• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawile can be taught Play Rough and Iron Head from the move relearner, awesome!!!
Also heracross can learn pin missile through level up and bullet seed + arm thrust move from move relearner, these pair nice with its mega evo's ability :D to make heracross better, it learns close combat at around level 33 :)

Last edited:

AshenWolf

The Winter Wolf~
What do the snowball and luminous moss items do?

snowball boost attack if you get hit by ice type move. one time use item. i think luminous moss does the same thing but with grass type move

edit: i just noticed that the Oran berry tree drop an Oran berry today. pretty sure i picked it up last week so maybe these tree drops an berry once a week?

Last edited:

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
I still need someone to tell me where all the Roller Skate tutors are in Lumiose.

ginxnoxao

Forgetful Trainer
Any confirmation on secret tipping effects? I heard shinies show up more often if you tip alot.

Currently grinding for a shiny ralts

Funny Tidbit: By default, Greninja seems to learn a better phys moveset than a spA moveset.

If you want a spA sweeper in this guy, you gotta get the scald and ice beam tms at the very least. o Ao;

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Really? Well, nice to see they're still obtainable.

Am I the only one who'd rather have a PP Max than a Rare Candy?

Who would want to win just one Rare Candy in the first place? PP Max just seems so much better in every way.

Any confirmation on secret tipping effects? I heard shinies show up more often if you tip alot.

No confirmation on that still.

So I did an Inverse Battle, and Inver used a Shedinja. A Shedinja. I was so confused, but I've realized how interesting a metagame like this would be.

Last edited:

airaid

Breeding Geek
I don't know where else this can be posted, but I did a bit of breeding lately. Confirmed that Goomy can breed for Poison Tail.

Just a freebie I discovered. If this is supposed to go elsewhere, please inform me/feel free to move the comment.

Aielyn

So for when you battle Inver, can't you just read the type chart the opposite way? Or am I wrong?

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they switch supereffective and not-very-effective. So Grass types become weak to Grass and resist Flying, while Ghost types resist Ghost and Rock and Steel types are weak to Normal. I also seem to recall hearing that immunities are simply removed (like the effect of Foresight on Ghost types).

Reever

Don't Blink
If your poke dies in battle and it levels up it can still evolve even if it died.

TopDecking Shinobi

"Use the Vs. Recorder to record Battle Videos of battles with friends or battles in special facilities! What's more, if you connect to the Internet, you can upload your Battle Videos! You can also search for Battle Videos that others have uploaded by entering a code."

So by upload battle videos, does this NPC's text mean that an actual video is uploaded to the new Global Link, or what specifically? I haven't been able to find anything on this really.

Cmack102

On the beach at Route 8 you can use the Dowsing Machine to find a
- Stardust
- Heart Scale

They reset daily!

R_N

"Use the Vs. Recorder to record Battle Videos of battles with friends or battles in special facilities! What's more, if you connect to the Internet, you can upload your Battle Videos! You can also search for Battle Videos that others have uploaded by entering a code."

So by upload battle videos, does this NPC's text mean that an actual video is uploaded to the new Global Link, or what specifically? I haven't been able to find anything on this really.

Uploaded to a server that you access through the vs recorder, like in previous games

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If your poke dies in battle and it levels up it can still evolve even if it died.

This has been true as far back as I can remember. I know it happened in Gen 3, at least.

Uploaded to a server that you access through the vs recorder, like in previous games

I actually like that you can save more than just one of your own videos at a time. And having mock battles with that team you fought is an interesting little gimmick they have going there.

Bathrezz

Pokerus can be found in X and Y. I picked up a pokemon with pokerus from GTS.

ShinyPikachuLevel100

What haircuts are available for the guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.