• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Rumble World Discoveries & General Discussion

Rakurai

I really hate the fact that they don't let you get KO'd even once before trying to make you fork over Pokediamonds to continue.

Mostly because the bosses are already dishing out OHKOs even on Pokemon who resist their attacks at the early point of the game I'm at. I assume it's an intentional design decision, since I don't remember them being this overpowered in Rumble Blast.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I really hate the fact that they don't let you get KO'd even once before trying to make you fork over Pokediamonds to continue.

Mostly because the bosses are already dishing out OHKOs even on Pokemon who resist their attacks at the early point of the game I'm at. I assume it's an intentional design decision, since I don't remember them being this overpowered in Rumble Blast.

Oh yeah, some of the bosses are OP offensively. I've had several situations where it's knocked me down to low HP and then K.O.'s me immediately after before I have a chance to dodge or switch out.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Yeah, honestly there's a bit too much tied to PokeDiamonds and it's a shame. I've also had the same issue with bosses outright OHKOing me even when it feels like they shouldn't. The Game is cheap that way. Can't EVER get hit once by a boss it seems.

I'll continue playing, but I see a lot of flaws with this game already. The rarer balloons take far too long to refill. I'm nearly done with the first three balloon worlds already and those refill the fastest, so you'll play those thousands of times more than ones with New pokemon to acquire.. Those stages are already getting a bit repetitive and it's only the first day.

(As of right now, I'm preferring Shuffle to this even with the Competition only Mega Stones which is a huge NO.)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Gameplay-wise I imagine more people will like Rumble World than Shuffle, since it's a lot more involved and fast-paced than Shuffle. The "pay to win" stigma people have for the F2P model is appeased pretty well though since actually unlocking stuff is a lot more based on actually playing the game instead of just waiting. That said actually getting Pokemon is frustratingly luck-based (though Rumble in general is like that) so actually getting to a stage with something cool like a legendary isn't guaranteeing that you'll actually get the Pokemon. Obviously there are ways to deal with stuff like the roulette but at the moment I actually prefer Shuffle since I don't usually get that feeling of being cheated by the roulette and doing a stage I already 100% or missing out on a stage with a legendary.

Not that it's a bad game though, I do enjoy it especially for it being free and all. A shame nobody around here even has Rumble World yet unlike the loads of StreetPasses I get for Shuffle though, those free diamonds would be really nice for unlocking balloons beyond Ruby/Sapphire.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So apparently if you have a high enough rank you can skip to the next daily challenge instead of having to wait the next day. So I finally had enough for a Ruby Balloon.

Also, you can crossdress in this game apparently, I'm seeing female oufits in the shop when my Mii is male.

Rakurai

Are there still moves that have a higher chance to make a Pokemon wobbly?

You could practically guarantee that you'd get a boss Pokemon with those back in Rumble.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

You could practically guarantee that you'd get a boss Pokemon with those back in Rumble.

I could've sworn I saw one, but I might've released the Pokemon that knew it. I do know that when you reach Rank 14, you can buy a Wobbly Tree which also increases the chance of making Pokemon wobbly.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Think the moves are exactly the same as before.

You do, however, have increased odds due to one of the powers you buy.

Granck

Hello! I'm a new member to the forums, but an old and loyal user to the main site. :D
Not sure if what I'm going to say is relevant in this thread but...
Has anyone disclosed the location of Latios yet? If not, I have photographic evidence that it appears on Sapphire Sea, Area 2 (Blue Tower).
It was 3 stars, and I'd encountered it through Fever.
Below is a photo of it, as I've encountered him, but failed to catch it. D:

Edit--
I have been informed that, because I am a new member, I am not allowed to post links, this is respectable.
However, I still stand that Latios does exist in "Blue Tower: Special"

Last edited:

Rakurai

Super Fang is a pretty good move for causing a wobble, as the only requirement seems to be that the Pokemon is actually taking direct damage from the attack, and since the move always halves the target's HP in the case of non-boss Pokemon, you can get far more chances at causing a wobble then you would with most other moves.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Not sure if this is right thread to talk about glitch...

I'm not sure if it's my SD card (it is 100% fine on other games) or game itself because game has froze several times while I was on stage. So I lost progress, especially that Greninja I recruited... :(

TheStrictNein

An in game tool tip told me that you are more likely to get a Fever when there is a Rainbow in the background of the stages when you select a Balloon.

This may help with getting rarer Pokemon, as it seems that Rainbows and Stars reset after each Balloon trip/challenge, so you may be better off waiting a little while longer to get a Rainbow on a certain stage.

Illusione-Tempus

So wait, the cap on purchasing is 3000 Pokediamonds? As in you can't buy any more than 3000? Or am I misinterpretting this?

Codface

Been playing this or at least attempting too since launch yesterday. To answers questions on its f2p status I would say its little more than a demo without putting down some money. Between 45-60 pokemon cauht I felt capped out with no new areas and hoping for end bosses to not just drop credits. Sure I could wait for 2-3 days to unlock a new stage then 3-5 for ones after that etc but its not enjoyable that way.

On the other hand the microtransactions are basically "unlock X%" of the game for X real cash with a cap at 3000 diamond cost where you basically get the full game and have everything.

In summary play the first few lvls free then stump up the full retail cost to have the whole game. I do prefer this over shuffles pay to buy boosters or a few lives method but then I finished all shuffle levels without paying a cent inside a month of train rides to work which I won't be able to here.

Daznel04

I caught a Groudon by going through a Mii adventurer that had 3 stars called Smoldering Caldera: Special

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Been playing this or at least attempting too since launch yesterday. To answers questions on its f2p status I would say its little more than a demo without putting down some money. Between 45-60 pokemon cauht I felt capped out with no new areas and hoping for end bosses to not just drop credits. Sure I could wait for 2-3 days to unlock a new stage then 3-5 for ones after that etc but its not enjoyable that way.

On the other hand the microtransactions are basically "unlock X%" of the game for X real cash with a cap at 3000 diamond cost where you basically get the full game and have everything.

In summary play the first few lvls free then stump up the full retail cost to have the whole game. I do prefer this over shuffles pay to buy boosters or a few lives method but then I finished all shuffle levels without paying a cent inside a month of train rides to work which I won't be able to here.

Are you saying that if you do a one-time purchase of 3,000 pokediamonds you don't have to buy anything else? If that is the case, how much does 3,000 cost, and is it worth buying? By that I mean that being a free game, I don't expect the utmost work to be put into it. If the 3,000 diamonds end up costing as much as a real game, with a proper amount of work put into it, but it isn't, I see no reason to pay in order to play.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I got a Nidoran that knows Focus Energy and a Wobbly Tree Lv. 1, but I'm still not getting a lot of wobbles (only about 5% of the time). They don't seem to be helping that much.

Last edited: