• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobot N

The ability to complete the National Dex with XY and ORAS isn't evidence? I wouldn't exactly call that conclusive because there are a few loose ends, but usually they hold off making every Pokemon accessible until every game of that generation is released (the only exceptions to this are 1st and 2nd gen, in which every Pokemon was featured in the games, and 3rd gen, which had two console games to help complete the dex). In this game they went out of their way to make every non event Pokemon catchable between the 4 games, right down to starters and legendaries. That's definitely not something to ignore.

Except that two more games can have the blue pentagon that is the signature of this gen. Expect X2 and Y2.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Except that two more games can have the blue pentagon that is the signature of this gen.

The fact that they can doesn't mean they will. BW had data for keeping track of four other games, yet Gen V only got two more.

Chaos Rush

I didn't see anything regarding this on the site or the discovery thread, so I'll just post it here:

There's an awesome easter egg in OR/AS that you can access when you have a Pokémon in your party that was caught in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for the GBA and migrated all the way into OR/AS:

1. Have a Pokémon at the front of your party that you migrated all the way from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

2. Go to Cove Lily Motel in Lilycove City, enter 2nd floor

3. Talk to the guy by the table in the top room

I won't spoil what it is but it's nothing big, but try it out. I don't know if this works with a Pokémon that was caught in FR/LG, but I tested Pokémon that were caught in Ruby and Emerald and they both worked. This needs to be added to the main site.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I didn't see anything regarding this on the site or the discovery thread, so I'll just post it here:

There's an awesome easter egg in OR/AS that you can access when you have a Pokémon in your party that was caught in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for the GBA and migrated all the way into OR/AS:

1. Have a Pokémon at the front of your party that you migrated all the way from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

2. Go to Cove Lily Motel in Lilycove City, enter 2nd floor

3. Talk to the guy by the table in the top room

I won't spoil what it is but it's nothing big, but try it out. I don't know if this works with a Pokémon that was caught in FR/LG, but I tested Pokémon that were caught in Ruby and Emerald and they both worked. This needs to be added to the main site.

It is already. The decoration you're given is listed in the decorations list, along with how to get it.

Chaos Rush

It is already. The decoration you're given is listed in the decorations list, along with how to get it.
Ok, I see it now. However the information is slightly wrong, the site says it only works with a Pokémon from Ruby & Sapphire, but I tried it with a Pokémon from Emerald and it still worked. And I was really talking about the actual certificate, not the Secret Base poster.

Last edited:

GDK

The fact that they can doesn't mean they will. BW had data for keeping track of four other games, yet Gen V only got two more.

There will be one more game, the pokemon anime for X and Y isn't even half way through the badges, and there's still the league to do.

Yeah the anime is a good metric to when a gen will end and a new one start.

Lugia 88

Note: you can dexnav bagon, trick to it is surf in the middle and search for bagon, while its loading rapidly tap the the touch screen and finally bagon will appear, this is a good chance for dragon fang and other good stuff on bagon. Enjoy :)

llll828

Team Rocket Grunt
I'm not sure if it could be considered a discovery, but I found a way to make an infinite egg loop. All you have to do is go left from the Daycare lad on the Battle Resort Island. Then line yourself up with the first notch of the little hill without changing the camera angle. Then all you need to do is hold Up on the d-pad which will have you go around the island in a perfect circle, much like what you could do in Lumiose in X and Y, allowing you to easily get and hatch eggs. I hopes this helps people with their breeding!

JohnMatt

Just a small suggestion/addition: the group of guys that give out the O-Powers in Mauville appear to be triggered by beating the gyms. The page for O Powers mentions the order they come in and all that, but doesn't say what triggers each successive piece of dialog. Thought it might be worth putting in there.

Jzny

Arcanine Master
Just a small suggestion/addition: the group of guys that give out the O-Powers in Mauville appear to be triggered by beating the gyms. The page for O Powers mentions the order they come in and all that, but doesn't say what triggers each successive piece of dialog. Thought it might be worth putting in there.

The final guy/ O-power is actually triggered by beating the Elite 4.

Torosiken

This is a title.
in dexnav area scan thing, there is a taillow on the top of mauville, on the top of the standing thing before you beat the league. Winona took over that place when it's already post game

I feel a funny thing... I think there's more hidden things to ORAS :/
I can feel we can rebattle the gym leaders... I wonder how
I have a feeling if we can spot all of the gym leaders on the post game we might able to rebattle them.
I found Tate and Liza shopping at the secret base floor of Lilycove department store
and Winona on the top of Mauville like a madwoman .3.

BCVM22

If there were a means of rebattling the Gym Leaders, someone, somewhere would have found it by now. Their postgame appearances around Hoenn are just to add some character. Nothing more. There are a lot of monkeys with typewriters in this fandom - if there were any Shakespeare to be written, it would have been so already.

There will be one more game, the pokemon anime for X and Y isn't even half way through the badges, and there's still the league to do.

Yeah the anime is a good metric to when a gen will end and a new one start.

They drag the anime out to give them extra time for the next gen to come out (like the orange island and battle frontier arcs for example), who's to say they wouldn't also speed it up to serve the same purpose? At this point we don't know when to expect a new game, and at the earliest it'll be around a year. While generally I'd agree, it's too soon to make that argument. For all we know the next game might not come out for a couple of years which would give the anime plenty of time to catch up.

I'm not going to say either way that I think gen 6 is over but to be honest unless they plan to do sequels for X/Y rather than a special edition like Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum there isn't really anything left for them to accomplish with this generation aside from adding more mega evolutions (Not that I think that would be a bad thing, but there's no reason that cant wait until gen 7). To be honest though I don't think I'd really care for another game this gen if its just going to be a special edition of X/Y, I enjoyed those games but I didn't at all care for the storyline and really hated Team Flare. Unless they opt to make sequels instead I'd much rather they just went straight to gen 7, I'm pretty satisfied with gen 6 as it is.

I agree. Team Flare was annoying and the story was terrible. I would like some new megas if gen 6 is continued, but those can always be added in gen 7.

fersht

The data in the Berry List is...misleading. I think the timings are for each stages rather than to harvest.

gamer_legend

I wanna go and look back at what people said about Latios and Latias being obtainable shinies in the game. Besides the Pokemon Summary pictures I have seen absolutely no video evidence that the Latios and Latias that choose to join you within the story can be obtained in that way. This leads me to believe that only the Eon Ticket Lati@s can be obtained in it's shiny form.

Can anyone confirm or deny this please?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
One can use the Eon Flute to ride Lati@s without needing to have Lati@s in your party. I did not know this

Akashin

One can use the Eon Flute to ride Lati@s without needing to have Lati@s in your party. I did not know this

Lati@s doesn't even need to be in your game, apparently. They're like a SO that still gives you free lifts everywhere long after you've broken up.

SoulGamer5

I noticed the location description for the Earth Plate item was vague.

Since it was an item I myself missed, I went back and found it. Here is a screenshot:

oras-earthplate-large.jpg

Specifically, the Earth Plate is hidden underwater on Route 130 in the middle of this opening area, which is on the western part of the Route.

Now to find that Iron Plate...

Status
Not open for further replies.