• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilson

Managed to activate Sinnoh starter event even though I only got Johto and Unova starters from Delta Episode and Elite four second wave. (No starters for beating the elite four the first time).

The information needs to be updated because there are numerous occurences where people do not get the Johto starters from beating the elite four the first time.

Last edited:

Elchar

I see the games have two patches. As I'll get mine game tomorrow, I have a question - do I have to download both patches or is newer one enough?

DanteKoriyu

Managed to activate Sinnoh starter event even though I only got Johto and Unova starters from Delta Episode and Elite four second wave. (No starters for beating the elite four the first time).

The information needs to be updated because there are numerous occurences where people do not get the Johto starters from beating the elite four the first time.

No, you still get everything from those said triggers. You just have to exit your house and then come back in and talk to your mother. Once you leave, it activates the Johto Starter event. If you don't do that, then everything appears to get delayed until you return home after the Delta Episode or defeating the Elite 4 again.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I see the games have two patches. As I'll get mine game tomorrow, I have a question - do I have to download both patches or is newer one enough?

Patch 1.2 includes 1.1 :)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Just finished the game (Yay). But throughout the game am I the only one who notice that Brendan/May seem to like the player?
Wasn't it that way in the originals to?..

Hell didn't the rivals like the player in every pokemon game aside from R/B/Y, G/S/C and the remakes?..
I think he means like likes (I can't believe I actually just said that), which is more of a recent trend.

InfinityRider

Pathless Plain requires at least 3 pokemon with max EVs on your team. The legendary page doesn't specify how many you need, so i thought i'd point it out here.

Neko Jin

So here I am on Route 115 to pick up the Kelpsy berries, when I find and catch this:

4gm0lJE.jpg

I don't even have my 8th badge yet. I just walked up to shaking grass and found it. Never even saw one before.

Apparently, this can happen. Any other examples?

Halkel

Experimentalist
So here I am on Route 115 to pick up the Kelpsy berries, when I find and catch this:

View attachment 13949

I don't even have my 8th badge yet. I just walked up to shaking grass and found it. Never even saw one before.

View attachment 13950

Here you go. My lv.100 Poliwrath from Unova. Btw Serebii, congrats on getting a piece of your site to cameo in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

ZMasters

The Camerupt/Sharpedo gift you get from Battle Resort both seem to have preset natures. I got a Quiet Camerupt and Adamant Sharpedo with no resets whatsoever. Either they are preset or I'm just THAT incredibly lucky.

mirarage

View attachment 13949

After beating/capturing Kyogre/Grouden, the land becomes enriched.
Many, but not all, routes pick up an additional 3 pokemon not in the hoenn dex.
Check in with prof birch in littleroot for national dex.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Wow. Congrats Serebii on getting the site's Pokearth as an easter egg in ORAS! That's really cool!

thatdude53

Wow! Congratulations Serebii! That is such a cool and unexpectedly surprising easter egg. I have been following this site since I could access the internet over a decade ago, so it's totally neat that you influenced Pokémon forever!

SoulGamer5

Isn't Iron Plate held by Steven's Beldem? The one in his house.

I can confirm this. Thank you for saving me an afternoon or two of underwater hunting.

This information should probably be put in the ORAS ItemDex, however, as it is currently missing. The Gift Pokemon section of ORAS has the Iron Plate on the Beldum listed already though.

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
What easter egg?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Congrats Serebii on the easter egg! :3

But I do have to ask...the Daily/Weekly Events page list the sayings for the Berry Master's wife, but they're too long to be entered in in the game. I tried putting in Overwhelming Latias and ran out of space! Is this an error?

Akashin

Congrats Serebii on the easter egg! :3

But I do have to ask...the Daily/Weekly Events page list the sayings for the Berry Master's wife, but they're too long to be entered in in the game. I tried putting in Overwhelming Latias and ran out of space! Is this an error?

You don't put in the whole phrase; just the word missing from the phrase.

...Or something like that. I haven't gotten around to dealing with her at all, but that's what I've read.

Mr G W

Insect power
Any idea on how to get "Prize money S" o power? Someone randomly gave it, it seems to last 10 minutes rather than the usual 3.

I have a feeling it might be illegitimate though...

Last edited:
Um, so I just made a discovery today.

Note the bolded first, unless I'm just slow on the uptake, but you don't need to beat the elite four 2 more times to get a Unova starter. I just got Oshawott.
I have no way to take a picture of this, so I know no one is going to believe me. and I'm okay with that.

Is this a glitch, or again, am I just slow at learning this?

Status
Not open for further replies.