• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navarch

Not completely sure how I feel about ORAS and RSE seemingly being two different parallel universes that split depending on the actions 3000 years ago. I don't think ORAS overriding RSE would have caused more problems than alternative timelines. It just seems a bit too weird, even in-universe.

I'm kinda hoping it's just some kind of metaphor or something; it raises so many unanswered questions and ruins some canon things I think...not completely sure...

Janovy

Banned
I like that they chose the split the timelines.

Makes sense IMO and now all the games are technically canon with the official confirmation.

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
So, are the trios starter exclusive or can you catch all of the? I know Joe ran into Mesprit and Terrakion already and he had a Sceptile...just like the Ptkin streamer who ran into Mesprit who also had a Sceptile.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
An interesting note that after you obtain the Pokedex, you get a chance to catch a Poochyena with one of the elemental fangs to introduce you to the sneaking mechanic. The "fang" move it gets appears to be based on your starter. (It had Thunder Fang when I chose Treecko and Fire Fang when I chose Mudkip.) It can be assumed that choosing Torchic will cause the Poochyena to have Ice Fang.

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Serbii... where the heck is evolution stone? I need a dawn stone to evolve my male Kalia... or is it same situation as in HG/SS where "new" stone evolutions are not available until post-game.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
So wait, does this new development mean:

Mega Universe: ORAS - XY

Normal Universe: FRLG/RSE - HGSS/DPPt - B/W - B2/W2

or

Mega Universe: FRLG/ORAS - HGSS/DPPt - B/W - B2/W2 - XY

Normal Universe: FRLG/RSE - HGSS/DPPt - B/W - B2/W2

or something completely different? This is way too confusing, they should have just fixed these lore holes in-universe instead of screwing around in confusing ways like this.

EDIT: For now I'm going to have my headcanon for the 'Main' universe as FRLG/ORAS - HGSS/DPPt - BW - B2W2 - XY, with Mega Evolution just not being as well known in other regions besides Kalos and Hoenn.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Mega Universe is only XY and ORAS so far.

Everything else is the other one.

Serbii... where the heck is evolution stone? I need a dawn stone to evolve my male Kalia... or is it same situation as in HG/SS where "new" stone evolutions are not available until post-game.
I don't know about overworld locations, but unless they have changed the prizes you can still get them pre-league through Super Training.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
Mega Universe is only XY and ORAS so far.

Everything else is the other one.
Well, I hope they remake FR/LG and HG/SS then. I think for future remakes they'll do FR/LG for the 20th anniversary, then Sinnoh, then Johto, then moving on to Unova. Remakes could potentially stop there, since then we'll have all the gens in 3D and in the Mega universe.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Serebii said:
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalph...etchange.shtml This may be of use to some of you.
o_O Oh wow, Poochyena really did teach Mega Gyarados Crunch.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Can someone tell me if we can catch a Speed Boost Carvanha ?

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
LOL Did Game Freak just pulled an Interstellar on us?

What about their Mega Stone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Other interesting movepool revelations: Ralts gets Disarming Voice and Draining Kiss, so it can actually make use of its Fairy typing before Moonblast, woo!

Plus, Beautifly in ORAS go full Rage-mode at level 37... unless that's a typo for Rage Powder. ;)

This just in, Slaking dons his dragon-slaying armour with his new access to Play Rough.

And, no... it can't be... the Aron line actually learn Rock-type moves now?!

Flygon trades in a mega stone for access to Boomburst, forgetting his base 80 Sp. Attack makes it pretty much useless.

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am curious about the starters we recive. Do we know if the Johto and Unova Starters can have their HA's or are those still unreleased. I heard somewhere they can but Serebii says his didn't.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
out of curiosity, did the Game Corner in Mauville City get replaced? and if yes, what did it get replaced with?

Oshawotter

I'm very disappointed that there aren't any new megas outside of what we've been shown through corocoro. No Mega Flygon and Mega Luxray ;A;

out of curiosity, did the Game Corner in Mauville City get replaced? and if yes, what did it get replaced with?
It's still there.
But it's closed.
Here is the poster on the door: "Thank you for your support over the years. Good Game!" Mauville Game Corner Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.