• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Rumble World Discoveries & General Discussion

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Same pattern with me.

Totodile: Speedy+, Snappy+, Gutsy++, Lucky, Normal Boost, Mighty
Shellos: Speedy+, Snappy, Gutsy++, Lucky+, Rock Boost, Greedy
Heliolisk: Speedy++, Snappy+, Gutsy+, Lucky, Boomer, Resilient
Cubchoo: Speedy+, Snappy, Gutsy+, Lucky+, Punchy, Perky+
Oshawott: Speedy+, Snappy, Gutsy, Lucky, Rock Boost+, Resilient++
Aron: Speedy, Snappy, Gutsy++, Lucky+, Grappler+, Perky

Well its excellent to know its a pattern among most. Its depressing that nearly all of yours appear to have rolled terrible though. Did any of them get obnoxiously high power or really good moves?

Rakurai

I get the impression that blue trait Pokemon can potentially surpass epics in terms of raw power, due to them not being forced to have Gutsy and Lucky as two of their trait, while still being able to have up to six traits.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

OK, I'm at my wit's end here. Does anyone happen to have a decent strategy to beating the quest "The Dark Emperor's Army"? Me and my Kyogre (624 power, Origin Pulse as its move) keep getting annihilated on the second floor.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
Well its excellent to know its a pattern among most. Its depressing that nearly all of yours appear to have rolled terrible though. Did any of them get obnoxiously high power or really good moves?

My lowest is my Totodile at 1,729 and my highest being a 1,909 Shellos. I only use them to try and capture others so it's not that big of a deal. If I want power then I can always use my 2,200 Arceus and Mewtwos. I just need to level up my Special Trait Tree up a bit to try and get some Epic/Blue legendaries.

I get the impression that blue trait Pokemon can potentially surpass epics in terms of raw power, due to them not being forced to have Gutsy and Lucky as two of their trait, while still being able to have up to six traits.

I honestly don't mind Gutsy and Lucky traits. With Attack Tree Lv. 9 alone being 400,000P, it's nice to get a little extra from enemies.

OK, I'm at my wit's end here. Does anyone happen to have a decent strategy to beating the quest "The Dark Emperor's Army"? Me and my Kyogre (624 power, Origin Pulse as its move) keep getting annihilated on the second floor.

I don't exactly remember what I used for that battle. I think I might've just spammed my 794 Groudon's Precipice Blades and Shadow Claw as that was probably my strongest Pokemon at the time.

Last edited:

Rakurai

There really isn't much of a strategy other then KOing everything as quickly as possible and trying to tag all of the enemies before they get near the Mii so they focus on you.

If you're having trouble with the former, you might just need to get a better Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon are good, but their moves are the main thing that makes them stand out. Evolved Pokemon of a similar power level can easily keep up with them.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
There really isn't much of a strategy other then KOing everything as quickly as possible and trying to tag all of the enemies before they get near the Mii so they focus on you.

If you're having trouble with the former, you might just need to get a better Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon are good, but their moves are the main thing that makes them stand out. Evolved Pokemon of a similar power level can easily keep up with them.

There isn't a Mii on that particular level. It's the three stage battle with Gengar at the end of stage two and Mega Banette at the end of three.

I just tried it using that Groudon and didn't really have that much trouble.

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
My lowest is my Totodile at 1,729 and my highest being a 1,909 Shellos. I only use them to try and capture others so it's not that big of a deal. If I want power then I can always use my 2,200 Arceus and Mewtwos. I just need to level up my Special Trait Tree up a bit to try and get some Epic/Blue legendaries.

I know you're going to be hardcore jealous with this, but I just picked up an epic caterpie. He has effective+ and unstoppable+ as his random abilities, and came in with tackle and string shot, and can only learn bug bite and electroweb. Love it already.

Does anyone know what the % increased by the special tree is for epics? I am at level 4 on the special trait tree and seem to pick up an epic a day.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
What I've been noticing for epic Pokemon I pick up is that they tend to have 1 ++ trait, 2 + traits, and 3 regular traits.

