• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on DexNav, I've been searching for a Shroomish in Petalburg woods, I'm hoping to get it with the HA. Does every pokemon have the chance at having their HA when searched with the DexNav? I've only had one Shroomish pop up with the ability notification, the rest of the time it seems to be "hidden" underneath and notification that the Shroomish is holding a mushroom of some type.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier on in the thread and I just missed it. :(

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Question on DexNav, I've been searching for a Shroomish in Petalburg woods, I'm hoping to get it with the HA. Does every pokemon have the chance at having their HA when searched with the DexNav? I've only had one Shroomish pop up with the ability notification, the rest of the time it seems to be "hidden" underneath and notification that the Shroomish is holding a mushroom of some type.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier on in the thread and I just missed it. :(
For me thus far, it's random if you get the ability info or not, but more likely the higher the search level is for that Pokemon. I've gotten Hidden abilities for say Lotad and Zigzagoon already, so should be possible for other Pokemon.

I'm wondering if you can rebattle trainers like with the Vs. Seeker or something, like in the original games. XY didn't have any sort of rematch thing and it made me sad as I was trying to catch pokemon.

The AreaNav in the PokéNav Plus comes with the Trainer's Eyes feature, and rematches regenerate quickly. The PokéNav Plus and the AreaNav app are both available at the very beginning of the game. You can also use AreaNav to Fly if you have a party member who knows it and the appropriate Gym Badge, to track the growth progress of both wild berries and ones you've replanted, and to track wild Pokémon locations with the Habitat List.

For me thus far, it's random if you get the ability info or not, but more likely the higher the search level is for that Pokemon. I've gotten Hidden abilities for say Lotad and Zigzagoon already, so should be possible for other Pokemon.
Okay, that's good to know. I've just saved and I am currently catching everyone I see, hoping once that I'll find one. I'm level 17, I think that is decent level, right? Or do you suggest higher?

Edit: NVM, found my quick feet shroomish, ability showed up on the dexnav, super proud. thanks for the reply back bobandbill!

Last edited:

momopeach

The AreaNav in the PokéNav Plus comes with the Trainer's Eyes feature, and rematches regenerate quickly. The PokéNav Plus and the AreaNav app are both available at the very beginning of the game. You can also use AreaNav to Fly if you have a party member who knows it and the appropriate Gym Badge, to track the growth progress of both wild berries and ones you've replanted, and to track wild Pokémon locations with the Habitat List.

Thanks a ton. Looking forward to that.

mbruno

I'm assuming that Cosplay Pikachu can't evolve, correct?

Also, is it possible to rematch Gym Leaders?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Also, is it possible to rematch Gym Leaders?

Of the Hoenn Gym Leaders, only Wallace can be re-battled and he uses his Emerald roster.

Question: Is Super Training still in the game?
If so, when do we have access to it?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Anyone in Safari zone yet? Where can I find Heracross? I'm sure it is available before postgame so why can't I find it?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
Can Rayquaza can be captured before challenging the Elite Four? (I saw the Legendary page in Ruby and Sapphire section that saids it requires to defeat the Elite Four, but I can't find it mentioned in the Legendary page in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire section in Rayquaza's info)

Edit: And also, I did see it saids Regigigas will apear if it had Regice with a nickname in the player's party, but what happens if Regirock and/or Registeel is given a nickname in the player's party, will that effect for Regigigas won't appear if that happens with Regirock and/or Registeel with a nickname or it doesn't effect it for Regigigas to appear? (That I wanted give a name to my Regirock and Registeel when I get Omega Ruby, but I don't want to cause Regigigas to disappear if I did that to effect it in the game.)

Last edited:

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Wait so are the Elite 4 rematches actually a thing bc I saw it in the demo data but no one is talking about it and they're not included in the guide book...

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Serbii your info about Duskull is wrong... you can catch it in AS... it is just that it is rarer and can only catch it in Mt Pyre.

Serbii your info about Duskull is wrong... you can catch it in AS... it is just that it is rarer and can only catch it in Mt Pyre.

Actually, the info does say that in Mt. Pyre interior, both Duskull and Shuppet are catchable. It's the Mt. Pyre exterior and Routes 120, 121, 122, and 123 that have them listed as version exclusives. If you'll check the Version Exclusives page, neither the Duskull nor Shuppet lines are listed.

EDIT@blob: I think the DexNav is the greatest thing about this game, it really does make XY seem outdated. I hope it makes a comeback in X2Y2/Z, if/when it comes out.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Did Serebii do anything on the In-game Trades yet?

I thought i saw something on the Makuhita trade in Rustboro, but thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.