• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDS777

The name's Riley
The most unbelievable thing just happened. I was walking through Route 104 to head for the pokémon center, when the Dex Nav picked up a Wingull; however, this time the search symbol had a red circle with an exclamation mark in the center. I looked up the information for the Wingull and not only did it know an egg move (Aqua Ring), but it was at level 15 too. Though I lost 2 of my pokémon battling it, luckily I was able to catch it. According to the Dex Nav, I encountered Wingull 12 times before catching this one, so I think that when you encounter the same pokémon at least 10 times, there's a chance it'll be at a higher level than normal

You don't need to see it x amount of times. I watched a guy doing a playthrough and he immediately found a level 15 Taillow with Boomburst in Petalburg Woods.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
These extra islands with secret bases, do they have trainers?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh, so the rumor about having to beat all the Master Rank Contests to get a Lucarionite was true. I'll just trade one over as well as a Garchompite from X/Y. :x

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but did anyone elses games come only the health and safety information booklet? Don't these games usually come with an instruction booklet for the actual game itself?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but did anyone elses games come only the health and safety information booklet? Don't these games usually come with an instruction booklet for the actual game itself?
Same here, I guess they didn't make one.

As said in the thread, if there's anything that wants investigating with dex nav I can try. I'm quite enjoying this feature. =)

Mr.FusRoDah

Dude, that's so weird, because the same thing happened to me. Only the health/safety thing. It's a good thing I'm not a noob and I have this site as a reference guide if necessary, or else I would be up Montezuma's Revenge Creek without a paddle. lol

Kibamaru

Water PokéTrainer

Nope. Mine came with a manual on how to use the digital manual. :/

That's a relief I'm not the only one that this happened to. :)

All 3DS games do that now. Manuals are all digital. You can find it when you hover over the icon on the home menu

Never knew that.
Good to know. :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ugh, so the rumor about having to beat all the Master Rank Contests to get a Lucarionite was true. I'll just trade one over as well as a Garchompite from X/Y. :x
Dang, that's frustrating :(. Wasn't that good at contests back in the day. Hope I can do better this time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Would it be possible for Serebii to post the locations of all the TMs and HMs for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? It might make locating them that little bit easier, especially now that Mauville's Game Corner has been confirmed as closed down.

I don't think he's found all the TMs yet though. :x

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I just found that you can Fly to routes now... instead of just towns/Citys you can fly to routes using AreaNav... that is quite awesome!

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Can confirm, my Poochyena knew Thunder Fang and I chose Treecko.

EDIT: The tutorial one, I mean.

Last edited:

momopeach

I'm wondering if you can rebattle trainers like with the Vs. Seeker or something, like in the original games. XY didn't have any sort of rematch thing and it made me sad as I was trying to catch pokemon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Would it be possible for Serebii to post the locations of all the TMs and HMs for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? It might make locating them that little bit easier, especially now that Mauville's Game Corner has been confirmed as closed down.

I've been posting TM locations as I progress. Please read my posts in every page of the discovery thread.

I'm wondering if you can rebattle trainers like with the Vs. Seeker or something, like in the original games. XY didn't have any sort of rematch thing and it made me sad as I was trying to catch pokemon.

Trainers can be rematched using the MapNavi. There's a notification icon if a certain trainer is ready for battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.