• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Battle Trozei Discoveries

KurowaSan

Croissant Kamen \o/
The main site says you need Gloom as support to get Bellossom on Safari, but I don't even have Gloom yet and got Bellossom. Don't know what I did though.
Still can't get Gengar, Porygon2 and others <o>

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The main site says you need Gloom as support to get Bellossom on Safari, but I don't even have Gloom yet and got Bellossom. Don't know what I did though.
Still can't get Gengar, Porygon2 and others <o>

Ok, shall check into it. Thanks

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I need help on catching Latias and Latios. I have 2 support Pokemon unlocked now and I have come close before and I've managed to get Latias but not Latios. The problem is that even with Chansey as a support Pokemon, that Absol at the start is really tough to get because it gives you no Pokemon in the link box that are super effective so I have to attempt to stall back my health with Chancey's but I never manage to get it back tofull so Latias and Latios kill me easily. Especially since they go inside my link box. What support pokemon should I use anyone?

Just got the game, and I need help getting the evolutions of the Kalos starters. How high should I get my score and combo?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I need help on catching Latias and Latios. I have 2 support Pokemon unlocked now and I have come close before and I've managed to get Latias but not Latios. The problem is that even with Chansey as a support Pokemon, that Absol at the start is really tough to get because it gives you no Pokemon in the link box that are super effective so I have to attempt to stall back my health with Chancey's but I never manage to get it back tofull so Latias and Latios kill me easily. Especially since they go inside my link box. What support pokemon should I use anyone?

A Fairy-type Pokémon would be super effective on both :)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
A Fairy-type Pokémon would be super effective on both :)

I completely forgot about Fairy > Dark! Thanks Serebii! So should I use a fairy Pokemon and chansey or 2 fairy Pokemon?

bobdat

I've been playing quite a bit (beaten game, Pokedex up to about 60%), but I'm having real difficulty getting Hitmontop/chan/lee. I've been using Azelf as my support Pokemon and I've done >2000 damage (25 combo) in a flawless capture to each Tyrogue, but I never get their evolutions. The advice says that it's just a flawless capture that's needed with a high combo, so am I just being impatient and they actually need a combo of 30 or so? I'm finding this very frustrating because it's the first time in the game I've really found something far too difficult (spent 2-3 hours just on this level). Advice?

Last edited:

Eternia

I've been playing quite a bit (beaten game, Pokedex up to about 60%), but I'm having real difficulty getting Hitmontop/chan/lee. I've been using Azelf as my support Pokemon and I've done >2000 damage (25 combo) in a flawless capture to each Tyrogue, but I never get their evolutions. The advice says that it's just a flawless capture that's needed with a high combo, so am I just being impatient and they actually need a combo of 30 or so? I'm finding this very frustrating because it's the first time in the game I've really found something far too difficult (spent 2-3 hours just on this level). Advice?
Take Tyrogue as support.

xAlien95

Hi, in /battletrozei/locations/zone5.shtml you could tweak the stage infos.
Stage 5 is unlocked by catching all the starters and their second stage, and unfotunately Stage 6 isn't unlocked by getting A or S Rank in all stages cause I actually have A rank in all the stages and it's still unlocked.

Omagis

don't work

I got Shedinja simply by clearing the level without any support Pokémon at all. I think I had a flawless capture against Ninjask or even a 20+ combo, but I can confirm that no support is needed at all.

don't work :( can you give me other details??

From what I can tell, getting the Kalos starters you need a score of 500, and a combo of at least 15 when facing the 'boss' if you will

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Never mind, I got Latios now :) Used Flabebe and Chansey.

ZXLucario

Oh, great!!! I have to wait until the actual day of March 20th instead of now to download this game. It's too late and I didn't buy a $50 eShop card. Anyways, any tips before I get the game, please?

ArchangelUnmei

Shiny Cottonball!
Oh, great!!! I have to wait until the actual day of March 20th instead of now to download this game. It's too late and I didn't buy a $50 eShop card. Anyways, any tips before I get the game, please?

It won't be in the eShop until it updates around noon EST anyway, there isn't any kind of "midnight release" for download-only titles. Which has me really annoyed, let me tell you!

Silversea

So its the 20th and its not in the e-shop, what does that mean? EDIT: Ah, nevermind, just read the above.

Last edited:

jakeisquite

I noticed for the high combo, you have to get it on the pokemon before it and not anywhere in the level. First level I got like a 30 skiddo and didn't get it, but only got 20 on chespin and quiladin appeared. Not sure if that's the case for every zone, but it was the same for the first zone.

Can anyone tell me what exactly a 'flawless captures' criteria is? thanks :)

For it to count as a 'flawless' capture, you must do it in one single attack (you can use combos, it makes life easier). For example, stacking up Link/Trozei Chances on your first attack when using, say, a Regice, against Rayquaza, could kill it in one hit, making it easier to unlock Zone 4-5.