• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Rumble World Discoveries & General Discussion

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
I finally got cloyster due to random drop...it's so annoying...it keeps using protect just before it starts resting so wobbling it is almost impossible...are there any more pokemon that do that and is there a way around it? Ran into mew again but it didn't wobble...neither did mesprit (which I found for the same time)...I got the arceus and dragonite though...oh the irony...

Aegislash is like that. You only have like half a second to a second to try and wobble it before the smoke above its head disappears and it changes back into its Shield Forme. Then you have to wait for it to do its little dance. Rinse and repeat. I think the only way I'm ever going to get it is if I get lucky and have it sparkle....

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I have a question. I haven't played game much, so i don't know what somethings. When I was battling in Ember Mountain ( so something like that) I came across odd Pansear. It was called Perky Pansear. I caught it, but I don't really know what it means.

ilovecommas

I have found that Super Fang works really well to wobble boss Pokemon. I get their HP down low and then rush in and Super Fang them until they wobble. I guess it is because it does only 1 or 2 damage at a time. Of course it does not work 100% of the time, but it works most of the time. I certainly doubled my boss capture rate after switching to this method. I have not tried Endeavor yet.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a question. I haven't played game much, so i don't know what somethings. When I was battling in Ember Mountain ( so something like that) I came across odd Pansear. It was called Perky Pansear. I caught it, but I don't really know what it means.

It's a special trait, they're special bonuses for a Pokemon ranging from boosting resistance/power to a type to giving them immunity to stat drops and status. In this case, Perky means it recovers from status quickly. I'd suggest this page for reference any time you run into a new trait.

On a similar note, last night I had the wonderful luck of getting an Epic Cascoon. Next thing I know I'll be getting an Epic Magikarp.

Last edited:

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
Found a couple more Mews. The first run it just would not wobble. I tried spamming both Endeavor and Frost Breath with a Gutsy Pokemon on it to no avail. Retried the level again to try and grab a Water type Arceus and found another. I was able to make it wobble that time. It's probably random whether or not it's ever able to wobble when it spawns in.

XXD17

Draco rex
It's a special trait, they're special bonuses for a Pokemon ranging from boosting resistance/power to a type to giving them immunity to stat drops and status. In this case, Perky means it recovers from status quickly. I'd suggest this page for reference any time you run into a new trait.

On a similar note, last night I had the wonderful luck of getting an Epic Cascoon. Next thing I know I'll be getting an Epic Magikarp.

Join the club with my epic roggenrola, weedle and aron! Finally got virizion...still no luck with the mini legends...or garbodor...that thing doesn't want to wobble at all...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I hate how the Gift Pokemon are constantly 200ish power level. What the hell am I going to do with something that weak at this point?

pokemonjeff

interested trader

Sounds similar to my band of epic pokemon. I'm currently rocking

-Pancham (Drain punch is bugged, by the way. It won't let me heal with it)
-Meowth with bug boost and no bug moves
-Woobat
-Froakie
-Surskit
-Wailmer
-Cacnea
-Oddish
-Ralts (with picky, so one move only)
-tyrogue

Woobat and surskit being my best, woobat with endeavor and surskit with gutsy++. Would love to get an epic that isn't total trashmon though.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
Sounds similar to my band of epic pokemon. I'm currently rocking

-Pancham (Drain punch is bugged, by the way. It won't let me heal with it)
-Meowth with bug boost and no bug moves
-Woobat
-Froakie
-Surskit
-Wailmer
-Cacnea
-Oddish
-Ralts (with picky, so one move only)
-tyrogue

Woobat and surskit being my best, woobat with endeavor and surskit with gutsy++. Would love to get an epic that isn't total trashmon though.

How in the world did you find that many and how many Pokemon have you captured? I've currently captured 13,138 and only have three Epic Pokemon..:(

Rakurai

I'm thinking at this point that +++ and ++++ traits either:

1. Don't exist and that the loading screen tip was either a mistranslation or flat-out wrong.
2. Are going to be added in a future update.

