• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurrealistSmeargle

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but when fighting Breeders, I've been recieving the 'You "Pokemon Name" gained a boosted XXX Exp!" message. It appears to be specifically for battles with that trainer class, as my pokemon had no affection levels in Pokemon Amie, had been fed no pokeblocks, has my player character as it's OT, and the message did not show up in subsequent battles with wild pokemon or other trainer classes.

Hobnbob

Is there a quick way to delete all secret bases? I also really hate the hidden items underwater, worst idea ever -.- luckily I always walk around mashing a, especially when they make an important item like the griseous orb invisible .-. anyone got any tips on breeding...? would be great, sorry if this is the wrong place but if anyone has any breeding rejects 5IV+, message me if you are willing to trade :) Also, how do you level up o powers :eek:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Is there a quick way to delete all secret bases? I also really hate the hidden items underwater, worst idea ever -.- luckily I always walk around mashing a, especially when they make an important item like the griseous orb invisible .-. anyone got any tips on breeding...? would be great, sorry if this is the wrong place but if anyone has any breeding rejects 5IV+, message me if you are willing to trade :) Also, how do you level up o powers :eek:
Serebii has an extensive section on Breeding, and all the new mechanics from X and Y are still in ORAS. And this is the wrong place for trading - there is a separate and thriving forum section for everything you could possibly want to trade. And you level up O-Powers simply by using them. They level up faster if you use them on other people.

Quincy0807

The Fire Master
I saw the new national dex page saying deoxys and Jirachi are not required for the shiny charm. Does this go for the oval charm too? if they and/or others aren't, adding that to the site would be a good idea I think. Also, the Hoenn dex page that lists locations does not show the gift beldum Steven gives you I his house.

Has the shiny chance changed? I like to EV train in hordes, and today is my second day of EV training since beating the game and breeding guys and I have found a nincada, zubat, ariados, and 2 golbat already. This seems very high to me, or am I just lucky?

Quincy0807

The Fire Master
Has the shiny chance changed? I like to EV train in hordes, and today is my second day of EV training since beating the game and breeding guys and I have found a nincada, zubat, ariados, and 2 golbat already. This seems very high to me, or am I just lucky?

I'm not sure, but either way you have a chance to get an entire shiny zubat family all at once

On a slightly related note, I think some rates on the main page are off as I've been fishing for a staryu for 45+ minutes to no avail and it should be 5% so I ought to have a dozen by now

[EDIT] Nevermind just got it after 5 more tries.

Last edited:
I've already promised one of the bats to a friend, although that though never occured to me. Also I've had no luck chain fishing yet. In Y, I managed to get a clawitzer, barboach, and poliwhirl. I've been chaining under the bridge for a feebas, and over the past few days I've reached 299 encounters, and not a single shiny yet.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I found that buying 10 of any Pokeball (including the special ones like Luxury, Dusk, and Quick) will get you a Premier ball present.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I found that buying 10 of any Pokeball (including the special ones like Luxury, Dusk, and Quick) will get you a Premier ball present.
I think it may be any quantity more than 10. I got a Premier Ball for buying 20 Dive Balls.

Akashin

I think it may be any quantity more than 10. I got a Premier Ball for buying 20 Dive Balls.

It is, and always has been. But you only get 1 Premier Ball regardless of quantity above 10, so buying in increments of 10 nets you more.

computertrash

knight of time
It is, and always has been. But you only get 1 Premier Ball regardless of quantity above 10, so buying in increments of 10 nets you more.

really? i always thought youd get 1 premier ball per 10 pokeball. hmm.

Deoxyz

Son of a Glitch
I'm not sure if the alternate/other requirements are being noted, but getting access to the sets of starters from Prof. Birch is not solely based on beating the Elite Four multiple times and the Delta Episode.

As mentioned before, I got nothing for beating the Elite Four the first time, but got the Johto starters after the Delta Episode. I have yet to beat the Elite Four again, but received the Unova starters after going to my house to receive the Latiasite from my mother. I also received the Eon Ticket before that and went to Southern Island, so I don't know if that had any factor or not.

Quincy0807

The Fire Master
I'm not sure if the alternate/other requirements are being noted, but getting access to the sets of starters from Prof. Birch is not solely based on beating the Elite Four multiple times and the Delta Episode.

As mentioned before, I got nothing for beating the Elite Four the first time, but got the Johto starters after the Delta Episode. I have yet to beat the Elite Four again, but received the Unova starters after going to my house to receive the Latiasite from my mother. I also received the Eon Ticket before that and went to Southern Island, so I don't know if that had any factor or not.

The Eon ticket doesn't have anything to do with progress in the game.

DanteKoriyu

Didn't think so. Just don't get why I appear to have randomly been given the Unova starters.

Johto starters are after defeating the Elite 4 once, but you must exit your house and then come back in and talk to your mother before it triggers.

Unova starters are after the Delta Episode in a similar manner, and Sinnoh starters are after the second Elite 4 challenge.

If you don't trigger the Johto starters after you first defeat the Elite 4, since you most likely won't visit your house again until after the Delta Episode completion returns you there, all the starter events can appear to be delayed or out of sync to you.

Last edited:

Jzny

Arcanine Master
I think the rarity of held items on wild Pokemon may have been altered a bit this game. I'm not talking about Dex Nav exclusive items, I just mean in general.

For example, I was Dex Nav chaining Venemoths looking for Silverpowder, because you can only find it on wild Pokemon this time around. According to the ItemDex they have a 50% chance of holding it. However, 50 moths later I had 15 Shed Shells and no Silverpowder.

I then went to Dex Nav chain Masquerain and got a Silverpowder within 10 of them despite the ItemDex saying that they only have a 5% chance.

So, my point isn't that the chance of held items has increased, since the Dex Nav does tend to increase the chance of held items anyway. My point is that some Pokemon, such as Venemoth, may no longer hold the same items as in X/Y.

Or maybe I was just incredibly unlucky.

Deoxyz

Son of a Glitch
Johto starters are after defeating the Elite 4 once, but you must exit your house and then come back in and talk to your mother before it triggers.

Unova starters are after the Delta Episode in a similar manner, and Sinnoh starters are after the second Elite 4 challenge.

If you don't trigger the Johto starters after you first defeat the Elite 4, since you most likely won't visit your house again until after the Delta Episode completion returns you there, all the starter events can appear to be delayed or out of sync to you.

Ah, that makes since. Thanks for the clarification.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I think the rarity of held items on wild Pokemon may have been altered a bit this game. I'm not talking about Dex Nav exclusive items, I just mean in general.

For example, I was Dex Nav chaining Venemoths looking for Silverpowder, because you can only find it on wild Pokemon this time around. According to the ItemDex they have a 50% chance of holding it. However, 50 moths later I had 15 Shed Shells and no Silverpowder.

I then went to Dex Nav chain Masquerain and got a Silverpowder within 10 of them despite the ItemDex saying that they only have a 5% chance.

So, my point isn't that the chance of held items has increased, since the Dex Nav does tend to increase the chance of held items anyway. My point is that some Pokemon, such as Venemoth, may no longer hold the same items as in X/Y.

Or maybe I was just incredibly unlucky.

My understanding is that dex nav alters completely which items pokemon hold

I think Quincy has it right, considering that Pelliper don't usually hold Lucky Eggs in the wild...

Status
Not open for further replies.