• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Alakazite, Manectric and Mawilite were all found upon the first visit to their locations, sometime before we got the Bangle, iirc, and they were ground ones and not gift ones.

I mean, I have no problem with finding mega stones ASAP. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is that, in theory, you can find one of Mewtwo's stones before you even get your starter. Unless the Mewtwo stone is only available post-game, but that's not the case, is it?

Navarch

I mean, I have no problem with finding mega stones ASAP. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is that, in theory, you can find one of Mewtwo's stones before you even get your starter. Unless the Mewtwo stone is only available post-game, but that's not the case, is it?

I think Hoenn Dex Mega Evolutions can only be found during the story or until you get the Mega Bracelet or until you get the National Dex.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I think Hoenn Dex Mega Evolutions can only be found during the story or until you get the Mega Bracelet or until you get the National Dex.

That's makes a world of sense, considering that Serebii is doing the stone hunt post-E4. Now, can we transfer from bank pre-e4, or are we going to have to trade from XY until we can utilize bank?

Photonkrios95

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
So...haven't posted here since shortly after X and Y came out XD

To repeat the views of others, I'm also massively disappointed about the lack of Battle Frontier. To this day it's my favourite single aspect of any Pokémon game. I'll definitely only get one unless it turns out to be DLC as many seem to hope.

Regarding Mega Stones, knowing where you get them is cool and all, but I just want to know when you get them...disappointed about Sharpedo, now I just want to know if Lopunny will have a place on my in-game team or not.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Question: Can the Light Ball be obtained regularly in ORAS?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad that there's been more clarification about Latios/Latias joining our team after beating Norman; I was worried that I'd have to catch them. Anyway, I'm so hyped for the Sinnoh Starters.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know if the rumor about getting the National Pokédex after the Dewford gym is true or not?

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Any word on which Mirage Spot Legendaries are version exclusives?

Answer here, courtesy of iDigitalTimes:

idigitaltimes.com said:
legendaryexclusive.jpg

According to this screenshot of the Pokemon Get TV variety hour, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will have varying Legendary Pokemon available. In Omega Ruby, it looks as if Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Groudon, Reshiram and Dialga will be catchable. Alpha Sapphire will have Xerneas, Kyogre, Zekrom, Palkia and Lugia.

What's very interesting is that it seems Mewtwo will be available in both versions -- possibly with a different Mega Stone for each. ...

retrieved from this url: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokemo...nd-other-legendary-mons-be-version-exclusives

AquaBat

Connoisseur of Cool
Can we get a little more confirmation regarding Blaziken and the punching moves? Can it only not learn Ice Punch or are all three not teachable? Did you go to the Move Relearner to see if they were Lvl 1 moves? And what of the moves claimed to be learned by the other starters?

BCVM22

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Can we get a little more confirmation regarding Blaziken and the punching moves? Can it only not learn Ice Punch or are all three not teachable? Did you go to the Move Relearner to see if they were Lvl 1 moves? And what of the moves claimed to be learned by the other starters?

Oh, just remembered something. Official site said that Blaziken could learn Ice Punch. I checked with my Blaziken and it wouldn't learn it from the Tutor. The mystery deepens.

The other moves shouldn't be an issue I think, those are all moves they've been know to get in previous games. Fire Punch has always been a level 1 move for Blaziken and it's always had Thunder Punch as a tutor.

MrNewblez

Serebii, have you encounter the Regis yet? Or have you found any info in-game or otherwise about where and when they might be?

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
Interesting that Deoxys seems to have been demoted from event-only status, I guess it is needed for national dex completion now?

I was thinking before that with the sheer amount of event only pokemon whether or not they would start demoting some, and looks like they have.

ForeverFlame

Is there a thread for spoilers? Because

The reveal that Ruby and Sapphire take place in an alternate universe to ORAS is pretty mindblowing, and completely changes the Pokemon timeline.

FRLG/RSE ---> DPPt/HGSS ---> BW -- > BW2

Presumably BW2 is the end of the first timeline unless Gamefreak wants to go back to the universe without Mega Evolution. And the new timeline is currently...

ORAS ---> XY

This opens the door for completely new experiences, characters, and characterization of old characters going forward, and it explains a lot of abnormalities like Mewtwo in XY.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Unfound as of yet

slowbro
glalie
charizard y
gengar
pinsir
gyarados
heracross

All of them have been found in-game. You may check here for more information.

Heracronite and Pinsirite are found in an island. You need to reach via dive.
Gengarite is found at a house in Battle Resort.
Gyaradosite is found at a fishing house at Route 123, if I'm not mistaken.
Charizardite Y is found at Scorched Slab.
Glalitite is found at Shoal Cave.
Finally, Slowbronite is found at a small-island like land piece, if I'm not mistaken.

Photonkrios95

Does anyone know if the rumor about getting the National Pokédex after the Dewford gym is true or not?

I dont know about the National Dex, but one of the streams received the Charm for completing the Regional Dex very early.

Status
Not open for further replies.