• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

I have no clue if you can find Hidden Ability Pokemon this way just yet.

Don't worry we know we can. Serebii has already posted a screen of with Adaptability in his discovery thread.

Very happy with the Elite 4. The level bumps are nice, Sydney should have never had Pokémon below level 50 in the originals. I'm glad Phoebe has a Dusknoir now, and Phoebe having two Froslass is MUCH better than two Sealeo. Also glad to see Drake's Bagon was replaced with a Kingdra. Why they never did that in the first place is beyond me. Rematch teams and levels are excellent.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Slightly off topic, but is it an appropriate time to create the ORAS Recent Happenings thread, or will that be created after the EU release?

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Game Freak has heard my praying. Finally Dragalge can have its Hidden Ability, Adaptability. I think this will make Dragalge a very viable Pokémon :)

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Looking at: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/elitefour.shtml, I love how the rematch teams each use a Mega-Evo. It should make for some pretty challenging matches.

The levels are high too, something X/Y failed to deliver. it's interesting how their signatures shift about, but I guess they don't really have much choice, do they? I like how Glacia has a theme with Hail now. More E4 members should have coherent strategies than just the bog standard 4 attacking moves which gets a bit stale. I'm a little disappointed Phoebe didn't utilise Trick Room; she could have got a lot of use out of that.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
The levels are high too, something X/Y failed to deliver. it's interesting how their signatures shift about, but I guess they don't really have much choice, do they? I like how Glacia has a theme with Hail now. More E4 members should have coherent strategies than just the bog standard 4 attacking moves which gets a bit stale. I'm a little disappointed Phoebe didn't utilise Trick Room; she could have got a lot of use out of that.
Yeah, seeing as they're supposed to be the best trainers in the region, it would make sense for them to put a bit more thought into their teams :/

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
So given Serebii's silence I guess he hasn't found an alternative to nicknaming the regis. So to get Regigigas you need to nickname the three regis and give Regice and castelia cone??? that's the most specific thing ever

Rather odd triggers for activating Legendary Pokemon appearances. I nickname all the Pokemon I use on my teams so that's not an issue but if Castelia Cones aren't available in ORAS I'm going to have to miss out on Regigigas as I only have 1 3DS and can't trade one from XY. Not that big of a deal as Regigigas isn't high on my priorities list.

EDIT: So nicknaming Regice IS one of the triggers? Completely bizarre and unusual method but it does get people to work for Regigigas. Probably won't be catching it for a long time as I'll be resetting for the Regis to have good IVs and natures which takes an eternity for me.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Serebii said:
Ok, so here's the method, the most ridiculously convoluted method I have ever heard of for Pokémon. People in Pacifidlog give hints, different hints for different players, but yeah.

Spoiler:- Regigigas:

To get Regigigas, you need to do the following

Capture all three Regis
Have it be daytime. If night, it won't work.
Bring all three Regis to Island Cave
Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills)
Have Regice have a nickname, only Regice needs it.

When you go to the middle of the Island Cave with all these conditions met, Regigigas will attack. If you don't have all them met you'll have a notification but nothing will happen. Regigigas then attacks at Level 50

There we have it. I'm stunned. If it wasn't for my friend constantly nicknaming his Pokémon which is something I never do, I'd have never have found it.

But hell, at least I had to work for it and that doesn't happen too often, outside the "Stay in the ball" moments.
Wow, it feels like Game Freak is making us do everything but jump through rings of fire in order to get the various legendaries this time

Elchar

I like how every E4 rematch lineup actually does have other Pokémon that could Mega evolve. It's kinda nice.
Also, judging by their levels, they returned to the "defeat them in THIS order" mechanic?

Bluemage21

I like how every E4 rematch lineup actually does have other Pokémon that could Mega evolve. It's kinda nice.
Also, judging by their levels, they returned to the "defeat them in THIS order" mechanic?

well, yeah, this IS a remake of the Hoenn Games, obviously they would have that.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Since you need some specific Pokemon on your team for certain Legendary Pokemon to appear does anyone think you need either the Drowzee line or the Munna line on your team to have Cresselia appear?

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Hah, I like how Joe seems to have had a miniature madness moment discovering the Regigigas unlock. :p

LizardonX

Banned
The regigigas thing sounds like something kids would make up at recess to trick their friends back when there was no internet.

Photonkrios95

Has anyone with access to the Dragon's Ascent tutor tried it with a different (Non-Hoenn) Rayquaza yet?

Orastrainer

I hope this fits into the thread seeing as it pertains to ORAS. But with online features like with secret bases, can you choose your avatar? Will it be like in past games where you could change your avatar between four of them or will you have complete choice? If so what are the avatars listed assuming they're most of the npcs like say Pokemon breeder as I would personally want my avatar to be.

Omega Sapphire

The regigigas thing sounds like something kids would make up at recess to trick their friends back when there was no internet.

I feel like that might be intentional as a joke. Especially since the whole "You can go to space!" thing actually happened. 10/10 Nintendo, would chuckle again.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Has anyone with access to the Dragon's Ascent tutor tried it with a different (Non-Hoenn) Rayquaza yet?

Yes mega Vcreate Rayquaza is a thing.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So seeing the list of the Pokémon that can be encountered on the discovery thread, I assume Chingling cannot be caught in the wild ?
Sorry, I don't have the game yet (will only get it tonight!), so I'm rather curious... ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.