• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Rumble World Discoveries & General Discussion

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Man that's lame, though I guess that makes a lot more sense. Glad I didn't try to jump right into another stage before finding that out. Did a much better job of getting it a second and third time at least, third one had Blue Flare and Rock Slide and happened to be higher powered than the previous two so that's convenient. At least it motivated me to finally teach Lopunny Drain Punch and get it a Mega Stone. Guess I'll have to keep that in mind when I see Zekrom.

Your lopunny is epic right? Does drain punch work on it? My epic pancham with drain punch doesn't get the hp recovery from using the move, making him useless as he just gets whittled down too quickly

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Your lopunny is epic right? Does drain punch work on it? My epic pancham with drain punch doesn't get the hp recovery from using the move, making him useless as he just gets whittled down too quickly

Yeah. Drain Punch does work properly, both before and after Mega Evolving it.

I also didn't notice there was a way to check the individual traits so I just assumed you couldn't until now, oops (pressing Y in the Pokemon list for those wondering too). Turns out my Epic Lopunny has Speedy+, Snappy, Gusty+, Lucky, Effective++ and Brawny. I guess that would explain why it's still useful despite being in the 1700's. Only just now realizing how fantastic it actually is that I got this on something with both Drain Punch and Endeavor.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Yeah. Drain Punch does work properly, both before and after Mega Evolving it.

I also didn't notice there was a way to check the individual traits so I just assumed you couldn't until now, oops (pressing Y in the Pokemon list for those wondering too). Turns out my Epic Lopunny has Speedy+, Snappy, Gusty+, Lucky, Effective++ and Brawny. I guess that would explain why it's still useful despite being in the 1700's. Only just now realizing how fantastic it actually is that I got this on something with both Drain Punch and Endeavor.

You got insanely lucky, getting an evolved epic pokemon with decent moves. I have a giga drain endeavor woobat that I've been using, luckily with speed + so that I can dodge attacks nicely. If connected with, I just die right away from virtually everything.

And yours works with drain punch?

Does anyone else have an epic pancham? Maybe its just him its bugged for, but it will not drain their hp no matter how many times I punch things

Rakurai

Care to list what traits it has?

Some like Steady and Adept actually disable positive effects on moves along with negatives.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Man that's lame, though I guess that makes a lot more sense. Glad I didn't try to jump right into another stage before finding that out. Did a much better job of getting it a second and third time at least, third one had Blue Flare and Rock Slide and happened to be higher powered than the previous two so that's convenient. At least it motivated me to finally teach Lopunny Drain Punch and get it a Mega Stone. Guess I'll have to keep that in mind when I see Zekrom.

Better than having to have X amount of Pokemon with you that know the move like you did in Rumble Blast. Some if the best moves were 6-7 Pokemon had to have it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright, a few questions about form changes. So how exactly do the Kyurem forms work? Unless I'm mistaken it's just like most forms and I just need to go to the stage and hope it's the one I want. But do Black/White Kyurem actually appear in Kyurem's stage or do they appear instead in the Reshiram/Zekrom stages?

And by extension are forms you encounter set if you use the Miis to go back to the stage or is it just a daily thing? I know when I tried to go for Arceus it was always Poison and when I finally got it the next day it was Ground instead, but daily change doesn't feel correct.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Alright, a few questions about form changes. So how exactly do the Kyurem forms work? Unless I'm mistaken it's just like most forms and I just need to go to the stage and hope it's the one I want. But do Black/White Kyurem actually appear in Kyurem's stage or do they appear instead in the Reshiram/Zekrom stages?

They appear in the Reshiram / Zekrom stages.

And by extension are forms you encounter set if you use the Miis to go back to the stage or is it just a daily thing? I know when I tried to go for Arceus it was always Poison and when I finally got it the next day it was Ground instead, but daily change doesn't feel correct.

I think you have a new chance each time you get the stage without using the Mii to go back to it. I'm not 100% certain though.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW

I replayed that level around 15 times and each one ended up having a Ground type. A new one popped up later and it ended up being a Water type. I then replayed that stage and it was a Water type yet again.

They appear in the Reshiram / Zekrom stages.

I think you have a new chance each time you get the stage without using the Mii to go back to it. I'm not 100% certain though.

Didn't know that about the Kyurem forms. I would've thought they'd appear in the Kyurem stage. Thanks!:)

I'd have to agree with you about using Miis.

