• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Has anyone found out where Elite Four equipped their Key Stones? Because, they don't have 3D model for their post-game matches and it's hard to figure out it Japanese.

Mr.FusRoDah

Game Freak has heard my praying. Finally Dragalge can have its Hidden Ability, Adaptability. I think this will make Dragalge a very viable Pokémon :)

I agree, Adaptability Dragalge is a titan of terror just waiting to join my Poke-Army's ranks. Can't wait to tear the Poke-World a new one!

As for the Parallel Universe thing, I should have seen the foreshadowing sooner. Ever noticed when you transport Pokémon from Gen 5 into Bank and withdraw them, it said they went through a long journey through space and time? At first I thought it was just an exaggeration of Pokémon immigration from one region to another, but now it makes so much more sense. Now the Orre region actually makes a little more sense to why XD was 5 years ahead of Coliseum while FR/LG and R/S/E were taking place in Coliseum's timeline and yet able to trade with XD - Alternate dimensions of the Poke-verse don't just stop at parallel worlds, but rather completely alternate timelines with different defining events taking place.

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
I agree, Adaptability Dragalge is a titan of terror just waiting to join my Poke-Army's ranks. Can't wait to tear the Poke-World a new one!

As for the Parallel Universe thing, I should have seen the foreshadowing sooner. Ever noticed when you transport Pokémon from Gen 5 into Bank and withdraw them, it said they went through a long journey through space and time? At first I thought it was just an exaggeration of Pokémon immigration from one region to another, but now it makes so much more sense. Now the Orre region actually makes a little more sense to why XD was 5 years ahead of Coliseum while FR/LG and R/S/E were taking place in Coliseum's timeline and yet able to trade with XD - Alternate dimensions of the Poke-verse don't just stop at parallel worlds, but rather completely alternate timelines with different defining events taking place.

I love this! I really didn't stop to think about alt time lines/dimensions for pokemon. But it really does bring awhile new level of complexity to these games. Now I do think about it, kinda explains the fairy typing for older gen pokes also (although at the beginning of xy it's quite heavy on fairy being a new type discovered etc, so does that mean jiggly and co are newly discovered pokemon also??)

Yes adaptability dragalge ftw!

Genousity

So far no luck on the crashing...
Im on the phone with nintendo support but I've been waiting for almost an hour now, gamestop wont exchange my copy of omega ruby so Im stuck >.<

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Im on the phone with nintendo support but I've been waiting for almost an hour now, gamestop wont exchange my copy of omega ruby so Im stuck >.<

I'm really sorry for your problem. It's really interesting that you've come up with this glitch while no-one has encountered it. Have you tried your digital copy, Alpha Sapphire?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
In regards to your multiplayer avatar (how you appear in a Super Secret Base), the place where you change it is in Rustboro City's Pokemon Center. There is a man who will suggest a random Trainer class for you when you first speak to him and if you do not like it, you can pick the Trainer class that you like. You can speak to him again if you change your mind.

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
gamestop wont exchange my copy of omega ruby so Im stuck >.<

strange. my original copy of Black 2 never had the ROM dumped on it, but EB Games gladly exchanged it for me, have you tried going in person and demonstrating it to them?

Kangaflora

Going from what I've read so far, this is the first time that Trainers are forced to give Regice a nickname, something I don't like doing to Legendary Pokémon, but if I have to, I'll use it's Japanese pronounciation (from the 8th Pokémon Movie) as the nickname.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That sucks :(. Usually most used game stores I've been to give around a 30 day return period so you can return or exchange the game, if you have the receipt (did you have yours with you?). I'll have to check with my local Game Stop to see if they do it. It wouldn't be convenient if I wasn't able to do so. Or anyone else for that matter.

Are you at least able to get your money back if you can't get the copy to work right?

citronella

Is anybody sure if it is possible to trade, not bank, Pokémon from XY to ORAS before getting the National Dex?
And if the rumour about getting the National Dex at Gym 2 is right?

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
Going from what I've read so far, this is the first time that Trainers are forced to give Regice a nickname, something I don't like doing to Legendary Pokémon, but if I have to, I'll use it's Japanese pronounciation (from the 8th Pokémon Movie) as the nickname.

Same here, I very rarely give pokes nicknames, I dunno why just prefer the actual. It's no biggie though since you could just rename regice afterwards :)

Genousity

That sucks :(. Usually most used game stores I've been to give around a 30 day return period so you can return or exchange the game, if you have the receipt (did you have yours with you?). I'll have to check with my local Game Stop to see if they do it. It wouldn't be convenient if I wasn't able to do so. Or anyone else for that matter.

Are you at least able to get your money back if you can't get the copy to work right?

I've gotten a hold of nintendo, they cant find anything about it, They want me to send in my 3DS and my pokemon Omega Ruby so they can examine and repair it.
its gonna cost 80$ >.<

I downloaded alpha sapphire so im gonna play to the same point and see what happens.

Mr.FusRoDah

Dude, that sucks man. I feel for you, and hope that Nintendo makes a patch for this soon. This sounds like a really bad glitch. Not to mention by the sound of it, your local Gamestop has become Jerkface Depot.

I love this! I really didn't stop to think about alt time lines/dimensions for pokemon. But it really does bring awhile new level of complexity to these games. Now I do think about it, kinda explains the fairy typing for older gen pokes also (although at the beginning of xy it's quite heavy on fairy being a new type discovered etc, so does that mean jiggly and co are newly discovered pokemon also??)

Yes adaptability dragalge ftw!

Being an MTG fan, a Sci-Fi fan in general, and a Whovian, I like alternate timeline and parallel universe storylines. So booyah!

I never give any of my Pokémon nicknames either. I just don't like it, besides, I'm bad at giving nicknames. :'D

There is a solution - Nickname it, catch Regigigas, and change the nickname back to Regice. I plan on keeping my Regice nicknamed. I'm thinking Absolut 0 (Like the Vodka plus wordplay on the temp. that molecular movement ceases.).

Last edited:

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I never give any of my Pokémon nicknames either. I just don't like it, besides, I'm bad at giving nicknames. :'D

blob

Why did Dodrio get given more special moves through level up in ORAS? Some of the additions seem to be completely pointless, as most only get Facade and Quick Guard for whatever reason.

BTW, are the Medals still online only?

Genousity

I have to wait another 3 weeks now >.<
to even play any of my 3ds games >w<

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've gotten a hold of nintendo, they cant find anything about it, They want me to send in my 3DS and my pokemon Omega Ruby so they can examine and repair it.
its gonna cost 80$ >.<

I downloaded alpha sapphire so im gonna play to the same point and see what happens.

Seriously? o_O They're the ones who screwed it up. So they shouldn't be charging you for it.

Hope Alpha Sapphire works ok for you.

Genousity

im testing now, if the digital one is good then im just gonna hold onto it.
all of my other cartridge based games work.

hopefully this isnt just an issue for me and a patch gets developed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.