I've gone through thousands of Pokemon since I hit rank 70+, but I haven't seen a single one. I have two epics at the moment, as well.

XXD17

Draco rex
How in the world did you find that many and how many Pokemon have you captured? I've currently captured 13,138 and only have three Epic Pokemon..:(

Yeah...epics are almost impossible to find lol...the best pokemon I have at the moment is probably my splendid dialga because all of my epics are trash...

pokemonjeff

interested trader

I kill literally everything with a gutsy+ or gutsy++ and have for the last 10 or so levels.

I have 61,704 defeated pokemon with 9,728 captures. Unfortunately only three of my epics have even been remotely usable, in surskit, woobat, and froakie. The others are totally terrible in every way

Rakurai

It's a pity Manectric is the only epic I want that can be farmed relatively easily.

All of the others I want are boss Pokemon only.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The only usable Epic I have is a Lopunny but that's in the 1700's so it's starting to struggle as I reach these 2000+ legendaries. As far as I can tell it has Speedy and Gutsy which is great though, means I can use Endeavor to great effect.

After some frustration with dodging Blue Flares I finally got Reshiram. Only uh, I'm not sure about a few things with how Move Tutor works. Are the moves I can teach dependent on what rank I am or are some signature moves just not available through tutor? My Reshiram came with Fusion Flare and Dragon Claw but the Move Tutor does not list Blue Flare right now, would suck if I'm just screwed out of Blue Flare at all.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
The only usable Epic I have is a Lopunny but that's in the 1700's so it's starting to struggle as I reach these 2000+ legendaries. As far as I can tell it has Speedy and Gutsy which is great though, means I can use Endeavor to great effect.

After some frustration with dodging Blue Flares I finally got Reshiram. Only uh, I'm not sure about a few things with how Move Tutor works. Are the moves I can teach dependent on what rank I am or are some signature moves just not available through tutor? My Reshiram came with Fusion Flare and Dragon Claw but the Move Tutor does not list Blue Flare right now, would suck if I'm just screwed out of Blue Flare at all.

One of the Pokemon you have captured must know the move you intend on teaching. Note that it is okay if you have released a Pokemon that knows the move. It took 3-4 tries for me to get a Reshiram with Blue Flare. I still haven't captured a Zekrom with Bolt Strike after getting three of it.

Kacho

You are next.
is it me, or is it that if you depart on a ballon and there's a rainbow, the next balloon you choose to depart have a chance to have a rainbow?

also what's with single rainbow, double rainbow, and TRIPLE rainbow??

I can't narrow down what it is, but I'm feeling something about the rainbow appearance when you leave a zone on balloon and when you choose your next location to depart

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
is it me, or is it that if you depart on a ballon and there's a rainbow, the next balloon you choose to depart have a chance to have a rainbow?

also what's with single rainbow, double rainbow, and TRIPLE rainbow??

I can't narrow down what it is, but I'm feeling something about the rainbow appearance when you leave a zone on balloon and when you choose your next location to depart

When you get a rainbow you have a chance to get a "Fever" where one or more of the stages will gain stars. Three rainbows has the highest probability of this. Three rainbows also has a chance for a super fever where all stages that do not have 3 stars gain stars, sometimes 2 stars are added.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
One of the Pokemon you have captured must know the move you intend on teaching. Note that it is okay if you have released a Pokemon that knows the move. It took 3-4 tries for me to get a Reshiram with Blue Flare. I still haven't captured a Zekrom with Bolt Strike after getting three of it.

Man that's lame, though I guess that makes a lot more sense. Glad I didn't try to jump right into another stage before finding that out. Did a much better job of getting it a second and third time at least, third one had Blue Flare and Rock Slide and happened to be higher powered than the previous two so that's convenient. At least it motivated me to finally teach Lopunny Drain Punch and get it a Mega Stone. Guess I'll have to keep that in mind when I see Zekrom.