• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Battle Trozei Discoveries

ZXLucario

I have theories as to how to catch the remaining Pokemon.
Unown A - Bring Unown !, Unown ? and another Unown as Support and get a flawlessly catch the previous Pokemon(I literally can't tell which PKMN) with one of the Unown to unlock Unown A.
Masquerain - Defeat Surskit flawlessly with either a Water-type of a Flying-type, since Surskit is Water-type and Masquerain is the latter type.
Castform - Bring either a Fire-type, Water-type, Ice-type or Normal-type and defeat Smeargle flawlessly with it. I guess Castform will appear with the corresponding form (Fire-type=Sunny Form).
Reuniclus - Bring Solosis and Duosion (and Gothitelle) as support and defeat Gothitelle flawlessly with one of the mentioned Psychic-types to unlock Reuniclus.

It's most likely you tried these methods, but if you haven't, take a shot. I mean the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I can't work out how to get Ivysaur, Charmeleon and Wartortle. The site says to create a high combo and score but that isn't working (considering I got a combo of 53 on Bulbasaur and nothing...)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hmm, I shall double check it., Try using Super Effective attacks

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I have theories as to how to catch the remaining Pokemon.
Unown A - Bring Unown !, Unown ? and another Unown as Support and get a flawlessly catch the previous Pokemon(I literally can't tell which PKMN) with one of the Unown to unlock Unown A.
Masquerain - Defeat Surskit flawlessly with either a Water-type of a Flying-type, since Surskit is Water-type and Masquerain is the latter type.
Castform - Bring either a Fire-type, Water-type, Ice-type or Normal-type and defeat Smeargle flawlessly with it. I guess Castform will appear with the corresponding form (Fire-type=Sunny Form).
Reuniclus - Bring Solosis and Duosion (and Gothitelle) as support and defeat Gothitelle flawlessly with one of the mentioned Psychic-types to unlock Reuniclus.

It's most likely you tried these methods, but if you haven't, take a shot. I mean the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work.

Tried all those :(

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
I can't work out how to get Ivysaur, Charmeleon and Wartortle. The site says to create a high combo and score but that isn't working (considering I got a combo of 53 on Bulbasaur and nothing...)

I am having the same problem, only with Quilladin and Frogadier. Somehow I managed to get Braixen...

TeddiUrsa

I got Shedinja simply by clearing the level without any support Pokémon at all. I think I had a flawless capture against Ninjask or even a 20+ combo, but I can confirm that no support is needed at all.

Glcelebi

The Completionist
I found ivysaur by simply beating bulbasaur with charmander. At time i also finished the box, but charmander as support pokemon beating bulbasaur most likely triggered ivysaur.

Wartortle appeared when i used ivysaur as support pokemon beating squirtle, but i didnt clear box, i just beat squirtle with ivysaur. So far it seems kanto starters or evolutions are obtained just by beating starter with the starter or evolution thats super effective against it. that or its just as long as its another kanto starter irrelevant of effectiveness.

Sorry my theory is in the bin, as long as it was a super effective attack, irrelevant of support pokemon (yeah i tried a kanto support on 1st try) the starter evolution appears.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
I found ivysaur by simply beating bulbasaur with charmander. At time i also finished the box, but charmander as support pokemon beating bulbasaur most likely triggered ivysaur.

Cheers, I just tried that and also got Ivy. I went back to try it for the Kalos starters, in this case Chespin against Froakie. The first time I failed to get Frogadier, but second I time I did. the only difference was that I did clear a box... highest combo was around 20 something.

Glcelebi

The Completionist
Cheers, I just tried that and also got Ivy. I went back to try it for the Kalos starters, in this case Chespin against Froakie. The first time I failed to get Frogadier, but second I time I did. the only difference was that I did clear a box... highest combo was around 20 something.

You're Welcome, and yeah for kalos starters apparently it doesnt matter on pokemon as long as you clear box on pokemon before the evo. Its how i got them 1st try for kalos starters.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
The site's advice isn't working for Jirachi, either. :/

That being said, I managed to get to Ivysaur using Vivillon. So super effective attacks must be the answer.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Try taking Groudon or Kyogre (or both) to get Jirachi. That may do it

I used both Kyogre and Groudon as supports, captured Ditto with a single, 54 combo (which started with Groudon), final score of 10,994... no Jirachi came up. It must be something else.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Jirachi's appearance appears to be based on the Pokedex completion and the Unown. A current sure way (according to some Japanese board commentaries) to get Jirachi to appear is to have Pokedex completion of at least 50% (more secure if 51%), then use an Unown as an attacking Pokemon on Jirachi. No high combos, clear boxes or one hits needed. I managed to get my Jirachi this way, but I wasn't sure if the Dex completion or Unown was the key. Could be both.

Coronis~

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Jirachi's appearance appears to be based on the Pokedex completion and the Unown. A current sure way (according to some Japanese board commentaries) to get Jirachi to appear is to have Pokedex completion of at least 50% (more secure if 51%), then use an Unown as an attacking Pokemon on Jirachi. No high combos, clear boxes or one hits needed. I managed to get my Jirachi this way, but I wasn't sure if the Dex completion or Unown was the key. Could be both.

Coronis~

So get the Pokedex to 50% or more, then attack the Ditto with an Unown? Gotcha. :) Thanks!

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

Coronis~

Ah cool, thanks.

Any sign on there about Reuniclus, Masquerain, Castform & Unown A (though the latter three are unlikely til tomorrow/Monday as I time travelled for them)

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I wonder if using super effective moves will do anything for Reuniclus. I'll see what I can do when I get there.

At the very least, I can verify that they work for all the starters.

Nulava

Banned

Coronis~

So get the Pokedex to 50% or more, then attack the Ditto with an Unown? Gotcha. :) Thanks!

He said use Unown as an attacking Pokemon on Jirachi, not Ditto. :)

Edit: According to Coronis,

Jirachi's appearance is triggered when you hit Ditto with Unown.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
He said attack the Jirachi, not the Ditto. :)

Yes, but the context implies that you need to use Unown to attack Jirachi in order to get Jirachi. :/ So I thought it was just a typo and that he meant to write Ditto.

Just to be clear, what's already been tried in order to get Reuniclus? I'm coming up to that bit and I want to see if I can do anything.

Edit: Bit of a weird thought... Maybe use Zekrom as a support? It is a bit weird to see a White exclusive in an area with Reshiram...

Last edited: