the ditto that I just received? If I can figure out what is causing the errors then I'll look into this.

Yeah I've had those too. It seems that everytime you filter the search to show only those you can do will cause an error. But if you turn off that filter, the trade will work.

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
Yeah I've had those too. It seems that everytime you filter the search to show only those you can do will cause an error. But if you turn off that filter, the trade will work.

I see..I'll check if I can replicate it then.

Edit: Hmm I've tried a few times but can't seem to obtain the same result from the first time. Not sure how it happened then.

Last edited:

Aielyn

OK, I just confirmed that Rock Slide will indeed work on a Wild Battle sandpile. And the item I got from it was a Stardust.

I'm now moving on to Route 8 to catch some Super Rod pokemon, and if I find another sandpile there, I'll report back on what else might be obtainable.

EDIT: On a side note, I just confirmed that Razor Wind doesn't work on Trees.

Last edited:
Hey, well, I saw this at /vp/ and can confirm it's real.
The pic is too big so I have to post the URL.
https://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1382160062334.png

Also, Phantumps pokedex entry is so dark, this HAS to be the darkest pokegame yet.
And one last thing, I have max style going from what serebii says but it still costs 150,000 dollars, how do I lower it to ten grand?

EDIT: Holy ****, I just notice that this is related to the ghost girl it says "Wait in the usual place" and when you go to the ghost girl it says "No, you're not the one." WHOA. I'm gonna go to teh ghost girl place again, see if something changed.

EDIT 2: Some help with this would be great as well, i'm gonna take the TMZ and see if I can find someone who know's about the girl.

Last edited:

tyro333

i'll look into it as well, seems pretty interesting
this better not end up resulting in like a cleanse / spell tag or something useless like that i swear haha

I don't know if there's multiple cleanse tags in the game, but if not then I already have the only cleanse tag so it couldn't be that.

Edit: There's a hex maniac in Kiloude city looking for petal blizzard, anyone know what happens when you give it to her? Maybe that's what she needed to go get help for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.