• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Speaking of the Exp. Share; I love it. My whole team in AS is at Lv. 30 or above and I haven't even beaten Wattson yet. Compared to R/S/E, leveling up in OR/AS is almost too easy.

Starforce2

View attachment 13950

Here you go. My lv.100 Poliwrath from Unova. Btw Serebii, congrats on getting a piece of your site to cameo in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Where in the game does this happen?

I am still trying to figure our why I didn't get TM36 from the collector (or why the collector isn't even in the house after obtaining the second badge. I've beat a couple more gyms I should make my way back there and see if he showed up yet. He wasn't there at last check.

I am still trying to figure our why I didn't get TM36 from the collector (or why the collector isn't even in the house after obtaining the second badge. I've beat a couple more gyms I should make my way back there and see if he showed up yet. He wasn't there at last check.

He shows up after you defeat Norman.

Aielyn

There's a minor error on the Soaring in the Sky page and the associated Pokearth page. There are two Mirage Mountains near Mossdeep, listed on those pages as East of Mossdeep and North of Mossdeep... but they're back to front, at least in my copy of Omega Ruby (PAL). The one to the east of Mossdeep has Magby and matches the picture shown for North of Mossdeep. It seems to be only a partial mixup, as I found the Rare Candy (listed for East of Mossdeep) in the same place as Magby, and I'm fairly certain that I found the Zinc in the one North of Mossdeep that has Audino/Happiny/Tangela (it was a few days ago that I got that one).

I've actually noticed a few others with inaccurate descriptions relative to where I found them. There's one that is distinctly south-east of Pacifidlog that is listed as "South of Pacifidlog", for instance. I don't know if the positions are different in different versions of the game, or if it's just mistakes on the Soaring/Pokearth pages.

Quincy0807

The Fire Master
Um, so I just made a discovery today.

Note the bolded first, unless I'm just slow on the uptake, but you don't need to beat the elite four 2 more times to get a Unova starter. I just got Oshawott.
I have no way to take a picture of this, so I know no one is going to believe me. and I'm okay with that.

Is this a glitch, or again, am I just slow at learning this?

I'm not sure of what the site says exactly, but I know that by the time I beat the elite four a second time I was the able to obtain all available starter options. If you want though, you could post a screen shot of when you entered elite four second time (or how ever many times) and when you got oshawatt to show you got the pokemon on that route at level 5 before beating elite four again.

Question:
Is Jirachi required to complete the Hoenn dex or not? I think so but as I don't believe you can obtain it without transfer or trade, I hope it wouldn't be. If anyone knows that would help as I want to finish the regional dex before national.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roon

Just a note for the breeding section: The pokemon you leave can get along "like a house on fire." This is apparently a good message, as I can walk about 20-30 steps and there's another egg already. (same species, different trainer IDs)

xenoken

Has anyone experienced a scene after the DELTA EPISODE with the researchers in the mossdeep city? the scene is about "DEOXYS has something to do in HOENN." The receptionist girl asked me to "report immediately if i found something."

And anyone tried to transfer strange souvenir in ORAS from XY? does it trigger an event?

Last edited:

DJ9K

Wanderer
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but I don't see anything about it on the site. So I might just be a noob :3

But I've found that you can fly to routes now, even by using normal fly instead of flying with Mega-Latias/Mega-Latios.

Khgs8

I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but I don't see anything about it on the site. So I might just be a noob :3

But I've found that you can fly to routes now, even by using normal fly instead of flying with Mega-Latias/Mega-Latios.

we've all figured this out, its also on the site's section :) thanks anyways :)

Serebii, you still havn't added the fact that you can rebattle Deoxys in case you missed it in the first encounter.

After the Delta episode, go to the Mossdeep Space Center's 2nd Floor.
You'll automatically be talking to the scientists and they'll tell you that deoxys's biological signals are found on an island near route 131, they're not sure where exactly.

Beat the elite 4, head over to sky piller, and deoxys will be there with its symbolic triangle ready for a rematch :)

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
There's something wrong with the how to encounter Feebas guide.

I made it to Route 119 today and fished under the bridge the picture was showing, in daytime, and didn't get any Feebas, as it said. Still, it's not 100%.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong Rod (I only have the Old and Good ones right now), but still this is curious.

Mr G W

Insect power
I found a normal gem by using rock smash.

Any idea if the other gems are obtainable this way, if at all?

Quincy0807

The Fire Master

I made it to Route 119 today and fished under the bridge the picture was showing, in daytime, and didn't get any Feebas, as it said. Still, it's not 100%.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong Rod (I only have the Old and Good ones right now), but still this is curious.

I haven't tried it myself but have you made sure that you and the spot you fish at are under the bridge? If that doesn't work, try different spots under the bridge. Let me know if anyone has any luck.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I found a normal gem by using rock smash.

Any idea if the other gems are obtainable this way, if at all?

Not sure. I know I found a water gem early into my AS version by using rock smash north of mauville (which I promptly used by accident trying to catch a numel).

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

Make sure you're actually under the bridge while fishing and not just at the edge. It works 100% if the lure is in the shadow.

Mr G W

Insect power
Not sure. I know I found a water gem early into my AS version by using rock smash north of mauville (which I promptly used by accident trying to catch a numel).

Very interesting! I might go rock smashing...

Last edited:
There are hordes in the Fiery Path that aren't in the site. So far I've encountered Grimer, Numel, and Slugma, in that order of commonness.

Also confirming what Aielyn said in the previous page that the berry master's wife will only give you the five special berries once. After getting the Belue Berry, she will give you what she normally gives when you don't give her a special saying, but that'll still be once per day.

Last edited:

Quincy0807

The Fire Master

I attempted this and it works like a charm. The only difference a rod makes is what level it is. Be sure to be right under the bridge's shadow. It is the one right after weather Institute.

Status
Not open for further replies.