• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STADIUM

Boulder Trainer
I've found a Mental Herb in Route 20 (Wandering Woods). It is not listed in the ItemDex nor in the Pokéarth section for Route 20.

After defeating Pokéfan Roisin (little girl singing a tale about a little princess) I took the west exit, then the south exit (only possibility). I ended up in a place with four exits. Going to the East I ended up in a place with a big tree. The Mental Herb was in it.

EDIT:
Another way to go: from where MT53 (next to Hex Maniac Desdemona), two screens to the west.

Last edited:

Rakurai

I can't help but wonder if the AI partners you get in the Battle Maison could have some undiscovered egg moves on their Pokemon.

Might be faster to check them out instead of doing random guesswork.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Damn, just replanted a lot of patches!! Something should free up soon though, I will test it as soon as it does. As well as the liechi + ganlon combination. Nice find btw!
Oh crap I planted all my apicot berry's, that sucks. And all my Ganlon, but they will be ready soon:) I have enough Liechi. I can also say Liechi defenitely grows faster than Ganlon, don't know exact days or something, but I'm pretty sure i planted them around the same time.
I did plant a Liechi and Apicot next to each other by accident, but no surprise mulch. They are now still buried, no tree's yet. I guess I can't really do a lot of testing then, which sucks.
I can however say something about yields:
I don't really use any mulch expect for a little surprise mulch here and there. I take care of my garden whenever I'm not busy (once in the morning, then when I come home a couple times and just before I go to sleep. Most trees have a yield ranging from 5 - 11. The 2 Liechi berry's I planted however, only had a yield of 3 and 2. Not very much. So I think those rarer berry's definitely need a little more care, or just don't give out that much berry's. Or maybe I should start using mulch. I want more Liechi berry's since I wanted to sent little wynauts holding them over the wonder trade :)

Yeah, I've been using surprise mulch made from three Oran berries. I hope there is some way to get some of the event berries through mutation, particularly Custap... I might start trying combinations with Salac berries when I get the chance (and the aforementioned theoretical Maranga combination). Who knows, there might be other new berries in the game as well...

Also, neat idea with the Wynauts. It would be kind of cool to do some social experiments with Wonder trade, i.e. one person distributes a bunch of Pokemon and see if anyone here ends up getting one from that person.

perl1

Pokemon Master
in pokemon X or pokemon Y do you think the hoenn region is located somewere because there are loads of hints to it

BCVM22

No, the Hoenn region is not found in X/Y. There are just as many hints referencing Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova.

welcometorapture

Wouldn't say as many, because the references to Hoenn seem very out and about, while other regio's are mentioned once or twice each. Although I agree, there is no way a complete regio could have gone unnoticed.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Wouldn't say as many, because the references to Hoenn seem very out and about, while other regio's are mentioned once or twice each. Although I agree, there is no way a complete regio could have gone unnoticed.

No, they're definitely just as prominent. It's because you're specifically looking for Hoenn references.

Aielyn

in pokemon X or pokemon Y do you think the hoenn region is located somewere because there are loads of hints to it

Well, technically yes, the hoenn region is located somewhere. Probably not reachable in the game, though.

But I do suspect there is an off-map location somewhere. Why? Various references to things we haven't seen yet, plus the train station in Couriway Town. Not so much that it's there, but the description given on the town map: "The railway brings people from great distances to see the huge, majestic falls."

Perhaps an event, perhaps a reward for completing the national dex, perhaps just some undiscovered secret. But I do think we'll be going somewhere.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Amazing ability fits an amazing Pokémon.
Yes, Adaptability can make Dragalge ridiculous. I've seen it firsthand on Pokemon Showdown (they're testing Gen VI stuff). Sludge Bomb + Choice Specs is a nasty thing to switch into.

SuzieJoeBob

I just found out that if your Lumiose style is high enough, you receive the audio-guide for the Lumiose Museum for free for "being so stylish". Normally, it is 200 poke-dollars, which isn't much, but is still interesting. Sorry if someone already said this, but it wasn't under the style section for Serebi.net's Pokemon XY section.

Rakurai

I noticed that the JP wiki is listing the combo for the Maranga Berry as being an Apicot Berry and a Petaya Berry, which would make sense, considering that the two have the same fruit and flower shape on their trees, which seems to be a requirement for mutations to occur.

Also, Chatot apparently can learn Boomburst as an egg move now, which makes it substantially more dangerous considering that it gets STAB on it and is significantly faster then Exploud (Though sadly not fast enough to outspeed tons of popular Pokemon still).

Last edited:

NeoPhantos

WEEKLY EVENT, not currently recorded in the site to my knowledge.

The berry trees that have berries sometimes in front of them regenerate weekly or so, leaving another berry beneath.

Just got another of each berry, which was unnecessary since I was already farming the berries and have nearly 100 of each one (200 for Lum Berries so I never have to worry about status conditions again). Still, this must be added to the weekly events now.

Did some research online and found a rumor that Liechi Berry+Ganlon Berry=Kee Berry. Currently testing this.

Also, if the Physical oriented berries results in the Kee Berry, maybe the Special oriented berries will result in the Maranga Berry. Also currently testing this.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

NeoPhantos

The old man died and left you your Pokémon and a Meteor Shard which you can sell for a lot of money. That's what he is for: you give him a Pokémon to keep him company on his final days of life... A rather sad subplot VERY unusual for Pokémon games...

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.