• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Quincy has it right, considering that Pelliper don't usually hold Lucky Eggs in the wild...

This. But either way even if they can still hold their usual hold items with the dexnav I imagine you would be less likely to find them considering the dexnav exclusive items would take priority. Plus chances are the dexnav isn't going to tell you if they are holding one of their usual hold items because it's something that can typically be found on the pokemon D:

Last edited:
I have found a possible Pokerus glitch in my copy of Omega Ruby and I want to know if anyone here has experienced it. First off I get the pokerus spread like usual just run from a few wild battles. And then I let the clock run passed midnight with the Pokemon not in the PC and the Pokerus goes away however there's no smiley face like XY. However this clearly can't be a change for ORAS as I have a friend who owns Alpha Sapphire and he says he gets the smiley face like normal.

Deoxyz

Son of a Glitch
The Pokearth entry for the Secret Islet states that it is accessible by diving in Route 131, when it should be Route 126.
Also, the entry for the Secret Shore states that it is accesible by diving on Route 126, when it should be Route 129.

On another note, is your Secret Base team determined by the pokemon you have in your party at the time games were synced/the QR Code was generated, or is it determined by your Battle Box?

Altissimo

I've been using Serebii's item lists on routes containing underwater portions pretty religiously, since a) I'm a perfectionist and b) I'm ultra-perfectionist regarding this specific file. Problem is, there's one item that's either a mistake or hidden exceptionally well. On route 129, two Blue Shards are listed. I found one (probably the second one on the list, given its location) but the first one lacks a specific location description. Bulbapedia doesn't list any blue shards on rote 129, but I know that's incomplete as I did find one. Is there a second Blue Shard (if so, where), or was it a repeat of the existent Blue Shard listed on route 129's page?

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
You guys need to ask questions in the help topic, this one is for discoveries.

Anyway, I thought the elite four couldn't mega evolve their pokemon, but they can, at least after the first time you defeat them. I saw someone say they couldn't so just here to confirm it.

NeoPhantos

Question:

What happened to Phoebes grandma?!

If you go to Mt Pyre postgame, you'll see Phoebe talking with a ghost (or herself since you can't see the ghost). Then she says her Grandma was talking about you. After this, I explored all of Mt Pyre and cannot find that old lady!!!!

What if... What if the ghost child that appears in Phoebes room when you first challenge her is her Grandma paying her a visit since she had just died?

The old man's still there, just repeating his story like a broken record... Mua! I'm getting sad...

Ps- don't know if its been said, but talking to Lannette, the PC girl, again will let you put the Organize Boxes options of the PC at the top of the list. Normally the options are Deposit, Withdraw, Box, Item. But after the change it becomes: Box, Deposit, Withdraw, Item.

Pss- remember that Taillow that was on the tower on the roof of Mauville City? Yeah, Wynnona took his place quite strangely... Talk to the old lady looking up in order to see her!

Last edited:

MrStark

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but there is a kecleon in the Lilycove Motel infront of the owner on the first floor.

Aielyn

Has anybody done any testing to see if genderless pokemon can get alternate moves via the Dexnav? Other pokemon get their egg moves, but genderless pokemon don't have egg moves.

Also, same question for the few other pokemon without egg moves, like Magikarp, Kakuna, Tynamo, Kricketune, Wobbuffet, etc.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Has anybody done any testing to see if genderless pokemon can get alternate moves via the Dexnav? Other pokemon get their egg moves, but genderless pokemon don't have egg moves.

Also, same question for the few other pokemon without egg moves, like Magikarp, Kakuna, Tynamo, Kricketune, Wobbuffet, etc.
Magikarp is not available with the DexNav as it only appears when you fish, not Surf. At least, I have never been able to fish in a DexNav spot before it's moved, I guess it might be possible. As for the others, I know Wurmple gets no special moves from the DexNav because it has no egg moves, so I would assume the rest would follow the same logic.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Magikarp is not available with the DexNav as it only appears when you fish, not Surf. At least, I have never been able to fish in a DexNav spot before it's moved, I guess it might be possible. As for the others, I know Wurmple gets no special moves from the DexNav because it has no egg moves, so I would assume the rest would follow the same logic.

It is actually possible to get Pokemon only available through fishing with the DexNav. All you have to do is select it on the DexNav and hit search. I managed to find a HA Carvahna this way. As for Magikarp, those appear on their own when you Surf in Sootopolis City.

Akashin

Once you have caught a Pokemon, you can search for it using the DexNav by tapping on their sprite regardless of the way it was caught. This allows you to chain Pokemon otherwise available only through fishing.

Aielyn

Once you have caught a Pokemon, you can search for it using the DexNav by tapping on their sprite regardless of the way it was caught. This allows you to chain Pokemon otherwise available only through fishing.
The exception to that is Rock Smash pokemon.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
It is actually possible to get Pokemon only available through fishing with the DexNav. All you have to do is select it on the DexNav and hit search. I managed to find a HA Carvahna this way. As for Magikarp, those appear on their own when you Surf in Sootopolis City.
Ah, my mistake. Regardless, the point that Pokemon with no egg moves get no DexNav moves still stands.

The exception to that is Rock Smash pokemon.
Well, Rock Smash Pokemon don't even appear on the DexNav. Geodude is searchable on the ground floor of Granite Cave because it has a small chance of appearing normally, but I don't think Nosepass is searchable at all.

Last edited:
So, this has been on and off bugging me since I discovered it a few weeks ago.

What was it that had to be done to get a Unova starter?
I don't remember doing anything special beforehand....

shibato

Deoxys again?

Anyone else find the second Deoxys battle? I knocked it out during the Delta Episode and it shows up at the Sky Pillar. Anyone catch it during Delta Episode and head back to Sky Pillar to see if its there? Or anyone have any info such as if it can be caught shiny at Sky Pillar?

Deoxyz

Son of a Glitch
Anyone else find the second Deoxys battle? I knocked it out during the Delta Episode and it shows up at the Sky Pillar. Anyone catch it during Delta Episode and head back to Sky Pillar to see if its there? Or anyone have any info such as if it can be caught shiny at Sky Pillar?

The rebattle on Sky Pillar has been known since release.
No, its not on Sky Pillar if you caught it in space.
Deoxys has been safely assumed to be shiny locked, since no one has been able to get it shiny, along with Groudon/Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

Aielyn

For those who don't know or haven't thought about it, I just thought I'd note that Secret Pals can be swapped in and out, and limits to use of their skills isn't by slot, but by specific Pal. So you can go one at a time to each base, make the person a Pal, go to your base to use their skill, and then ask them to leave again. And then go to the next base and repeat. Makes getting the special Berries much easier, at least.

And as a bonus, you also get extra flags from them along the way, if they have collected a heap of flags themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.