• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Are there still old ladies in the Laveridge bath? Lol
Not serious just curious.

I believe they are now absent, unfortunately.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Is there a thread for spoilers? Because

The reveal that Ruby and Sapphire take place in an alternate universe to ORAS is pretty mindblowing, and completely changes the Pokemon timeline.

FRLG/RSE ---> DPPt/HGSS ---> BW -- > BW2

Presumably BW2 is the end of the first timeline unless Gamefreak wants to go back to the universe without Mega Evolution. And the new timeline is currently...

ORAS ---> XY

This opens the door for completely new experiences, characters, and characterization of old characters going forward, and it explains a lot of abnormalities like Mewtwo in XY.

Silktree posted this over at Bulbapedia, but is this what you're talking about?

Zinnia says that there is another universe where Mega Evolution is unknown as AZ's war never happened in it. This is obviously a reference to the universe of the first five generations (although it could be argued that they further divide into more universes, which was made explicit in the Unova games).

Steven and the Space Center professor attempt to warp the meteoroid to "another place" (which they don't seem to know anything about), but Zinnia prevents that from happening (by destroying the dimensional shifter) as she conjectures that said place is none other than the parallel universe. In the Hoenn of that universe, people may not have the technology to deal with a meteoroid, so Zinnia resolves to use Rayquaza's power to destroy the meteoroid altogether.

Toward the end of the episode, Zinnia recalls her past with someone (a she) called Aster that has passed away. She makes a cryptic remark that she wants to reunite with that Aster (not the namesake Whismur): "I'll spend some time now to figure out if it's also possible to forge a new beginning for something once lost." This begs the question if the reason Zinnia was so protective of the other universe is that she wants to be with Aster's other version.

If it is, then that's an interesting development.

Navarch

Zinnia says that there is another universe where Mega Evolution is unknown as AZ's war never happened in it. This is obviously a reference to the universe of the first five generations (although it could be argued that they further divide into more universes, which was made explicit in the Unova games).

Steven and the Space Center professor attempt to warp the meteoroid to "another place" (which they don't seem to know anything about), but Zinnia prevents that from happening (by destroying the dimensional shifter) as she conjectures that said place is none other than the parallel universe. In the Hoenn of that universe, people may not have the technology to deal with a meteoroid, so Zinnia resolves to use Rayquaza's power to destroy the meteoroid altogether.

Toward the end of the episode, Zinnia recalls her past with someone (a she) called Aster that has passed away. She makes a cryptic remark that she wants to reunite with that Aster (not the namesake Whismur): "I'll spend some time now to figure out if it's also possible to forge a new beginning for something once lost." This begs the question if the reason Zinnia was so protective of the other universe is that she wants to be with Aster's other version.

Wow. This is some really deep stuff. But the whole concept is a wee bit confusing.

Janovy

Banned
Soo..RS is an AU of ORAS and vice versa?

Or is it referring to the first give gens together?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I wanted to see if any Emerald characters like Juan appeared in Omega Ruby or/and Alpha Sapphire (if like Juan appeared as a Gym Leader version exclusive similar to Drayden and Iris in Black and White or he appears in other roles or not) and also, like to see if any non Hoenn characters that appeared in Omega Ruby or/and Alpha Sapphire similar like Steven and Cynthia appeared in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

EDIT: I almost forgot, doesn't any of the missions from the demo appeared in the full game?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So OR/AS's Hoenn is in a different dimension than R/S/E's Hoenn then? That's both bizarre and fascinating; Delta Episode's plot seems more complicated than I thought.

Hudsonn98

Kalos Starter's exclusive moves are no longer exclusive: Mismagius gets Mystical Fire, Maractus gets Spiky Shield and Accelgor gets Water Shuriken. Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd point out.

BCVM22

Wow. This is some really deep stuff. But the whole concept is a wee bit confusing.

Soo..RS is an AU of ORAS and vice versa?

Or is it referring to the first give gens together?

So OR/AS's Hoenn is in a different dimension than R/S/E's Hoenn then? That's both bizarre and fascinating; Delta Episode's plot seems more complicated than I thought.

Here's an exact text capture of the meaty stuff. You can draw your own conclusions.

http://t.co/0cnTgDrbAz

I don't think it's quite as literal and earth-shattering as people are taking it, but it's still interesting and raises numerous questions just the same.

Fexus

explrsqe
Kalos Starter's exclusive moves are no longer exclusive: Mismagius gets Mystical Fire, Maractus gets Spiky Shield and Accelgor gets Water Shuriken. Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd point out.

Cacturne gets Spiky Shield as well, also being an anthropomorphic cactus and all.

Kangaflora

Yes, Shoal Cave and Petalburg Woods are those places. Haven't tested New Mauville yet

At least we now know how to evolve Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon respectively. Would like to know how you evolve Magneton and Nosepass into Magnezone and Probopass respectively, though. And does Wurmple's evolution depend on it's EV level, or does this depend on time of day?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
At least we now know how to evolve Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon respectively. Would like to know how you evolve Magneton and Nosepass into Magnezone and Probopass respectively, though. And does Wurmple's evolution depend on it's EV level, or does this depend on time of day?

Wurmple's evo has always depended on personality value, hasn't it?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Something to do with its personality value. It's not changeable- when you hatch or encounter the Wurmple, the game's already determined which way it's gonna evolve.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
That's great to hear. ORAS already seems to have more to do post game than XY did for me.

XY barely passed in the post-game department. We had a subpar story, Mega Stone hunting and the Kanto Legendary hunt. ORAS has like twenty times that to be honest.

Autobot N

XY barely passed in the post-game department. We had a subpar story, Mega Stone hunting and the Kanto Legendary hunt. ORAS has like twenty times that to be honest.

Literally. XY had 4 legends (obtainable in a single game). ORAS has like 25,000 or something like that.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer

wait... so is AZ's war kinda like Link and Gandondof's battle in Ocarina of time? You know have several splint time line due to that event.

Accelgor gets Water Shuriken

still a useless move... eveyone knows that Accelgor is a speedy special attacker and Water Shuriken is a physical move...

Last edited:
Not completely sure how I feel about ORAS and RSE seemingly being two different parallel universes that split depending on the actions 3000 years ago. I don't think ORAS overriding RSE would have caused more problems than alternative timelines. It just seems a bit too weird, even in-universe.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Not completely sure how I feel about ORAS and RSE seemingly being two different parallel universes that split depending on the actions 3000 years ago. I don't think ORAS overriding RSE would have caused more problems than alternative timelines. It just seems a bit too weird, even in-universe.
I guess the goose the loose then?

Assuming it is, I believe that this is a nod to the old R/S/E. The reason for this is, I believe, would be that unlike R/G/B/Y and G/S/C, the R/S/E games can have Pokemon transported over all the way to the games at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.