• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Im freaking out, has anyone else had there game crash after petalburg woods???

mine keeps freezing and the going to a black screen telling me to turn off my system and contact nintendo support.

I got a physical copy of Omega Ruby and I passed the woods with no problems. Sorry for you :(

Genousity

it happens everytime for me now.... not trading either, just leaving petalburg woods and thats when it started happening...

Hoolo

Quite ze breeder!
Thinking that the Kami trio might require the Reveal Glass before Thundurus and Tornadus become available. Or the other way around, like with Kami and Kyurem in X/Y.
As for Regigigas, if you need a Castelia Cone, I wouldn't be surprised if it also needed something like a Metal Coat for Registeel and a Hard Stone for Regirock. Would make more sense for a Nevermeltice for Regice in that case, but of course Game Freak has to mix it up again.

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
it happens everytime for me now.... not trading either, just leaving petalburg woods and thats when it started happening...

Seriously my heart goes out to you! Please keep us updated, hope it gets sorted very soon!!

I've been hooked on Serebii's progress, the man is a beast! My only hope is the legends are similar to xy as in 3+ IV's. Has this been answered yet? I may have missed that :(

Genousity

I'm just gonna start over, if it continues im taking the game back in the morning and getting a refund. all my other 3ds games play just fine.

I'm rather curious if we can just bring over say a zekrom from bank and use that to get kyurem?

lucky_u

I wonder if the Weather Institute played any role in capturing legendaries again, since the Kami trio is always associated with weather...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What I find weird is that CoroCoro said that Ho-oh & Reshiram were exclusive to Alpha Sapphire and Zekrom and Lugia were exclusive to Omega Ruby, but Serebii's discovery says it's the other way around

Also, has anyone checked to see which of the mega stones are only available post-game aisde from Salamence or Metagross?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
What I find weird is that CoroCoro said that Ho-oh & Reshiram were exclusive to Alpha Sapphire and Zekrom and Lugia were exclusive to Omega Ruby, but Serebii's discovery says it's the other way around

Also, has anyone checked to see which of the mega stones are only available post-game aisde from Salamence or Metagross?

CoroCoro never said anything about what legend was exclusive to what game

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
CoroCoro never said anything about what legend was exclusive to what game
Sorry, I thought that's what it said when the main site firs posted the issue

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Sure it does. It was never said that there was only ever one of any Legendary Pokémon aside from Mewtwo.
The case of Mewtwo is not so clear-cut either. Anime may not be the best source of canon, but even disregarding every "Ash anime" warp to Mewtwo's canon, Pokemon Origins, which is extremely closely associated with pure game canon, had both Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave and Mega Evolution.
Not saying there's more than one, just saying that Mewtwo doesn't necessarily come from Kalos in the Mega universe. He still seems to have started out in Kanto and moved to the Pokemon Village (maybe after every new champion in Kanto started trying to catch him).

Last edited:
The case of Mewtwo is not so clear-cut either. Anime may not be the best source of canon, but even disregarding every "Ash anime" warp to Mewtwo's canon, Pokemon Origins, which is extremely closely associated with pure game canon, had both Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave and Mega Evolution.
Not saying there's more than one, just saying that Mewtwo doesn't necessarily come from Kalos in the Mega universe. He still seems to have started out in Kanto and moved to the Pokemon Village (maybe after every new champion in Kanto started trying to catch him).

Mewtwo was a clone. Who's to say the same scientists who created him didn't make a second later on, or that someone else didn't get their hands on the research and some of Mew's DNA and make their own? I don't like or necessarily agree with that explanation but there isn't really any reason another couldn't have been created later on. But really if anything the existence of another Mewtwo is much more plausible than that other legendaries...

ebevan91

Serebii, I'm not sure if this has been asked or if you have posted anything about it yet, but do you know if Deoxys is now required for National Pokedex completion since we can capture it in-game?

Photonkrios95

So, the only version exclusive stone is Latios or Latias?

Nope, you get the opposite stone the players Mom in the Post Game.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Mewtwo was a clone. Who's to say the same scientists who created him didn't make a second later on, or that someone else didn't get their hands on the research and some of Mew's DNA and make their own? I don't like or necessarily agree with that explanation but there isn't really any reason another couldn't have been created later on. But really if anything the existence of another Mewtwo is much more plausible than that other legendaries...

It's certainly possible, but Mewtwo is the only one that anyone ever says there is only one of. As for the others, I used to think only the deities like Arceus, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina were the truly unique ones, but now it seems not even the creation trio are sacred when it comes to churning out multiples. Some legendaries are completely canonically non-unique. Like Latias and Latios living in herds. But basically seeing as Mewtwo is "Legendary" when he is brand new (so not even "there are legends about them" can be used as a definition), I think it's basically just that they're rare.

Anyway, to curb this back towards the topic, I don't think the new universe deal has anything to do with how many legendaries they put in ORAS, or the different locations legendaries are found in. They can move or there are multiples, it really doesn't matter a whole lot. The reason is basically just to retcon Mega Evolution. Anything with megas is one universe, anything without is not that universe (and there maybe multiples there, such as between game versions). By that definition all we know for certain to be in the Mega Universe is XY, ORAS, and Pokemon Origins. The main anime is all over the place with canon and non-canon, so it may be best to leave it to its own thing.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's certainly possible, but Mewtwo is the only one that anyone ever says there is only one of. As for the others, I used to think only the deities like Arceus, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina were the truly unique ones, but now it seems not even the creation trio are sacred when it comes to churning out multiples. Some legendaries are completely canonically non-unique. Like Latias and Latios living in herds. But basically seeing as Mewtwo is "Legendary" when he is brand new (so not even "there are legends about them" can be used as a definition), I think it's basically just that they're rare.

Anyway, to curb this back towards the topic, I don't think the new universe deal has anything to do with how many legendaries they put in ORAS, or the different locations legendaries are found in. They can move or there are multiples, it really doesn't matter a whole lot. The reason is basically just to retcon Mega Evolution. Anything with megas is one universe, anything without is not that universe (and there maybe multiples there, such as between game versions). By that definition all we know for certain to be in the Mega Universe is XY, ORAS, and Pokemon Origins. The main anime is all over the place with canon and non-canon, so it may be best to leave it to its own thing.

Personally, I consider the anime to be a universe of its own. When you think about it, no that they're making the pokémon multiverse fully canon, there are a bunch of other alternate timelines and realities that can fit in here:
  • The anime
  • Pokémon Adventures/Special
  • Other pokémon mangas
  • Pokémon Ranger
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
  • Pokémon Conquest
  • Pokémon TCG
  • Pokémon Coliseum/Gale of Darkness
  • Fanfics
  • Nuzlocke comics

The list goes on and on. So, in a way, we're all somewhat canon & connected to the whole pokémon scheme of things, even if we're never fully featured in the main games

Last edited:
Serebii, cresselia is related to the moon right? Maybe you need to soar with a lunatone or clefairy or be around the space center.

Status
Not open for further replies.