• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Nah. Pretty sure this is the first remake taking place in an alternate dimension/timeline. FRLG and HGSS are both definitely part of the original timeline. They had to make this one alternate because you can catch all the damn legendaries in that game, which makes no sense original storyline wise.

Sure it does. It was never said that there was only ever one of any Legendary Pokémon aside from Mewtwo. In theory, there could be multiples of all of them, even the Creation Bunch.

HOWEVER, this multiverse concept does explain the differences between the GBA/DS era and the 3DS era (Mega Evolution having existed for all this time, Mewtwo being in Kalos instead of Kanto, etc.).

And anyway, it's really very simple actually. We just have two different continuities now, but it's not like we couldn't have already assumed that to be the case for the GB/GBC games in relation to the GBA/DS games. Now it's just:

Universe 1: RGB (and Yellow, I guess, if you're into that kind of thing) > GSC

Universe 2: FRLG/Emerald > HGSS/Platinum > BW > B2W2

Universe 3: ORAS > XY (Or is it the other way around? I don't have confirmation on this yet.)

HoennMaster

So were the Contest Hall ranks changed? I thought I saw Serebii said he entered a contest in Slateport, but Slateport was the third rank in RS.

blob

Sure it does. It was never said that there was only ever one of any Legendary Pokémon aside from Mewtwo. In theory, there could be multiples of all of them, even the Creation Bunch.

HOWEVER, this multiverse concept does explain the differences between the GBA/DS era and the 3DS era (Mega Evolution having existed for all this time, Mewtwo being in Kalos instead of Kanto, etc.).

And anyway, it's really very simple actually. We just have two different continuities now, but it's not like we couldn't have already assumed that to be the case for the GB/GBC games in relation to the GBA/DS games. Now it's just:

Universe 1: RGB (and Yellow, I guess, if you're into that kind of thing) > GSC

Universe 2: FRLG/Emerald > HGSS/Platinum > BW > B2W2

Universe 3: ORAS > XY (Or is it the other way around? I don't have confirmation on this yet.)

I always thought that the Pixies left the lakes in DP (because of what Team Galactic did) and moved to Unova.

As for the Regis, I think there are actually supposed to be multiples of the trio and just one leader. The Regis in Hoenn also affect Kanto, the Regis (event) in Sinnoh also affect Johto and there's also a set in Unova. That way it's more like one per continent.

Oh and the reason why the

As for the universes, I'd say:

Universe 1: RGB ~ E-> GSC ~ DP -> BW -> B2W2
This is pretty much the prime/incomplete universe. Many things go unanswered.

Universe 2: Y -> HGSS -> Pt
Pokémon are more likely to follow you around. The reason for this, is because of the great example Red set in Yellow, by winning the league. There are also more Pokémon which follow you in that park area in Platinum. This is also considered to be a more expanded universe.

Universe 3: FRLG ~ RS ~ Colosseum -> XD
FRLG, RS and Colosseum all happen at about the same time. This universe is fairly self-contained.

Universe 4: XY -> ORAS
The "new" universe. Pokémon distribution is a lot more vast here than in other timelines.

R_N

Not sure if this has been said:
'If you play the demo every day, something special will happen'
But... What is it?

the nugget quest
probably also referring to all the gifts you can get, too

maybe the completely random special msision

coolmotif30

Do you still have to wait until post game to collect the mega stones that you don't automatically receive? Do you have to get the mega bracelet upgrade like in X and Y?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Serebii said:
You need:
All three Regis
A Castelia Cone, possibly attached to Regice
Take them all the island cave.

You know, I don't know why I'm so surprised, considering the sheer amount of arbitrary convolution that goes into acquiring the first three.

blob

You know, I don't know why I'm so surprised, considering the sheer amount of arbitrary convolution that goes into acquiring the first three.

This is why I never bothered with them. Most of them suck and it's like decrypting a code to get even one of them!

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
any info about hidden pokemon?

i just detected some pokemons have unusual moves

poochyena has ice fang o_o, surskit has fell stinger ( um ..what's this attack - anyone ?)

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
any info about hidden pokemon?

i just detected some pokemons have unusual moves

poochyena has ice fang o_o, surskit has fell stinger ( um ..what's this attack - anyone ?)

yeah it's pretty cool what sneaking does. I saw a level 3 surkit with hydro pump and a level 5 lotad with teeter dance.

Edit: Actually on second thought I don't want to get involved in the alternate universe argument.. I will say though that I think you guys are reading far too much into it.

One question though regarding Cosplay Pikachu, in one of Serebii's posts it states the costume you get is based on gender. Are you able to change those immediately or do they need to be unlocked by contest wins or something?

Last edited:

momopeach

Wow not getting gallade's mega stone until that late in the game is incredibly disappointing. I wish they didn't do that with stones and tms.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Ho-oh is my favorite Johto Legendary. I'll be glad to main Omega Ruby. :D
I'll get both versions today.

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
Sweet! I only need to buy 1 copy of the game. I have to choose between Smash Bros and Ruby and Sapphire. Guess Ruby is all I need. I have all the Pokemon + Legendaries in my Y anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.