• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm so glad that the Charizardite Y and Heatran are apparently found at the Scorched Slab now; at least that place has a better use now than simply being the Sunny Day TM's location. :p

BCVM22

Is there a thread for spoilers? Because

The reveal that Ruby and Sapphire take place in an alternate universe to ORAS is pretty mindblowing, and completely changes the Pokemon timeline.

FRLG/RSE ---> DPPt/HGSS ---> BW -- > BW2

Presumably BW2 is the end of the first timeline unless Gamefreak wants to go back to the universe without Mega Evolution. And the new timeline is currently...

ORAS ---> XY

This opens the door for completely new experiences, characters, and characterization of old characters going forward, and it explains a lot of abnormalities like Mewtwo in XY.

I have to know more about this.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

The reveal that Ruby and Sapphire take place in an alternate universe to ORAS is pretty mindblowing, and completely changes the Pokemon timeline.

Presumably BW2 is the end of the first timeline unless Gamefreak wants to go back to the universe without Mega Evolution. And the new timeline is currently...

ORAS ---> XY

This opens the door for completely new experiences, characters, and characterization of old characters going forward, and it explains a lot of abnormalities like Mewtwo in XY.

That's the way that I've been thinking of it for a while now on my own, but in what way is that brought up in the game itself?

Last edited:

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian

ORAS ---> XY

Um...what? You wanna run that by us again? Who revealed that, exactly? And how?

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Serebii, have you encounter the Regis yet? Or have you found any info in-game or otherwise about where and when they might be?

The Regi situation remains unchanged from Gen 3, I believe. The only thing that we haven't received confirmation on, as far as I know, is when and where we obtain Regigigas, but I'm going to assume that we won't unlock the 4th Regi until we capture/see the other three.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So am I right in assuming that we can only get one of each Johto/Sinnoh/Unova starter and that we can't just go through the E4 again to get them all?

What I don't understand is if all these Mega Stones are postgame exclusive(probably) and if they can only be obtained at a certain time of day like in X and Y?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Serebii said:
Gyaradosite is in the Poochyena's mouth in the Fishing Shack in Route 123, found by interacting with it
Poochyena showing Mega Gyarados what Crunch looks like because apparently he's never heard of it.

Photonkrios95

What I don't understand is if all these Mega Stones are postgame exclusive(probably) and if they can only be obtained at a certain time of day like in X and Y?

Not all of them. Many have been found during the story. The ones that I seems to remember are;

- Alakazam
- Mawile
- Sabeleye
- Starter Stone
- Version Eon Stone
- Manetric
- Mewtwo Y?
- kanghekhan
- Absol
- Heracross
- Pinsir

The ones that are confirmed Post Game only (as far as I'm aware)
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Audino
- Metagross (of not received by event)

And, based on the various leakers images, there isn't an obvious day time restriction on the stones. Or rather non that I have noticed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Not all of them. Many have been found during the story. The ones that I seems to remember are;

- Alakazam
- Mawile
- Sabeleye
- Starter Stone
- Version Eon Stone
- Manetric
- Mewtwo Y?
- kanghekhan
- Absol
- Heracross
- Pinsir

The ones that are confirmed Post Game only (as far as I'm aware)
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Audino
- Metagross (of not received by event)

And, based on the various leakers images, there isn't an obvious day time restriction on the stones. Or rather non that I have noticed.
Salamence would be post-game too sinceyou get it from Zinnia's grandmother

So which list would Beedrill, Gallade, Slowbro, Pidgeot, Lopunny, & Abomasnow be listed?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So am I right in assuming that we can only get one of each Johto/Sinnoh/Unova starter and that we can't just go through the E4 again to get them all?

I'm pretty sure we can only get one Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Starter from Birch.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

ORAS ---> XY

I'm going to need a source on that as Serebii said in the discovery thread that

the Royal Unova's model is shown in the shipyard and the ship is stated to be under construction for a certain amount of years.

Last edited:

citronella

Is it true the National Dex is available at the second gym?
And as you are already playing, maybe you know if it is possible to just normal trade between XY and ORAS before getting the National Dex (so not transfer with Pokébank)?
I really appreciate if you could answer these questions, I really want to know it!

DanteKoriyu

I'm going to need a source on that as Serebii said in the discovery thread that

the Royal Unova's model is shown in the shipyard and the ship is stated to be under construction for a certain amount of years.

