• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Has anyone had this happen on amie-My pyroar was jumping on bottom screen, I clicked play, and instead of the usual first part (either tilting his head or back turned), it started from the side, going up. It was pretty awesome, he looked so majestic.

Jzny

Arcanine Master
Has anyone had this happen on amie-My pyroar was jumping on bottom screen, I clicked play, and instead of the usual first part (either tilting his head or back turned), it started from the side, going up. It was pretty awesome, he looked so majestic.

Happens with my Goodra too, I think it occurs occasionally when max affection has been reached.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Happens with my Goodra too, I think it occurs occasionally when max affection has been reached.

Isn't it cool?

Tekka

Daemon Hunter
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but in addition to the Contest Memory Ribbon that was recently listed on the front page/XY ribbons section, there is also a Battle Memory Ribbon which consolidates the eight frontier ribbons from generations three and four.

bign0se

I'm gonna write my initial impressions of PokeBank here! Finally it is here :)
The registration process is a bit tedious, but simple. Lots of waiting on connections and all that. The pokebank itself is awesome :) First thing I noticed it that I can't use the touchscreen! Sorta makes sense, cause you use the top screen too, but it takes some getting used too. You can't even select options, so you have to use buttons, a little bit weird. After each session it saves. Now for my second session, I got an error when i was saving. I immedialty checked back in, to find everything i had done being gone... I had renamed several boxes, got the pokes out of my transport box and all that. Also got the Celebi again(no I don't have two Celebi's, the first one didn't get saved), all progress was really deleted. So a little note: don't do too much in one session, since if it glitches out, you can start all over again...
On the transporter: easy to use, simple, lot of cartridge switching, as time consuming as Pal Park or the poketransfer lab thinggie I guess, mostly for the constant waiting on connections.
I replayed Soul Silver a little while ago, I wanted nice pokemon, but all my pokes were in BW2. So I hacked some 5 IV starters, all legitimate, moveset and everything. Just as if they were bred. They got through the poketransfer just fine. So it seems as long as they look legit, they can come through. I don't have insanely hacked pokemon or something, so I can't try that. (and I won't)

One thing that I find weird is that I can't figure out where I would need to pay my credit. It says I still have 29 days free credit, but I wouldn't know how to get more. Worry about that when it happens I suppose. Another thing is the pokemiles/BP. I opted for the BP, so I got send 10 BP to my X. You have to receive this in a similar way to how you receive dream radar pokes in BW2, through pokemon Link. Next session I got send the Celebi. So I received that to. But now I'm just transferring, but I'm not getting anymore battle points I don't think.

Anyway, that's my initial impression, I'm off to do some more transferring!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Dunno if people are aware, but if you delete Hold Back from the event Celebi, you can bring it to MR to get relearn the move.

BurningWhiteKyurem

As for Pokemon Bank, I've noticed one issue. I caught a Dream World Leavanny from the Hidden Grotto, only for Bank to tell me that it was problematic and unable to be transferred.

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
As for Pokemon Bank, I've noticed one issue. I caught a Dream World Leavanny from the Hidden Grotto, only for Bank to tell me that it was problematic and unable to be transferred.

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people unable to transfer certain things (I myself had a PRNG'd shiny Drilbur rejected).

My theory is that Bank's hack checker is just very slightly arbitrary.

Eeveon1316

Having tested the Dream Ball, Sport Ball, Moon Ball, and Safari Ball, I can confirm that all four of them can be passed on by the mother when breeding. I'll go out on a limb and assume that the rest of the Apricorn Balls can be passed on as well.

Just in case anyone else was curious about that.

Reamer182

ShellBack Trainer
Has anyone been having problems with the pokebank/ transporter denying legit pokemon. I personally have had a few cases of this.

Rasbred

i need around 70 pokemon to have one of each pokemon in pokebank..

can i start a new game, transfer ALL 718 pokemon til my new game.

and then play the game with a shiny charm ?

how "fast" can i get the shiny charm if i have all 718 pokemon in a new game.. ?

Rakurai

i need around 70 pokemon to have one of each pokemon in pokebank..

can i start a new game, transfer ALL 718 pokemon til my new game.

and then play the game with a shiny charm ?

how "fast" can i get the shiny charm if i have all 718 pokemon in a new game.. ?

You need to finish the game before you can get the charm, as you don't get the National Dex until then.

julabard

I love how you don't have to delete Surf/Fly/etc to trade up to Pokemon Bank. At last, it was always tedious removing these moves

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I love how you don't have to delete Surf/Fly/etc to trade up to Pokemon Bank. At last, it was always tedious removing these moves

I actually did that with every pokémon I had... in my living dex.. a lot of time wasted there. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.