• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoPhantos

So I've got a theory about Crecselia, but not the time to test it... See, all the legendary Pokemon require certain conditions to be summoned so far, but Crescelia's still unknown and so far seems random. This strikes me as strange as there should be a condition.

So I begin to think: what is related to Crescelia... Darkrai, dreams, nightmares, full moon & new moon.

Maybe, Crescelia's island only appears in nights of the full moon that happen once a month! While unlikely, it is also possible that Darkrai appears on nights of the New Moon....

I realize this seems farfetched, but then you need a nicknamed Regice to get Regigigas... Compared to THAT, this seems more logical!

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
So I've got a theory about Crecselia, but not the time to test it... See, all the legendary Pokemon require certain conditions to be summoned so far, but Crescelia's still unknown and so far seems random. This strikes me as strange as there should be a condition.

So I begin to think: what is related to Crescelia... Darkrai, dreams, nightmares, full moon & new moon.

Maybe, Crescelia's island only appears in nights of the full moon that happen once a month! While unlikely, it is also possible that Darkrai appears on nights of the New Moon....

I realize this seems farfetched, but then you need a nicknamed Regice to get Regigigas... Compared to THAT, this seems more logical!

That's a nice idea, but I think we would have noticed everyone getting Cresselia on the same day, seeing as lunar cycles are the same all over the world. Also, there hasn't been a full moon since the games were released (the next is the 6th of December), so nobody would have gotten Cresselia yet and evidently some have.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
There's also no evidence that Gen VI will be short.

The ability to complete the National Dex with XY and ORAS isn't evidence? I wouldn't exactly call that conclusive because there are a few loose ends, but usually they hold off making every Pokemon accessible until every game of that generation is released (the only exceptions to this are 1st and 2nd gen, in which every Pokemon was featured in the games, and 3rd gen, which had two console games to help complete the dex). In this game they went out of their way to make every non event Pokemon catchable between the 4 games, right down to starters and legendaries. That's definitely not something to ignore.

Mennorg

To anyone who is looking for Dialga and Palkia, their mirage spots can be found by having Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie in your party when you soar.

NeoPhantos

That's a nice idea, but I think we would have noticed everyone getting Cresselia on the same day, seeing as lunar cycles are the same all over the world. Also, there hasn't been a full moon since the games were released (the next is the 6th of December), so nobody would have gotten Cresselia yet and evidently some have.

People with the wrong dates in their 3ds could've, explaining why only some few managed to get it... No?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
The ability to complete the National Dex with XY and ORAS isn't evidence? I wouldn't exactly call that conclusive because there are a few loose ends, but usually they hold off making every Pokemon accessible until every game of that generation is released (the only exceptions to this are 1st and 2nd gen, in which every Pokemon was featured in the games, and 3rd gen, which had two console games to help complete the dex). In this game they went out of their way to make every non event Pokemon catchable between the 4 games, right down to starters and legendaries. That's definitely not something to ignore.

So what you're saying is, the thing you're saying is evidence has not applied in three of five previous generations, but we should believe it's evidence for your point this time? No, if there's anything I've learned about Pokemon it's that as soon as there is maybe enough evidence to make a "reliable" prediction, that's just when they'll switch things up again. Plus, Gen VI may well be short, but that doesn't mean they'll make DLC. As BVCM22 said, annual releases are becoming commonplace, and while DLC and side games may be less work intensive, I'd be willing to bet new generations are what bring in the real money, so they have no reason to drag out a generation if they can churn out a new one quickly.

To return some points used in an earlier post, no, nobody expected Mega Evolutions, or the Fairy type, or or BW2 instead of Grey, but if anything that's just more evidence that you can't make a reliable predictions. However, as Serebii said, when someone in charge has such a clear and often-stated disdain for something, you can pretty much bet it won't happen while he's around. Personally, I think DLC is a despicable trend, and Masuda's aversion to it is just one of the things I like about the Pokemon Company, and Nintendo in general. I would much rather have a completed, refined game, even if it costs a bit more, than have to pay or wait for DLC. And while it could be argued that X/Y have less than we're used to in the way of post-game story content (the new ways to train and pay with Pokemon have kept me entertained regardless), it was a very ambitious start to a generation, and I think ORAS have expanded on all that and their originals to make amazing, beautiful games that will keep me playing gen VI for a very long time, even if the release dates of subsequent games make it officially "short".

EDIT:
People with the wrong dates in their 3ds could've, explaining why only some few managed to get it... No?
With how much people are experimenting with these things at the moment, I think we would have discovered a link like that. We would have at least got to "only people with wrong dates have found her" pretty easily, and then it's a fairly logical leap from there to realising all the wrong dates that have worked are a month apart and then linking that to her theme. Anyway, I would assume people who do these playthroughs routinely in a professional manner wouldn't be so slapdash as to have incorrect dates set on their 3DS, in case of just such a time-sensitive. occurrence.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
pretty sure Gen V ended with a decent number of 'mons unobtainable in-game and needed a combination of Dream Radar, events, Dream World, and transferring to complete the Dex, so I don't think availability has anything to do with it

if you want to argue that Gen VI will be short, you should be arguing based on the existence of the New 3DS and claim that Nintendo wants to push people into buying a GBC-esque upgrade

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So what you're saying is, the thing you're saying is evidence has not applied in three of five previous generations, but we should believe it's evidence for your point this time? No, if there's anything I've learned about Pokemon it's that as soon as there is maybe enough evidence to make a "reliable" prediction, that's just when they'll switch things up again.

