• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, any legendary shown in a later game should show that the legendary was never caught like you did in the previous game.

That of course depends on whether they truly intend for us to get the idea that there is only one member of that species of Pokémon. For some legendary Pokémon, that is clearly a more likely hypothesis than for other legendary Pokémon. But the point still stands that it may not always be particularly likely, and in a few cases may be a bit unlikely.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't think my point came across well enough.

There is not a single Pokemon game that perfectly matches the Canon.

Say you played as a female Pokemon trainer in Leaf Green. That couldn't have happened, because you clearly fight the male leader in Soul Silver.
Say you played Diamond and met Giratina post-game. That couldn't have happened because Cynthia mentions the Platinum event in Unova.

Of course, any legendary shown in a later game should show that the legendary was never caught like you did in the previous game.

See what I saying here. The games may have not happened the way they were thought of, but that was never the case in the actual games. I don't see any proof that the major events in Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova did not happen.

Ah, I see what you mean now.

Well in this case, that would mean that we now have two separate, what I like to call, "third person" continuities. The versions of events that are free from your influence; when you cut the RPG out of the story. HGSS is probably the best example... even though you could play FRLG as Leaf, we know from HGSS that Red was the canonical protagonist of the Kanto games. So your personalized experience is more just for your own benefit, while the story exists independently of it.

Personally, I love this development, because I totally called XY being a reboot a few months ago I've always been fascinated by the potential for a multiverse in the games. Simply having so many dual "versions" naturally implies the possibility, and I've always wondered if they would ever explore it. BW did, to an extent, but they seem to have fleshed it out a bit more here and I really enjoy that.

.Aerodactyl.

Zinnia reveals the multiverse plot twist here (major spoilers).

It's really just an excuse to retcon Mega Evolution into the Pokemon universe.

^ This right here pretty much just sums it right up!!! I actually think its a brilliant idea. It doesn't mess with the basic plots TOO much, allowing for a "mini" reboot without risking fans flipping a lid because they made Blue into a ditzy girl, conpletely remkved rhr type system or stuff like that.

Don't think too hard about it guys, the changes they are making are minimal and I'd say most of the canon still stands. Its just adding mega evolution, and explains slight changes like no s.s. cactus and the new mauville design. The time line is still set in the same place... Its just slightly altered. The events that happened in red, gold, etc are, for the most part, the same. They might remake those games later, adding inmega evolution and their own little twists,but they will probably mostly be slight aesthetic changes to the region and why we don't let kids gamble anymore.

In fact, it lines up well with RSE, because they were already operating with the "multiverse" theory with Ruby and Sapphire. If anything, its a brilliant expansion of the idea. Ruby is an alternate universe to sapphire, after all, in one team aqua is the good guy, and in the other its team magma. I'd say thatvplaces it even before black and white. Then there is Pokemon mystery dungeon and conquest, but let's not get into that :)

Last edited:

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
So can we bring non hoenn pokes before national dex? Like if I wanted to start with a panwiard or something, could I do it, or will it tell me I can't trade it yet?

Lightningsnowstorm

Shocking trainer
Yeah, I do want to know, can you use pokemon bank immediately? Or is the national dex required?

Count chaos

Scrafty=Mr.T pkmn
Minor question, is Feebas still super rare and hard to find in ORAS? Do they still keep it in four random fishing spots, or does the DexNav allow you to find it like any other normal Pokemon? I would like to have Milotic on my team :)

So can we bring non hoenn pokes before national dex? Like if I wanted to start with a panwiard or something, could I do it, or will it tell me I can't trade it yet?
Yeah, I do want to know, can you use pokemon bank immediately? Or is the national dex required?

Yup, I just started the game and bought over my Diancie (received Mega Stone) and also a Buneary. I did it via Bank not trade (but I assume that works) and right after I got the first Dex ofc. If I recall they had "???" on Dex number and are not recognised by my basic Dex.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yup, I just started the game and bought over my Diancie (received Mega Stone) and also a Buneary. I did it via Bank not trade (but I assume that works) and right after I got the first Dex ofc. If I recall they had "???" on Dex number and are not recognised by my basic Dex.

So we can transfer over Pokemon from Bank early in OR/AS as long as we have the Dex? That's awesome. I can't wait to do that when I get AS this weekend.

Last edited:

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Yeah! Was hoping that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'll have the game in half an hour, midnight release!

Has it been revealed where Magneton and Nosepass evolve? I saw Glaceon and Leafeon's spot.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
And also, I wanted to know what non-Hoenn legendaries is located at in Hoenn such as Regigigas? (except for the Mirage Zones that we know) and plus, what Legendary version exclusive set at in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? (that I did heard from the Pokémon Wiki said that it was mentioned from Pokémon Get TV from October 25th showed Yveltal, Reshiram, Ho-oh, and Dialga are exclusive to Omega Ruby and Xerneas, Zekrom, Palkia, and Lugia are exclusive to Alpha Sapphire, but I just wanted to clarify answer since I don't see it mentioned in Version Exclusive page.)

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
^ This right here pretty much just sums it right up!!! I actually think its a brilliant idea. It doesn't mess with the basic plots TOO much, allowing for a "mini" reboot without risking fans flipping a lid because they made Blue into a ditzy girl, conpletely remkved rhr type system or stuff like that.

Don't think too hard about it guys, the changes they are making are minimal and I'd say most of the canon still stands. Its just adding mega evolution, and explains slight changes like no s.s. cactus and the new mauville design. The time line is still set in the same place... Its just slightly altered. The events that happened in red, gold, etc are, for the most part, the same. They might remake those games later, adding inmega evolution and their own little twists,but they will probably mostly be slight aesthetic changes to the region and why we don't let kids gamble anymore.

In fact, it lines up well with RSE, because they were already operating with the "multiverse" theory with Ruby and Sapphire. If anything, its a brilliant expansion of the idea. Ruby is an alternate universe to sapphire, after all, in one team aqua is the good guy, and in the other its team magma. I'd say thatvplaces it even before black and white. Then there is Pokemon mystery dungeon and conquest, but let's not get into that :)

All of this. They'll probably remake FRLG and HGSS to fit in with the new timeline, then Sinnoh/Unova remakes will come as well. There's no major changes :p

(How about InfernoRed and SolarGreen for Kanto, then SacredGold and AeroSilver for Johto? IRSG and SGAS)

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Anyone else wondering about that second Egg Serebii got in Lavaridge? My rather crazy and totally baseless theory; it hatches into Jirachi. I mean, they let us catch Deoxys, so the idea seems a lot less insane.

I'll say Manaphy is more likely since you have been able to get it as a egg before.

Question any news on getting national dex fossils on where you can get them and what kind you can get?

Anyone else wondering about that second Egg Serebii got in Lavaridge? My rather crazy and totally baseless theory; it hatches into Jirachi. I mean, they let us catch Deoxys, so the idea seems a lot less insane.

In what world? Hatching any legendary that has been known not to breed is guaranteed to be more insane than just catching one. In fact they have already let us catch event legendaries, just through the use of event-specific items.

Status
Not open for further replies.