XXD17

Draco rex
I replayed that level around 15 times and each one ended up having a Ground type. A new one popped up later and it ended up being a Water type. I then replayed that stage and it was a Water type yet again.

Didn't know that about the Kyurem forms. I would've thought they'd appear in the Kyurem stage. Thanks!:)

I'd have to agree with you about using Miis.

From personal experience, I think there's a higher chance that the arceus changes if you catch it...I started off facing a flying arceus and it was flying all three times I faced it until I caught it...then the arceus became fire and I caught it...the next one turned into grass and has stayed grass since I only rebattled it once so far and killed it....I think the same goes for the genesect drives...

Also, does anyone know if the chance for the form changes is 50/50? I ask this because I've only seen resolute keldeo once, never saw black or white kyurem despite fighting reshiram 5+ times and all the kamis I've seen were incarnate...

Silversea

Is there a minimum level special trait tree needed for epic? I have either lv 6 or 7 but over my apparent 9453 catches I have not seen any "Epic" pokemon.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
From personal experience, I think there's a higher chance that the arceus changes if you catch it...I started off facing a flying arceus and it was flying all three times I faced it until I caught it...then the arceus became fire and I caught it...the next one turned into grass and has stayed grass since I only rebattled it once so far and killed it....I think the same goes for the genesect drives...

Also, does anyone know if the chance for the form changes is 50/50? I ask this because I've only seen resolute keldeo once, never saw black or white kyurem despite fighting reshiram 5+ times and all the kamis I've seen were incarnate...

Hmm. I guess I just got extremely unlucky then. When I first encountered the Ground type it was sparkling, so I caught it first go. I only replayed the level to try and get Mew.

I'm not sure about the form chance. Every time I've tried the Zekrom/Reshiram stages they've been normal. Same with the Forces of Nature except for Tornadus. I only seem to get his Therian Forme. :/

I'm a bit disappointed you don't get a Red outfit when you capture everything. Not really a big fan of the gem outfits. :(

I suppose all that's left to do is try the last two challenge battles and collect all of the forms.

Is there a minimum level special trait tree needed for epic? I have either lv 6 or 7 but over my apparent 9453 catches I have not seen any "Epic" pokemon.

I'm not sure what level my tree was when I first got one, but I only just recently received my fourth one with a level 8 tree.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm reaching that point where upgrading trees that cost diamonds just isn't worth it anymore, probably will hold off on those now. Level 9 Trait Tree was pricey as it is, probably won't bother with 10 until I decide to be a completionist and max that all out because 400 is a lot. The effects are definitely showing though, seeing a lot of fancy stuff like a Boomer Kyogre (I'm assuming not much Kyogre gets counts as an exploding attack if anything though). Though I did come across an Epic Delcatty which might be potentially useful ignoring the fact that it's a Delcatty. Also got an Epic Metapod to go along with my Epic Cascoon, at this point I'll get Kakuna and Silcoon to go with them.

Also skipped over a chance to farm Rayquaza though I'll probably wait until I catch everything else before doing that, would love to get one with a Steady Trait to cancel the Dragon Ascent and Draco Meteor drops for some strong spammable attacks.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew

Your level is fine for it, but they are really rare. It's probably about the same rate as shinies in a standard game.

Rakurai

Endeavor feels practically mandatory for finishing World Championship X.

I get overwhelmed by the normal Pokemon otherwise, because it takes far too long to KO them without the move.

leonz

The Unknown Trainer
Farmed Darkrais for Dark Void, got 60 of them and the Darkrai Collecter title and still no Dark Void.
Even hunting Blue Flare Reshiram didn't take that long.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Managed to nab a bunch of epic pokemon (a fletchling with techie++++, picky+++, gutsy++ and lucky++++ being the best one by far). I'm starting to think that it's way easier to get weak pokemon with amazing traits, as despite killing hundreds of legendaries with the lv7 special trait tree I've only nabbed 3 with 2 or more traits (compared to the 1:3 ratio of multi-trait common pokemon I've been harvesting as of late).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
See I have Trait Tree at level 9 and I've still never seen anything better than ++ on anything, so there's got to be some great luck (or bad luck on my end) going on.

Though I did manage to get an Epic Gothitelle (Speedy+, Snappy+, Gutsy++, Lucky, Chop-Chop, Superstar) in the three attempts it took to get a Bolt Strike Zekrom so I guess there's that. Would be great to finally see Suicune and Eelektross so that I can finally finish off the Gold Balloon though.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
At least the loading screen was right, then.

Found two more Epic Pokemon yesterday which brings me up to six, so I guess my luck is starting to turn around. *knocks on wood*

Is it possible to get an Epic from cleaning Rusty Pokemon?

pokemonjeff

interested trader

You need to be at least rank 50 to start encountering epics. Anything under, and you will never see epic pokemon.

Your level is fine for it, but they are really rare. It's probably about the same rate as shinies in a standard game.

They are definetly not as rare as shiny pokemon. I'm averaging one epic/day, and currently have the following. I'm going to list the traits on them, so if anyone is curious to what the patterns are we can start making them.
-Slurpuff (speedy, snappy+, gutsy, lucky+, chop-chop, slugger++)
-Venonat (speedy, snappy+, gutsy++, lucky, techie+, slugger)
-Clauncher (speedy, snappy++, gutsy, lucky, chop-chop, hardy++)
-Pancham (Speedy, snappy, gutsy+, lucky+, chop-chop++, adept)
-Woobat (speedy+, snappy+, gutsy+, lucky+, techie, lingering)
-Wailmer (speedy, snappy++, gutsy, lucky+, boomer, hardy+)
-Cacnea (speedy, snappy, gutsy, lucky+, steel boost++, greedy+)
-Meowth (speedy+, snappy+, gutsy+, lucky, bug boost+, reflector)
-Oddish (speed+, snappy, gutsy, lucky, unruly++, perky+)
-Ralts (speedy, snappy+, gutsy++, lucky, picky+, unstoppable)
-Froakie (speedy+, snappy, gutsy+, lucky, dragon boost+, healthy+)
-Surskit (speedy+, snappy, gutsy++, lucky+, unruly, feisty)
-Tyrogue (Speedy, snappy+, gutsy, lucky+, chop-chop+, perky+)

Thats all I've picked up so far, and from my current gathers only the last two appear to be random. Is everyone else finding this same pattern, or is this unique to each player? I can't say I hate being guaranteed speedy, gutsy, lucky.

I can also confirm that boss pokemon can be epic, my slurpuff was the boss of his area when I snagged him.

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
They are definetly not as rare as shiny pokemon. I'm averaging one epic/day, and currently have the following. I'm going to list the traits on them, so if anyone is curious to what the patterns are we can start making them.
-Slurpuff (speedy, snappy+, gutsy, lucky+, chop-chop, slugger++)
-Venonat (speedy, snappy+, gutsy++, lucky, techie+, slugger)
-Clauncher (speedy, snappy++, gutsy, lucky, chop-chop, hardy++)
-Pancham (Speedy, snappy, gutsy+, lucky+, chop-chop++, adept)
-Woobat (speedy+, snappy+, gutsy+, lucky+, techie, lingering)
-Wailmer (speedy, snappy++, gutsy, lucky+, boomer, hardy+)
-Cacnea (speedy, snappy, gutsy, lucky+, steel boost++, greedy+)
-Meowth (speedy+, snappy+, gutsy+, lucky, bug boost+, reflector)
-Oddish (speed+, snappy, gutsy, lucky, unruly++, perky+)
-Ralts (speedy, snappy+, gutsy++, lucky, picky+, unstoppable)
-Froakie (speedy+, snappy, gutsy+, lucky, dragon boost+, healthy+)
-Surskit (speedy+, snappy, gutsy++, lucky+, unruly, feisty)
-Tyrogue (Speedy, snappy+, gutsy, lucky+, chop-chop+, perky+)

Thats all I've picked up so far, and from my current gathers only the last two appear to be random. Is everyone else finding this same pattern, or is this unique to each player? I can't say I hate being guaranteed speedy, gutsy, lucky.

I can also confirm that boss pokemon can be epic, my slurpuff was the boss of his area when I snagged him.

Same pattern with me.

Totodile: Speedy+, Snappy+, Gutsy++, Lucky, Normal Boost, Mighty
Shellos: Speedy+, Snappy, Gutsy++, Lucky+, Rock Boost, Greedy
Heliolisk: Speedy++, Snappy+, Gutsy+, Lucky, Boomer, Resilient
Cubchoo: Speedy+, Snappy, Gutsy+, Lucky+, Punchy, Perky+
Oshawott: Speedy+, Snappy, Gutsy, Lucky, Rock Boost+, Resilient++
Aron: Speedy, Snappy, Gutsy++, Lucky+, Grappler+, Perky