To return some points used in an earlier post, no, nobody expected Mega Evolutions, or the Fairy type, or or BW2 instead of Grey, but if anything that's just more evidence that you can't make a reliable predictions. However, as Serebii said, when someone in charge has such a clear and often-stated disdain for something, you can pretty much bet it won't happen while he's around. Personally, I think DLC is a despicable trend, and Masuda's aversion to it is just one of the things I like about the Pokemon Company, and Nintendo in general. I would much rather have a completed, refined game, even if it costs a bit more, than have to pay or wait for DLC. And while it could be argued that X/Y have less than we're used to in the way of post-game story content (the new ways to train and pay with Pokemon have kept me entertained regardless), it was a very ambitious generation start to a generation, and I think ORAS have expanded on all that and their originals to make amazing, beautiful games that will keep me playing gen VI for a very long time, even if the release dates of subsequent games make it officially "short".

That's what I'm saying though, you can't conclude with any kind of certainty that there will be another set of 6th gen games (which is exactly what Serebii was doing), we have a lot of conflicting evidence. There's the National Dex, the backpacker hinting towards a new region, some references to Emerald content, and some unreleased forms and HAs. It's difficult to say anything conclusive about that, on one hand you have some evidence saying that 6th gen is done and we're moving on to a new region, and on the other hand there's some loose ends that need to be addressed. And the exceptions I pointed out are older and less relevant and had logical reasons for not splitting up the National Dex. 1st and 2nd gen handled distribution differently than subsequent generations, there was no National Dex and all of the Pokemon that existed in those generations could fit in one game, only splitting paired version exclusives into different games. And 3rd gen had console games which they used to help distribute Pokemon National Dex Pokemon ahead of later 3rd gen games (and 3rd gen still fits the pattern in a sense if you just look at the handheld games, all of the Pokemon that couldn't be caught in RS or FRLG were distributed in Emerald).

Also, Masuda didn't outright say that he didn't want to do DLC. Just that he couldn't think of any way to make use of it. It's possible (albeit unlikely) that since XY he's changed his mind.

pretty sure Gen V ended with a decent number of 'mons unobtainable in-game and needed a combination of Dream Radar, events, Dream World, and transferring to complete the Dex, so I don't think availability has anything to do with it

That's not the same situation though, because BW2 did add Pokemon that weren't available in BW1 even though it didn't fill in every gap. The opposite makes much less sense because if you can complete the National Dex before the generation is even over that gives subsequent games less of a selling point.

if you want to argue that Gen VI will be short, you should be arguing based on the existence of the New 3DS and claim that Nintendo wants to push people into buying a GBC-esque upgrade

This too.

swilson

Not strange. Defeating the Elite Four the first time nets you a Johto starter. Completion of Delta Episode gets you a Unova starter. Defeating the Elite Four rematch gives you a Sinnoh starter.

How do you get all the starters if we got none from defeating the elite four and got the Johto starter from completing Delta episode? Just beat the elite four multiple times and make sure to activate the event?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I'd like to postulate something, if it hasn't been mentioned yet:

I think the checks for which legendary of a trio you'll see is dependent on when you soar to the location, not in general. Virizion is only supposed to show up on Mondays, correct? Yet I'm fighting it right now, at 2:30 Tuesday morning. But I had saved in front of the loop at Pathless Plain yesterday. Maybe it could be because I caught the other two of the trio already...

Also, no matter what time it was, after I had saved in front of the loop in the cavern with the Lake Trio, I had fought and only fought Uxie, no matter what time it was. In this case, Mesprit and Azelf haven't been caught yet.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I'd like to postulate something, if it hasn't been mentioned yet:

I think the checks for which legendary of a trio you'll see is dependent on when you soar to the location, not in general. Virizion is only supposed to show up on Mondays, correct? Yet I'm fighting it right now, at 2:30 Tuesday morning. But I had saved in front of the loop at Pathless Plain yesterday. Maybe it could be because I caught the other two of the trio already...

Also, no matter what time it was, after I had saved in front of the loop in the cavern with the Lake Trio, I had fought and only fought Uxie, no matter what time it was. In this case, Mesprit and Azelf haven't been caught yet.

I think the loop containing the pokémon generates while you start soaring.

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
Had you already caught Thundurus/Tornadus?

kt418

just want to figure out the special effect of Square-One Mat in the decorations page is the wrong one
The actual special effect should be something like "make you return to the base entry when stood on"

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
Nope. I've only unlocked Pathless Plain and the cavern with the Lake Trio so far.
Hmm, that's weird. I've been having the issue with Uxie not spawning as well although I have gotten the other two. Someone said Uxie spawned shortly after getting their genie so I thought it might be connected, but I guess not.

Tried every time of day (morning, sunset, night) for two days and Uxie doesn't spawn. Not sure what else to do except get the genie and hope it's connected, or wait until the real connection is figured out. That or I could try checking every hour for a day, but college exams aren't going to let me do that anytime soon.

NeoPhantos

Hmm, that's weird. I've been having the issue with Uxie not spawning as well although I have gotten the other two. Someone said Uxie spawned shortly after getting their genie so I thought it might be connected, but I guess not.

Tried every time of day (morning, sunset, night) for two days and Uxie doesn't spawn. Not sure what else to do except get the genie and hope it's connected, or wait until the real connection is figured out. That or I could try checking every hour for a day, but college exams aren't going to let me do that anytime soon.

I'm having a similar problem, except with Azelf... My games AS, yours?

Edit: found azelf around 23:00.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.