• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Rumble World Discoveries & General Discussion

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
re-quoting because it still isn't answered.

Honestly I thought someone already answered that, but I didn't bother to check, so I'll answer it.

There's no point to it, other than making a collection. Yes, there's no title for it, so it literally unlocks nothing.

dragonfoxmem

Beginning Trainer
why is it so hard to get Friend Code for certain region for certain Vivillon patterns? I have posted a number of topic posts in GameFAQs Forum, but no one actually wanted to exchange FC me except one PM I got from Netherlands (Continental Pattern)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
why is it so hard to get Friend Code for certain region for certain Vivillon patterns? I have posted a number of topic posts in GameFAQs Forum, but no one actually wanted to exchange FC me except one PM I got from Netherlands (Continental Pattern)

Perhaps because most players don't have the pattern. Note how most people lacks the same rare patterns, such as Sandstorm and Sun.

dragonfoxmem

Beginning Trainer
Perhaps because most players don't have the pattern. Note how most people lacks the same rare patterns, such as Sandstorm and Sun.

Like XY games, patterns are based on locations, so exchanging FC can be done if right region (native pattern) and spotpass that mii, you will get that pattern when you go to that place.

Sun is not hard (Mexico location), but Sandstorm may be harder to get since it is from either United Arab Emirates or Somalia

of course Fancy and Pokeball have no location based. I am not sure if Pokeball pattern got triggered by 2nd system update (first system update fixed on the game freeze issue)

not sure if I am allowed to post the links, but you can search on Google for "Vivillon Pattern Guide", there is a list of localized patterns, so it will help you find right person to exchange FC to complete your titles of Vivillon faster, saving Fancy for last....

Silversea

Well if you guys want an easy way to make a boss wobble--

Try and find a Gutsy trait Pokemon with Endeavor, wait for the boss to wobble and unleash a flurry of Endeavor.

No matter what (Unless you have extremely low HP) Endeavor will always do 1 HP worth of damage.

I've been using this technique and been capturing boss Pokemon really easy.

It is easy except when minions are awful. Minions with moves that cover really large areas are a pain.

Besides that it takes a really long time to get bosses to wobble. On average most of my boss runs take 7-10 minutes each with max level wobbly tree. It is great if you have the patience to do that though + kill 25-100 minions so they stop spawning, which I usually do.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
It is easy except when minions are awful. Minions with moves that cover really large areas are a pain.

Besides that it takes a really long time to get bosses to wobble. On average most of my boss runs take 7-10 minutes each with max level wobbly tree. It is great if you have the patience to do that though + kill 25-100 minions so they stop spawning, which I usually do.

I thought minions were unlimited till the boss dies?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I thought minions were unlimited till the boss dies?

It's not infinite. There are always only 100 minions in total.

Except if the boss changes form mid-battle, then the minions stops spawning regardless of how many has spawned.
Apparently the game consider form changes as an entirely new Pokemon, as a result, the previous form is considered to be "dead", and the minions no longer spawn.

Like XY games, patterns are based on locations, so exchanging FC can be done if right region (native pattern) and spotpass that mii, you will get that pattern when you go to that place.

Sun is not hard (Mexico location), but Sandstorm may be harder to get since it is from either United Arab Emirates or Somalia

of course Fancy and Pokeball have no location based. I am not sure if Pokeball pattern got triggered by 2nd system update (first system update fixed on the game freeze issue)

not sure if I am allowed to post the links, but you can search on Google for "Vivillon Pattern Guide", there is a list of localized patterns, so it will help you find right person to exchange FC to complete your titles of Vivillon faster, saving Fancy for last....

I know, I also know about the guide, that's how I completed my Vivillon collection in X.

The problem is, almost no one set their location as UAE, and UAE players are rare. Since almost no one set their location as UAE, you get almost no one offering the Sandstorm pattern.

......Can't really say it's the same thing for other rare patterns, though, as they're not as rare.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
It's not infinite. There are always only 100 minions in total.

Except if the boss changes form mid-battle, then the minions stops spawning regardless of how many has spawned.
Apparently the game consider form changes as an entirely new Pokemon, as a result, the previous form is considered to be "dead", and the minions no longer spawn.

I know, I also know about the guide, that's how I completed my Vivillon collection in X.

The problem is, almost no one set their location as UAE, and UAE players are rare. Since almost no one set their location as UAE, you get almost no one offering the Sandstorm pattern.

......Can't really say it's the same thing for other rare patterns, though, as they're not as rare.

Is it just me or is it just not the same feeling by completing the viv collection in this game as oppossed to the main series games?

AlxK9207

Creative Co-Author
Okay boys and girls, here is my latest status update on my end in Pokemon Rumble World;
New Species Captured: Lickilicky
Pokemon Caught: 326
Most Powerful Pokemon: 1259 Resilient+ Leafeon
(Subject to Change!!)

Yeah, I've been busy since my last status update, and to anybody that is annoyed by such things, I apologize.

Last edited:

Silversea

Wow arceus is a jerk. The only way I've managed to stop it overhealing my damage is to spam sacred sword on cobalion...

