• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

blob

Medals are only in the PGL, yes. There appear to be new ones, too.

Why are they only online? I hate having to save the game online, only to find out PGL is under maintenance... I also like to get them given to me by that guy and looking at them in-game. Now it just feels kind of pointless.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm sure most people have figured this out by now, &/or someone already posted this, but I think I figured out exactly how the search function of the Dex Nav works. While you're only able to specifically search for pokémon you've already caught, search level constantly increases by 1 every time you encounter a pokémon either in battle or in the overworld. So, for example, let's say you haven't caught a Poochyena but you've encountered this pokémon 8-10 times. The next time you go to some place such as Route 101 and you find a hidden Poochyena, the Dex Nav will then be able to tell you information such as its ability and the first move it knows

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I think there might be a mechanic change to Pickup ability. I was battling this Rich Lady Zigzagoon on route 104 when my Surskit health was down to 7 hit points it consumed its held Oran berry then suddenly the rich lady's Zigzagoon's pickup ability activated and it found an Oran berry and consumed it. I don't know if the mechanic of Pickup ability was always like that ingame. Just wanted to voice it out.

Zoldakin

I think there might be a mechanic change to Pickup ability. I was battling this Rich Lady Zigzagoon on route 104 when my Surskit health was down to 7 hit points it consumed its held Oran berry then suddenly the rich lady's Zigzagoon's pickup ability activated and it found an Oran berry and consumed it. I don't know if the mechanic of Pickup ability was always like that ingame. Just wanted to voice it out.

That mechanic has existed since Black and White. It's pretty neat though.

what if OR/AS has made split mega evolutions? like charizard X/Y or mewtwo X/Y?

We would've known by now.

Edit: greninja'd

Bluemage21

what if OR/AS has made split mega evolutions? like charizard X/Y or mewtwo X/Y?

we already know this is not the case. EVERY mega-evolution is known, and Serebii (As well as others) have all been going through both games.

EDIT: gah, Ninjask'd

Nocteau

we already know this is not the case. EVERY mega-evolution is known, and Serebii (As well as others) have all been going through both games.

EDIT: gah, Ninjask'd

Except for lucarionite (which I don't care much for) and garchompite (which I really want because I have a gible). I hope they find them soon, if possible.

leoaugusti

Grass Trainer
Has anyone tried Munna/Musharna to find Cresselia? It should be like Castform and the Kami Trio, and they are related to Dream World thing just like Cresselia is to the dreams, who knows hahaha

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Has anyone tried Munna/Musharna to find Cresselia? It should be like Castform and the Kami Trio, and they are related to Dream World thing just like Cresselia is to the dreams, who knows hahaha

Has anyone tried Darkrai as well since it's basically Cresselia's counterpart and all? Seems strange that Cresselia is proving to be such a nuisance to locate.

Is anyone else noticing the black dot on male Torchic's behind? Has this always been the case, because I've been trying to get a specific natured Torchic from Birch, and I just now got a female one, which surprisingly doesn't have said spot. Can anyone else confirm this, or am I losing my mind?

leoaugusti

Grass Trainer
I think they already tried Darkrai, that's why i tought about munna/musharna, because it's not directly related but they have that dream thing. But after Regigigas we can expect anything.

Lorde

Is anyone else noticing the black dot on male Torchic's behind? Has this always been the case, because I've been trying to get a specific natured Torchic from Birch, and I just now got a female one, which surprisingly doesn't have said spot. Can anyone else confirm this, or am I losing my mind?

That's been the case since D/P. It's a gender difference. :p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The most unbelievable thing just happened. I was walking through Route 104 to head for the pokémon center, when the Dex Nav picked up a Wingull; however, this time the search symbol had a red circle with an exclamation mark in the center. I looked up the information for the Wingull and not only did it know an egg move (Aqua Ring), but it was at level 15 too. Though I lost 2 of my pokémon battling it, luckily I was able to catch it. According to the Dex Nav, I encountered Wingull 12 times before catching this one, so I think that when you encounter the same pokémon at least 10 times, there's a chance it'll be at a higher level than normal

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
The most unbelievable thing just happened. I was walking through Route 104 to head for the pokémon center, when the Dex Nav picked up a Wingull; however, this time the search symbol had a red circle with an exclamation mark in the center. I looked up the information for the Wingull and not only did it know an egg move (Aqua Ring), but it was at level 15 too. Though I lost 2 of my pokémon battling it, luckily I was able to catch it. According to the Dex Nav, I encountered Wingull 12 times before catching this one, so I think that when you encounter the same pokémon at least 10 times, there's a chance it'll be at a higher level than normal
Wulava already mentioned something about finding a Pokemon with DexNav that was 10 or so levels higher than the norm. But the more people find it, the more we can narrow down the requirements :)
Wulava said:
- I encountered a Lv. 13 Lotad with Sweet Scent on Route 102 using the DexNav. +10 levels above the usual encounters.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wulava already mentioned something about finding a Pokemon with DexNav that was 10 or so levels higher than the norm. But the more people find it, the more we can narrow down the requirements :)

Thanks for telling me that, though I now think we can scrap the 10 levels or higher theory. I just found a level 13 Surskit after only encountering it two times, though it didn't have an HA or an egg move

Lorde

So Fossils are version exclusive as well. Ugh. Well at least AS gets the Helix Fossil and Cover Fossil. And I'm glad that Cresselia and Crescent Isle have finally been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.