That was said, but...

the regions and general things can still exist in the new timeline, though that doesn't mean those game's plots are in the XY and ORAS timeline as is.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That was said, but...

the regions and general things can still exist in the new timeline, though that doesn't mean those game's plots are in the XY and ORAS timeline as is.

Maybe so, but I still need a source before I believe that considering we have been dealing with a lot of misinformation such as the whole "Deoxys can't be caught" thing.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
That was said, but...

Where are people hearing this?

More megastones found since my last post on this thread.

Unknown
Metagross (unless event only)
Blastoise
Gengar
Heracross
Garchomp
Lucario

Found
Charizard Y- scorched slab
Gyarados- route 123 fishing shack in poocheyenas mouth
Abomasite- route 123 berry garden
Altaria- show an altaria to a person in lilycove
Pinsir- route 124 on a small island- dive required
Glalitite- bottom of shoal cave
Slowbronite- shoal bell guy in shoal cave

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
More megastones found since my last post on this thread.

Unknown
Metagross (unless event only)
Blastoise
Gengar
Heracross
Garchomp
Lucario

Found
Charizard Y- scorched slab
Gyarados- route 123 fishing shack in poocheyenas mouth
Abomasite- route 123 berry garden
Altaria- show an altaria to a person in lilycove
Pinsir- route 124 on a small island- dive required
Glalitite- bottom of shoal cave
Slowbronite- shoal bell guy in shoal cave

I saw someone on a livestream get the Metagrossite from
Steven after beating his rematch team.

leoaugusti

Grass Trainer
- Scizorite: Petalburg Woods, cut the bush to the east
- Beedrillite: Storage room in Sea Mauville
- Alakazite: Slateport Market
- Steelixite: Granite Cave
- Manectrite: Cycling Road
- Banettite: Mt. Pyre, lowest floor
- Absolite: Safari Zone
- Ampharosite: New Mauville
- Kangaskhanite: Next to Pacifidlog Town Pokémon Center
- Lopunnite: Given to you by a man living in Mauville Hills, an apartment complex in Mauville City
- Gardevoirite: Wanda from Verdanturf Town
- Tyranitarite: Mt. Chimney
- Cameruptite (OR) or Sharpedoite (AS): Given to you by Maxie (OR) or Archie (AS) during Episode Delta.
- Camerupite (AS) or Sharpedoite (OR): Given to you by non-enemy team once you enter Battle Resort.
- Audinite: Looker gives it to you
- Charizardite X: Fiery Path
- Mawilite: Verdanturf Town
- Sableite: Sootopolis City
- Latiosite or Latiasite: Lati@s has it
- Mewtwonite Y: Pokémon League
- Mewtwonite X: Professor Birch's lab, after beating the story
- Aggronite: Rusturf Tunnel
- Galladite: Given to you by Professor Cosmo in Fallarbor Town
- Glalite: Icy section of Shoal Cave
- Metagrossite: Given to you by Steven after beating his rematch team.
- Salamencite: Given to you by Zinnia's grandmother in Meteor Falls after beating Episode Delta.
- Mega Stone of Starter You Picked: Steven on Route 120
- Other Two Mega Stones: Stone Salesperson on Route 114, each costs 150,000 PokeDollars initially.
- Venusaurite: Route 119
- Gengarite: House in Battle Resort with Poke Balls
- Medichamite: Inside Mt. Pyre main building
- Slowbroite: Create a Shell Bell and give it to an older man on Route 125
- Houndoomite: Lavaridge Town hot springs
- Aerodactylite: Meteor Falls back room
- Abomasite: Route 123, outside
- Pinsirite: Route 124
- Heracrossite: Route 127
- Charizardite Y: Route 120 (Scorched Slab)
- Pidgeotite: Find the Intriguing Stone in Verdanturf Town, and show it to President Stone
- Gyaradosite: Route 123, go inside fishing house and talk to fisherman and Poochyena
- Latiosite (AS) or Latiasite (OR): Talk to your mom after beating Episode Delta
- Altarite: Lilycove City, show a man outside an Altaria
- Blastoisite: S.S. Tidal

From Ampharos King in Bulbapedia.

I think the only ones missing is Garchompite and Lucarionite...

Photonkrios95

I wonder if getting the 2nd Eon stone from 'Mom' means that the Eon Ticket event doesn't come with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.