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I swear to god I would do half of these kings challenges 1st time if there was no time limit...

AlxK9207

Creative Co-Author
Status Update
Rank Up: 40 - 41
New Species Caught: Raichu, Skarmory
Pokemon Caught: 330
Strongest Pokemon: 1259 Resilient+ Leafeon

Last edited:

Tigersrule

Pokemon Rumble FTW
152 diamonds away from acquiring all of the diamond trees at the shop. Then I can finally start playing again to get a bunch of coins to purchase those ones.:p

I'm not looking forward to the Lv. 10 trees. Attack Tree Lv.10 alone is 880,000P:( Hopefully that's the most expensive one, but if they're all the same............

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I've been pretty busy since my last post, I got to Rank 50 and started encountering blue traits. I also got the Rust Removal Shop, but I have yet to encounter a Rusty Pokemon. I did, however, find my first Epic Pokemon, a 1466 Nuzleaf that has Speedy+, Snappy+, Gutsy+, Lucky+, Normal Boost, and Superstar, which sounds like a keeper to me.

Captured Species: 439
Strongest Pokemon: 1647 Regigigas
Balloon Progress:

[SPOIL]Leafy Balloon: Complete
Dew Balloon: Complete
Ember Balloon: Complete
Ruby Balloon: Complete
Sapphire Balloon: Complete
Gold Balloon: Complete
Silver Balloon: Complete
Diamond Balloon: Missing Registeel, Rotom, Hitmonlee, Camerupt, Infernape, Heatran, Rhyperior, Audino, Mienshao
Pearl Balloon: Complete
Black Balloon: Missing Terrakion
White Balloon: Complete

Next balloon purchase:
Fairy Balloon (3/90)[/SPOIL]

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I've been pretty busy since my last post, I got to Rank 50 and started encountering blue traits. I also got the Rust Removal Shop, but I have yet to encounter a Rusty Pokemon. I did, however, find my first Epic Pokemon, a 1466 Nuzleaf that has Speedy+, Snappy+, Gutsy+, Lucky+, Normal Boost, and Superstar, which sounds like a keeper to me.

Captured Species: 439
Balloon Progress:

Diamond Balloon: Missing Registeel, Rotom, Hitmonlee, Camerupt, Infernape, Heatran, Rhyperior, Audino, Mienshao

Next balloon purchase:
Fairy Balloon (3/90)[/SPOIL]

Where do you get all the diamonds for these baloons??

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Where do you get all the diamonds for these baloons??

If you're not willing to buy any, it's going to take a while (I imagine it'll be about a month before I get the 90 required for the Fairy Balloon). I've been playing the game more or less consistently since it released. Anyway:

1. Click "Visitors" on the touch screen when you're in Castle Town. You can invite people into your game, once a day you can invite random people online, friends can enter via Spotpass, and anyone you Streetpass with can also enter your game. In each of these categories, for every 5 that enter your game you get a free Diamond.
2. After you've invited people into your game, they will show up in the levels, usually being attacked by Pokemon. Rescue them and they'll occasionally give you Diamonds.
3. Complete the King's challenges. You get 5 for completing the primary objective and 2 for each secondary objective. Also be sure to come back after you've beaten it for the Hard mode challenge, which also rewards you with 2 Diamonds.
4. The shop will reward you with 10 Diamonds for reaching certain milestones with Streetpass and Spotpass.
5. Very rarely, if you talk to some of the people in the overworld, they'll give you a free Diamond.

Captured Species: 440
Balloon Progress:

Diamond Balloon: Missing Registeel, Rotom, Hitmonlee, Infernape, Heatran, Rhyperior, Audino, Mienshao

Next balloon purchase:
Fairy Balloon (4/90)[/SPOIL]

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
If you're not willing to buy any, it's going to take a while (I imagine it'll be about a month before I get the 90 required for the Fairy Balloon). I've been playing the game more or less consistently since it released. Anyway:

1. Click "Visitors" on the touch screen when you're in Castle Town. You can invite people into your game, once a day you can invite random people online, friends can enter via Spotpass, and anyone you Streetpass with can also enter your game. In each of these categories, for every 5 that enter your game you get a free Diamond.
2. After you've invited people into your game, they will show up in the levels, usually being attacked by Pokemon. Rescue them and they'll occasionally give you Diamonds.
3. Complete the King's challenges. You get 5 for completing the primary objective and 2 for each secondary objective. Also be sure to come back after you've beaten it for the Hard mode challenge, which also rewards you with 2 Diamonds.
4. The shop will reward you with 10 Diamonds for reaching certain milestones with Streetpass and Spotpass.
5. Very rarely, if you talk to some of the people in the overworld, they'll give you a free Diamond.

Captured Species: 440
Balloon Progress:

Diamond Balloon: Missing Registeel, Rotom, Hitmonlee, Infernape, Heatran, Rhyperior, Audino, Mienshao

Next balloon purchase:
Fairy Balloon (4/90)[/SPOIL]

Yh I know about those methods it's just very tedious to get 100 diamonds.

Btw how many kings challenges are there?