• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

Can any body tell me the descriptions of Pokemon transferred from Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl etc?

I'm curious to see if it mentions how old they are.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Serebii said:
Inconspicuosaurus said:
Hi Serebii,

Beautifly is listed as learning Rage at lvl. 37. I'm guessing this is supposed to be Rage Powder, unless the ORAS butterflies are unusually wrathful!

Thanks for all your hard work today and over the coming days :)
Nope, I double checked and it strangely is Rage.
So apparently Beautifly really does learn Rage o_O

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
When will we know secret base items?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Serebii said:
A friend pointed this out to me. There's a Kecleon hidden in the Lavaridge Town female side hot springs. Guess they're not useless afterall.
Wow, pervert Kecleon XD I wonder if this will be in the localisation, or removed like the Nugget and Ore men's suggestive references.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Wow, pervert Kecleon XD I wonder if this will be in the localisation, or removed like the Nugget and Ore men's suggestive references.

This is the localisation :p

CrusherTheFeraligatr

cryuel

I hope this isn't an inappropriate thread to put this in, but since it's a new ORAS mechanic I thought I'd ask since it's seemingly undiscovered:

Does anyone know whether a) when Pokemon that stick their tails out that are shiny they shine in the overwold battle as well (similar to Pokeradar shinies would in XY), or b) whether shiny starters would shine in the selection screen vs. in battle after choosing them?

Last edited:

Crimson_Blazer

I hope this isn't an inappropriate thread to put this in, but since it's a new ORAS mechanic I thought I'd ask:

Does anyone know whether a) when Pokemon that stick their tails out that are shiny they shine in the overwold battle as well (similar to Pokeradar shinies would in XY), or b) whether shiny starters would shine in the selection screen vs. in battle after choosing them?

This would be something interesting to find out, the over world encounters n such

CrusherTheFeraligatr

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ok Im freaking out, has anyone else had there game crash after petalburg woods???

mine keeps freezing and the going to a black screen telling me to turn off my system and contact nintendo support.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm getting physical copies of the games too, hope I don't run into this glitch. I really hate when these things happen. Ran into a crash on Pokémon Trading Card Game (eshop) :(.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
My game glitched out once saying that I had to turn it off, couldnt go to home menu, but I was trading at the time :'(
What version did it take part in? Was it a physical copy or a digital one?

Serenna

Just a minor update: Along with getting Pokemon with Egg Moves from sneaking up on them, you can also get Pokemon with hold items as well.

I have sneaked up on 2 Wurmple and one has a Bright Powder while the second has a Pecha Berry. According to Serebii's database even back to Generation 3, Wurmple has never held items in the wild before.

So far, I am enjoying this feature. I have no clue if you can find Hidden Ability Pokemon this way just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.