• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
im testing now, if the digital one is good then im just gonna hold onto it.
all of my other cartridge based games work.

That's good. Sounds like something is wrong with the cartridge itself.

Genousity

yeah, I can send in just the cartridge, but they want me to send my 3ds exactly as it is right now.
they said it has to be something unique about my situation atm.

I know I probably shouldn't post about this here. but I just really wanna know if theres someone else whos having this issue.

Anti Spiral

Can't you just take it back to Game Stop? I've taken games back plenty of times in the past if they haven't worked and just got a straight replacement.

Genousity

They wont accept it. did the same to my destiny game as well. might try my luck at another gamestop

Im just having bad luck this morning >.<

Mr.FusRoDah

So the head honcho of the forums made a pretty cool discovery with his Breloom from Ruby. Check it out in the discovery thread. It screams awesome nostalgia!

So the head honcho of the forums made a pretty cool discovery with his Breloom from Ruby. Check it out in the discovery thread. It screams awesome nostalgia!

I love that so much. Makes me wish I had my games, but I'm stuck in the travel bans because of all the snow the Buffalo, NY area got. The Gamestop won't extend the grace period on my preorders too, so hopefully I'll get them by Sunday, otherwise I'll have to reorder them.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima

Guess I was right about there being some sort of thing unlocked by bringing over a mon caught in the originals.
Watch it be just one of many certificates with every mon in the old Hoenn dex. Just kidding though, I mean it could just be a one time thing.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
They wont accept it. did the same to my destiny game as well. might try my luck at another gamestop

Im just having bad luck this morning >.<
I love that so much. Makes me wish I had my games, but I'm stuck in the travel bans because of all the snow the Buffalo, NY area got. The Gamestop won't extend the grace period on my preorders too, so hopefully I'll get them by Sunday, otherwise I'll have to reorder them.
Is it me or is Gamestop just an awful company? At least in the UK we have Game, which has decent customer service. My brother got a second hand 3DS from then, and when he discovered that the speakers didn't work they replaced it no-problem.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Well my shinny double edge lonely migthyhena and shinny quiet crobat with heatwave and giga drain are going to be very happy about this.

Mr.FusRoDah

Is it me or is Gamestop just an awful company? At least in the UK we have Game, which has decent customer service. My brother got a second hand 3DS from then, and when he discovered that the speakers didn't work they replaced it no-problem.

The Gamestop I go to has decent customer service. It seems to me like most of the Gamestops in the nation are ran by Scumbag Steve and his ensemble of drunks, dregs, and droogs who don't know jack about customer service and yet keep their jobs because Gamestop is the #1 game store in the nation. What they fail to realize is customer service is key, and all it takes is a competitor with better service and some time, and the next thing you know, there's a new #1, and then they'll be getting their pink slips.

mbruno

With the requirement that you have to have both Reshiram and Zekrom on your team to encounter Kyurem, if I have Omega Ruby, does the Zekrom have to be the one from Alpha Sapphire or can it be any Zekrom and same thing with needing Lugia and Ho-Oh to encounter Raikou/Entei/Suicune?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
With the requirement that you have to have both Reshiram and Zekrom on your team to encounter Kyurem, if I have Omega Ruby, does the Zekrom have to be the one from Alpha Sapphire or can it be any Zekrom and same thing with needing Lugia and Ho-Oh to encounter Raikou/Entei/Suicune?
They can be from any game. Serebii got his from trading over the required Pokemon from previous games.

I've never had a problem with the store personally, but I've seen a lot of people hating on it. I just find it rediculous that the store won't extend the time on the preorder when i still can't find my car on the driveway.

mbruno

They can be from any game. Serebii got his from trading over the required Pokemon from previous games.

Well, thank goodness for that. It will make things easier compared to getting, for example, Rayquaza in HGSS, where you were required to have the Kyogre from HG and the Groudon from SS.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I've never had a problem with the store personally, but I've seen a lot of people hating on it. I just find it rediculous that the store won't extend the time on the preorder when i still can't find my car on the driveway.
That's what I was referring to. I'm pretty sure that counts as some severe extenuating circumstances. Any human being with an ounce of empathy (or business sense) would realise letting someone pick up a game a day or two late because the heavens decided to send an icy sh*tstorm their way is probably the right thing to do.

Nocteau

I know we've found pretty much all of the mega stones, but do we know which ones are during the game and which ones are post game?

Orastrainer

In regards to your multiplayer avatar (how you appear in a Super Secret Base), the place where you change it is in Rustboro City's Pokemon Center. There is a man who will suggest a random Trainer class for you when you first speak to him and if you do not like it, you can pick the Trainer class that you like. You can speak to him again if you change your mind.

When you go to change it does it let you pick from any trainer class or a select few? I just got my copy but I can't play it just yet so I'm extremely curious.

blob

Why did Dodrio get given more special moves through level up in ORAS? Some of the additions seem to be completely pointless, as most only get Facade and Quick Guard for whatever reason.

BTW, are the Medals still online only?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Why did Dodrio get given more special moves through level up in ORAS? Some of the additions seem to be completely pointless, as most only get Facade and Quick Guard for whatever reason.

BTW, are the Medals still online only?

Medals are only in the PGL, yes. There appear to be new ones, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.