• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
So, what I'm gathering from this is that for version mascots, you'll receive the respective item (lustrous/adamant orbs, etc.), and when soaring at a predetermined location, a mirage spot will appear.

DanteKoriyu

So, what I'm gathering from this is that for version mascots, you'll receive the respective item (lustrous/adamant orbs, etc.), and when soaring at a predetermined location, a mirage spot will appear.

Serebii found Reshiram without an item (mainly because he IS his item). So, with the ones that have them, I guess that's how it works; you can't find their portal until you have the item.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Serebii found Reshiram without an item (mainly because he IS his item). So, with the ones that have them, I guess that's how it works; you can't find their portal until you have the item.

Well, that's good. At least the legendary hunt isn't as simple as just soaring around Hoenn hoping to find a spot. It's more of a side-quest culminating in the battle. I'm just wondering, now, if the legends can be rebattled in case of fainting and whatnot.

Ѕhiny Missingno

So, apparently Blaziken can't learn Ice Punch. I was wondering if maybe Combusken could learn it if you delayed evolution. Anyone want to test this?

Creyk

What is the ribbon shop?
What can you buy there?
Does someone know?

Edit: Answered

Last edited:

momopeach

A little bit disappointed about the move tutors only because (Spoilers don't seem to be working for me, so sorry about that)

I wish some of them at least were available pre postgame. I wanted to teach my mons some moves like the punches and giga drain. But i guess it's okay.

Two more things I'm curious about.

1. When you rebattle the E4, are they the same level or higher with different pokemon?

2. Curious when you can get Gallade's mega stone.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm glad that the tutor moves don't cost a lot of BP. In Emerald they were really expensive. Looks like I'm going to be doing Triples (the only Battle Maison challenge I was any good at) a lot to get all the moves I want as well as items and TMs (if you need to purchase any).

HouseMD

I just realized when watching Omega Ruby stream on twitch. Zinnia lives on Kami's Lookout. And there's an island with the Kame house in game...

Pokemon world will become the dragon ball world?!

R_N

A little bit disappointed about the move tutors only because (Spoilers don't seem to be working for me, so sorry about that)

I wish some of them at least were available pre postgame. I wanted to teach my mons some moves like the punches and giga drain. But i guess it's okay.

Two more things I'm curious about.

1. When you rebattle the E4, are they the same level or higher with different pokemon?

2. Curious when you can get Gallade's mega stone.

the e4 & steven get updated rosters and level boosts to the 70s

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It would be great to know which mega stones are available pre-E4 and post-game.

Rhonder

So the only thing I really wanted to look into before playing/spoil for myself before I got the game was about the Battle Frontier. Man that's a MAJOR disappointment that it's not there. I'm soooooo sick of the Battle Maison. At least wish they would have given us the PWT again or something. Or better yet, a Battle Maison-esque facility where you can at least have 6v6 battles outside of triples. I really hope that the Frontier ends up coming in as DLC like people have been speculating, that's like the main thing I was looking forward to in these games .-. Not gonna get my hopes up though I guess...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Just got finished catching up on the Discovery thread and I'm looking forward to playing a lot more now, sound like there's a lot of neat little additions and improvements to look forward to.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
So are we certain there are no Mega-evos left to be discovered? Even if we weren't already the chances are looking slim with all the pre-revealed ones' stones being found and not a single new one. Ah well, there are certainly some cool new ones.

DasManiac

Serebii said he has a Breloom from Ruby. What does the location message say for it? It's coming all the way back to Hoenn somehow.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Just got finished catching up on the Discovery thread and I'm looking forward to playing a lot more now, sound like there's a lot of neat little additions and improvements to look forward to.

But Hydrohs, there's no BATTLE FRONTIER!!!! :(((((((

Seriously though, I'm making a habit of not listening to the music that wasn't in videos/demos until I pick up the game myself, but I'm definitely looking forward to actually playing the game more with every passing minute. The BP exchange rate for tutors is literally the greatest thing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But Hydrohs, there's no BATTLE FRONTIER!!!! :(((((((

Not right now anyway... ~3spoopy5me~

Seriously though, I'm making a habit of not listening to the music that wasn't in videos/demos until I pick up the game myself, but I'm definitely looking forward to actually playing the game more with every passing minute. The BP exchange rate for tutors is literally the greatest thing.

Yeah I've only heard the short music comparisons from the official YouTube Channel, and I haven't played the demo at all so I'm really looking forward to that.

Photonkrios95

My guess is that once we receive the mega bangle, we can start looking for the stones. Has this been confirmed yet?

Alakazite, Manectric and Mawilite were all found upon the first visit to their locations, sometime before we got the Bangle, iirc, and they were ground ones and not gift ones.

MEga stone locations

Slateport market- alakazamite
Bike Path-manectite
Verdanturf Town- mawilite
Rustturf tunnel- aggronite
SOuthern island(after 5th gym before 6th)-latiasite (AS) oar latiosite (OR)
Southern island (after latias/ latios capture)- mega bracelet
After getting devon scope-Swampertite/Blazikenite/Sceptilite
Any pokecenter (transfer diancie)- diancite
safari zone- absolite
mt pyre interior- medichamite
mt pyre summit- bannettite
sootopolis city- sablenite
Pacifidlog town(next to Pokecenter)- khangaskhanite
Pokemon league (next to)- mewtwo Y

Found in Post game or unsure if found during game

next to birch's lab- mewtwo X
Granite Cave- Steelixite
Delta episode- cameruptite/ sharpedoite from team leader
no megastone for rayquaza, can mega evolve without one, can still hold an item
battle resort- other team gives you sharpedoite/ cameruptite
From looker- audinite
Sea Mauville- Beedrillite
Scizorite-petalburg woods
Ampharosite- new mauville
Lopunnite- mauville hills apartments from man
Gardevorite- Wanda verdanturf
Galladite- prof cosmo
Hoenn starters- route 114 salesman
Meteor falls- salamencite from zinnias gramma
Aerodactylite- meteor falls back room
Intriguing stone- from girl in verdanturf after finding her pokemon behind sign.
Pidgeotite- show mr stone intriguing stone
Charizard X- fiery path
Hoondoomite- lava ridge
tyranitarite- jagged pass
Venusaur- tall grass route 119

Unfound as of yet

slowbro
altaria
glalie
metagross (unless event only)
charizard y
blastoise