• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukkee

Yeah, Slakoth for Makuhita is available in Rustboro, only one I've seen so far, but I'm only 2 gyms in as of yet.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Can confirm, my Poochyena knew Thunder Fang and I chose Treecko.

I don't think there's a pattern, I've encountered all three fangs on Poochyena's (as well as Play Rough on the one I ended up adding to my team), and I chose Mudkip

EDIT: Unless I'm completely confused and we're talking STRICTLY about the tutorial Poochyena

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
its good that they brought up sneaking but i find there are some disdvantages towards it

- the player shouldn't be near to a trainer who hasn't been defeated, because meeting him/her in the eye will cause the hidden pokemon to vanish
- normal encounters are still applicable during sneaking, once you trigger a normal one, the player also lose his/her chance of getting the hidden pokemon he/she desire

also is there already location stated for cresselia, i'm also wondering why it would take eternity to find one -_-

- ok i just found out there was already a location for cresselia, but the method is still unconfirmed :/ -

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
its good that they brought up sneaking but i find there are some disdvantages towards it

- the player shouldn't be near to a trainer who hasn't been defeated, because meeting him/her in the eye will cause the hidden pokemon to vanish
- normal encounters are still applicable during sneaking, once you trigger a normal one, the player also lose his/her chance of getting the hidden pokemon he/she desire

also is there already location stated for cresselia, i'm also wondering why it would take eternity to find one -_-

Couldn't we use Repels so we wouldn't run into a normal one? Makes sense that we'd be able to.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Couldn't we use Repels so we wouldn't run into a normal one? Makes sense that we'd be able to.

yeah that's the only way we can avoid normal encounter, i don't even have much repel so i wasted a lot of chance encountering those hidden ones

they should have added repel to the mart in the earlier cities -_-

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
yeah that's the only way we can avoid normal encounter, i don't even have much repel so i wasted a lot of chance encountering those hidden ones

they should have added repel to the mart in the earlier cities -_-

Ah, that sucks :(. Yea it would make sense if they would have.

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
I'm curious if maybe hidden ability rarity depends on the Pokemon? From my own experiences (Sableye, seen 2 that got away with Prankster, seen 30-50 total, search level 17 (yeah, granite cave b2f is awful to dexnav on)) and what wacoma said about Shroomish, maybe GF gave the more valuable hidden abilities a worse chance to give their hiddens, or maybe bobandbill's been lucky and the RNG hates me as it does in every game ever.

Genousity

if anyone was wondering about my game crashing I figured it out, its a bad cartridge, everything else plays fine and I got a digital Alpha sapphire.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Anyone in Safari zone yet? Where can I find Heracross? I'm sure it is available before postgame so why can't I find it?

According to Wulava in the Discovery Thread, it's found in Area 3 (from what I've read it's split into 4 different areas) and only in the really tall grass to be specific. Some of the Pokemon are only found in the normal grass or tall grass, but others can be found in both.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
...is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the DexNav backgrounds for the routes are using assets straight from the GBA games?

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
update to dexnav thoughts: finally saw a third prankster Sableye (and didn't mess up this time, in the process of catching it.) I think "not too hard to find imo" is a bit of a generous assumption on part of the discovery thread, but it's probably just RNG hating me. I honestly doubt they made HA's harder to get on some Pokemon than others but it's still a possibility until we see actual percentages, if ever.

C-Demo

Sky King
well do to me not getting any sleep i managed to beat the game in less than 12 hours lol so i can sorta help with the delta episode. first after u beat the league and fight may one more time cut scenes will happen and then u can move around. u first go to may's house and find out she got ambushed for her keystone and states they are heading to petleburg. once u get there u go to wally's house and then fight the admin chick (PS i have omega ruby) after that its basically just sending u around the map from rustboro to mossdeep but first u have to go fight that delta girl (idc about her crazy name) and she fights u with 3 mons(forgot 2 of them but mence is one of them) after that u meet with Steven again and go to meteor falls to do some dialog and u find out that the delta girl is from some dragon master race. then u chase after her to the magma/aqua base for more talking and get the camel/shark mega stone. once again steven wants to talk and then u need to go find and talk to the 8th gym leader where he tells u to meet him at the sky pillar. once u get there he will fight u with the same team from his gym iirc. After that u go in and find the delta girl she will tell u a story each time u go up a ladder until the top. at the top there is some talking and then she summons raquaza who eats the meteorite in ur bag. The delta girl tells u that u have to master it and then u can fight raquaza (it isnt in its mega form). after u catch it the game will tell u to switch out a mon to make room for it. following that delta girl fights u to see if u are worthy with a crap load of dragons(goodra,altaria,noivern,tyrantrum and mega salamence). once u beat her a cut scene will happen where u fly off on mega raquaza into space and smash the meteor where it is revealed that deoxys triange was in it. it will do some wird dance and then poof deoxys is ready to fight. after u catch/beat( i caught it) u fly down to earth and then u get the usual cutscenes and it will tell u that u have finished delta episode. if i messed up the order of some events im sorry i sorta breezed through this but hope htis helps

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sorry if somebody posted but if you talk to Mr. Stone with shiny Beldum/Metang, he'll talk about it.
I had to go box him after I returned from giving the deliveries to see what he'd say. He wouldn't stop talking about it.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
if anyone was wondering about my game crashing I figured it out, its a bad cartridge, everything else plays fine and I got a digital Alpha sapphire.

I'm glad you figured it out. If I were you, I would have demonstrated this at your local GameStop (assuming you've bought from there) and request a new one as it isn't your fault to pick the one which has the bad cartridge.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
also in the sea maville u gotta go through a bunch of doors to get to the strage room with a crap load of nuggets, icebeam and beedrillite

so we can say sea mauville is the new abandoned ship ( in the old ones), or does it still exist ?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
So, I heard some people mentioning they couldn't get a ribbon after the win a contest. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.