Does anyone know what the % increased by the special tree is for epics? I am at level 4 on the special trait tree and seem to pick up an epic a day.

If only I could have that kind of luck. I have level 9 special trait tree and don't always get a daily epic, though I'm not constantly refilling balloons either.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, I'm thinking that the chances of getting epics/high-powered pkmn go up when you catch all the pkmn of any given balloon (hence why I have 7 epic treeckos off my last 8 attempts).

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
So I've been farming zekroms...I've managed to catch three but a black kyurem still hasn't shown up yet...is it really that rare?

Have you already captured Kyurem in its regular forme? I think its locked also after you encounter it and use a Mii to get it again, but I'm not 100%.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
What I've been noticing for epic Pokemon I pick up is that they tend to have 1 ++ trait, 2 + traits, and 3 regular traits.

If only I could have that kind of luck. I have level 9 special trait tree and don't always get a daily epic, though I'm not constantly refilling balloons either.

I don't refill balloons either, generally I do between 2-3 run throughs of each balloon a day though.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I was surprised that my highest power went from the early 1,300's to the early 1,400's when I caught a Blissey a couple of days ago. Heck she's the only Pokemon in that range whereas my Lucario is at 1,314, my second strongest. That said, after spending ten dollars to get more PokeDiamonds, I now can purchase all of the balloons with the Legend Balloon being the last one to buy. Spent some upgrading my trees and now I'm starting to get more Trait+ Pokemon with Trait++'s coming every now and then.

Rakurai

I really can't get a grasp on how the heck World Championship X is even supposed to be possible to clear with only Pikachu.

Even my Punchy++ Keldeo takes five to six hits to KO Pokemon with supereffective hits, and I still haven't managed to clear it at all because of how absurdly overpowered the normal Pokemon are. The furthest I made it was wave 3, at which point I realized that putting off KOing the boss Pokemon is a really bad idea, because you can end up with multiple waves worth of bosses if you do.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually finally tried it myself after collecting all 719 Pokemon (still missing forms though), and yeah it's a total mess. Honestly my best Pokemon for it is my Epic Lopunny just for how necessary Endeavor is, if I had like 10 of these I could probably finish it. Not even the legendaries I have can beat them fast enough so the time is honestly a much bigger obstacle than it should be. Admittedly I haven't tried it too much but the best I've managed is far enough to reach Dialga and Palkia.

I don't know if I'll try to beat it anytime soon though, evidently I need to farm for some really good stuff since just having good legendaries isn't good enough. I'll probably try and go to farming for a Steady Rayquaza to deal with the ugly Defense drop with Dragon Ascent, even if I don't use it for the final challenge.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
I know you're going to be hardcore jealous with this, but I just picked up an epic caterpie. He has effective+ and unstoppable+ as his random abilities, and came in with tackle and string shot, and can only learn bug bite and electroweb. Love it already.

Very nice Caterpie lol.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Very nice Caterpie lol.

Oh yea, its truly devastating. Glad its my highest power epic and my top power non-legend pokemon. Clearly needed him to keep me going.

On that note, curious how people are grinding legends. Just through miis or something else? I can't get legends to appear at balloons I've completed, nearly at all.

TheGreaterLucario

OK, sorry if this sounds noobish, but what the heck are these "Epic" Pokemon I keep reading about and at what point can you start finding them!?

Rakurai

Epic Pokemon only start showing up at rank 50 and higher.

It's an extremely rare trait that combines Speedy, Lucky, Snappy, Gutsy, and two other randomly chosen traits; most of which will also usually be + or ++ traits. The Pokemon also tend to have a higher power then they normally would; seemingly around up to 100-200 points higher then what the normal power cap for that species would be.

On that note, curious how people are grinding legends. Just through miis or something else? I can't get legends to appear at balloons I've completed, nearly at all.

Ideally, you want to encounter a Mii who's offering a visit to an area with a legend as a special deal, since it'll only cost one diamond per visit that way.

Last edited: