• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try it at sunset?

No one knows for sure what legends are and aren't shiny locked yet. We probably won't know until either someone takes the time to try and encounter them, or when ProjectPokemon finds that information in the coding.

That being said, since we know the Mirage Spot legends coming from Hoopa's portals are confirmed to not be shiny locked, Regigigas has a good chance to not be locked.

Okay thank you! I'll continue my hunt tomorrow and I'll post it on here and tumblr if it shines :) again thanks so much!

BCVM22

How do we know it's Hoopa's portals dumping all the legendaries out?

We don't "know", but the portals match Hoopa's aesthetic, the art that was released to coincide with the introduction of Soaring and the Mirage Spot has a faint Hoopa silhouette in it, Hoopa has a new Forme in OR/AS indicating some degree of spotlight for it when they release the critter, and finally, Hoopa's X/Y Pokédex entries read:

It gathers things it likes and pushes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place.

This troublemaker sends anything and everything to faraway places using its loop, which can warp space

It's a safe conclusion.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
We don't "know", but the portals match Hoopa's aesthetic, the art that was released to coincide with the introduction of Soaring and the Mirage Spot has a faint Hoopa silhouette in it, Hoopa has a new Forme in OR/AS indicating some degree of spotlight for it when they release the critter, and finally, Hoopa's X/Y Pokédex entries read:

It's a safe conclusion.

I was wondering what the hell the "unbound" form was...but we have no new models for it or...?

BCVM22

We have clear models for it. I don't have any on hand, but the screenshots were floating around the appropriate thread(s) as the games were slowly making their way out. Short description is that little Hoopa becomes a very large and malicious-looking genie with multiple arms by way of a transformation item called the Prison Bottle.

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
Also, I haven't seen anybody mention this anywhere, but I believe they've made a small change to the shops... specifically, regarding the Premier Balls. In all past games, to my knowledge, you only got a Premier ball if you bought 10 poke balls. But in ORAS, you can get it by buying 10 of any ball (at least, all the ones I paid attention to - Super, Ultra, and Dusk all did it). Sadly, it doesn't appear to give you 2 Premier Balls when you buy 20 other balls, so you have to buy your balls in batches of 10 to maximise the results.
Yes, I noticed this as soon as I started buying Ultra Balls. It's a nice little addition and it makes getting a lot of Premiers much easier. :)

Does anyone know if its confirmed that DexNav does increase shiny chance and is considered chaining?
Now this is something I'd really like to know.

SunRiver

Guardian of Earth
Anyone found the Black Sludge? The site's Item Listing doesn't show it so far.

Does anyone know if its confirmed that DexNav does increase shiny chance and is considered chaining?

so far I'm 1-1-1 on shinies in AS. (wild-dexnav-eggMM) so I can't say for sure. one thing I can say is shiny rates do seem even higher this go around. I'm just 72 hours in, with no shiny charm or anything.

MY main question is: are there new egg moves again? I've been wondering for a while now, with all the recent upgrades to some pokes movesets; ( mystical fire for mismagius, spiky shield on cacti pokes, etc.) hoping to see some data there.

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
I've also noticed something that I searched this thread for, and couldn't find it, so I'll mention it here.

Pokemon you import from XY retain their affection, but only if you battle with them on the first day that you import them. If a day passes with them not used in battle, whether they're in your party or in your PC, they will lose all their affection but retain what their fullness/enjoyment was at the time.

Also, I have a quick question: Does giving Pokeblocks affect the Poke-Amie affection? 'Cause I swear I have yet to Poke-Amie any of my Pokemon in OR, yet my Swellow has already reached 3 affection for some reason. I don't think I've done anything that could affect it, since all I've been doing with her is battling and entering the contests, which obviously means that I've been feeding her Red Pokeblocks. It's either the contests or the pokeblocks, 'cause I have no other hypothesis for this.

EDIT: I'll be trying it out with a random Skitty I have in my PC, just to check if it's true.
That's really interesting and it sounds like an awesome way to get Pokemon to max Affection quicker, let me know how it went with Skitty!

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
Dunno if it's actually a discovery (I'll call it a text discovery) but it's the first time people in the Battle Maison recognize the player as Hoenn's champion. Even the Battle Chatelaines recognize who's the strongest in all of Hoenn. xD Previous generations don't give a darn of what you are and the XY's recognition of you as champ only came from the Gym Leaders. Now in ORAS, it's universal! :D

BrianLai30

There's a 23rd music change for wifi battles. It's the one used in battle maison against the battle chatelaine. Please update the page

Xuxuba

I think the Battle Maison is now harder. In XY, i was always able to defeat at least 70 trainers with the same team (M. Kangaskhan, Gliscor and Chansey) and now sometimes i can't even defeat 15 and it's always harder to defeat them. It's like XY Maison's 50th battle is just as hard as ORAS Maison's 10th battle. It looks like they did that to make us try a new strategy, maybe try some new OP megas like M. Salamance. I think i will just wait until someone has found a better team for this "new" Maison.

kemal07

What is the best way to level up in these games?. In X and Y I used to spend quite a bit of time in the Battle Chateau.

What ways are there in ORAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.