• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

??????

That guy.
Ahhh serebii forums. Havent been here in years.

Quick question - how do you access the things from the demo in OR/AS? I haven't beat the game yet, but I did transfer the heart scales over. Don't see any person in the Pokemon Center to deliver anything...

it seems like Mauville is suffering from the Lumiose Glitch wherein your game will be bricked if you save and load from inside that city...

Saw this mentioned in another thread.
Is this true?

I just got to Mauville, and I don't want to save in there if this happens.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
In Rustboro City, in the house where the Devon Corp people live, there is a young man who gives you a Float Stone, which halves the wright of the Pokemon carrying it. If you leave his floor and revisit it, he will have transformed into a Hiker and he complains that he doesn't know why he's put on so much weight recently.

Just thought that was a cute little easter egg :)

Also I can confirm that I chose Treecko and my Poochyena had Thunder Fang.

Omega Sapphire

I'm so glad that Mirage Spots apparently aren't Shiny locked; I've always wanted a Shiny Zekrom, and now I can actually get one. I'm glad GF finally removed that limitation.
Yes. YES. YUUUUUS.

The world can not take how happy I am about this. I'll never have the will to soft reset for one but there's always the possibility of it appearing shiny the first few times I try and catch it.

Protip: Have your team be under-leveled throughout the entire game to increase difficulty and help make up for the terrible AI. Makes legendary encounters actually challenging when I have a team of all Level 40 Pokemon (usually just 3-4) and the legend is higher.
Saw this mentioned in another thread.
Is this true?

I just got to Mauville, and I don't want to save in there if this happens.

Have saved in Mauville multiple times without this happening. Any sauce on this?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
nvm found out

Every 10 post someone asks this, the answer is we don't know yet we hope for it. Due to ORAS having the same code of XY game info tampering remained the same allowing people who modify data to own a shinny Kyogre or Groudon captured in the game.

Unless the guys doing the data mining of the full game prove they aren't shinny locked I would recommend to assume they are.

z1mb0bw4y

Still very confused about the requirements for Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf and Virizion/Terrakion/Cobalion. I've already captured one of each, over 24 hours ago now. I've moved over a full team of 6 maxed EV pokemon from XY to try for Viri/Terra/Coba, but that hasn't made any difference. Similar story with Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. Like I said I have one of each so I've triggered them to appear at least once, I just don't know the trigger to make them show up the second time. Beat the E4 again maybe?

Yes. YES. YUUUUUS.

The world can not take how happy I am about this. I'll never have the will to soft reset for one but there's always the possibility of it appearing shiny the first few times I try and catch it.

Protip: Have your team be under-leveled throughout the entire game to increase difficulty and help make up for the terrible AI. Makes legendary encounters actually challenging when I have a team of all Level 40 Pokemon (usually just 3-4) and the legend is higher.

Have saved in Mauville multiple times without this happening. Any sauce on this?

I've also saved in Mauville more than once with no problems at all.

Alright, that sound like good news. :)
Thanks!

truebluexx

LittleBoyBlue
They transfer directly to your bag and Glalie to the PC

Thought you had to get it from pokemon link first. Maybe I'm wrong

Has anyone checked their ORAS Legendary Pokemon's potential from the guy at battle resort pokemon center?

Latias had 3 IVs
Rayquaza had 4 IVs

Have legendary pokemon always had good IVs? Or is this new? (And I know its not just luck)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is new this generation. X & Y introduced the mechanic where Pokémon in the "No Eggs" group (which includes most if not all legendaries) are guaranteed to have at least three perfect Individual Values.

Omega Sapphire

Still very confused about the requirements for Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf and Virizion/Terrakion/Cobalion. I've already captured one of each, over 24 hours ago now. I've moved over a full team of 6 maxed EV pokemon from XY to try for Viri/Terra/Coba, but that hasn't made any difference. Similar story with Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. Like I said I have one of each so I've triggered them to appear at least once, I just don't know the trigger to make them show up the second time. Beat the E4 again maybe?
Serebii is definitely wrong with the 12 hour estimate on them reappearing. There is either a small completely stupid requirement like with Regigigas or it is random. I caught Cobalion and Terrakion within 10 minutes of each other but two days later still no Virizion. It took almost a day for the Mespirit to appear after I caught Uxie and Azlef (which had around 9-10 hours inbetween)
It is new this generation. X & Y introduced the mechanic where Pokémon in the "No Eggs" group (which includes most if not all legendaries) are guaranteed to have at least three perfect Individual Values.

Relevant: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/noeggs.shtml

Please note that they only have 3 31 IVs if caught. When hatched it is completely possible to have none

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Not completely sure how I feel about ORAS and RSE seemingly being two different parallel universes that split depending on the actions 3000 years ago. I don't think ORAS overriding RSE would have caused more problems than alternative timelines. It just seems a bit too weird, even in-universe.
Actually, when you think about it, this kind of explains why pokémon transported from the Gen III-V games say that they "traveled a long way through space and time from the X region"

So wait, does this new development mean:
Mega Universe: ORAS - XY
Normal Universe: FRLG/RSE - HGSS/DPPt - B/W - B2/W2
or
Mega Universe: FRLG/ORAS - HGSS/DPPt - B/W - B2/W2 - XY
Normal Universe: FRLG/RSE - HGSS/DPPt - B/W - B2/W2
or something completely different? This is way too confusing, they should have just fixed these lore holes in-universe instead of screwing around in confusing ways like this.
EDIT: For now I'm going to have my headcanon for the 'Main' universe as FRLG/ORAS - HGSS/DPPt - BW - B2W2 - XY, with Mega Evolution just not being as well known in other regions besides Kalos and Hoenn.
Personally, I think the list of universes would go like this:
  • Pokémon Prime: R/G/B/Y - G/S/C
  • Pokémon Subprime: FR/LG/R/S/E - D/P/PT/HG/SS - BW - BW2
  • Pokémon Mega/Delta: OR/AS - X/Y

Last edited:

Luthor

So are there any brand new egg moves? and is air cutter a move tutor again? (originally heard it was but doesn't seem to be on serebii's list)

Autobot N

Huh. Just found Trackless Forest with the text appearing that means a legend is there. And yet my party (Some are traded from Y to get trio masters) is Metagross Lv 64, Kyorge Lv 100, Lugia Lv 100, Steelix Lv 71, Zekrom Lv 100, and Rayquaza Lv 100. Encountering Suicune now.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Personally, I think the list of universes would go like this:
  • Pokémon Prime: R/G/B/Y - G/S/C
  • Pokémon Subprime: FR/LG/R/S/E - D/P/PT/HG/SS - BW - BW2
  • Pokémon Mega/Delta: OR/AS - X/Y

This is exactly what I think the universes are. FireRed/LeafGreen did so much ridiculous Canon Welding (even with all of the first-gen oddities they left in) to make them fit with Ruby/Sapphire that it's only logical to assume it takes place in another universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.