• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Wonder if there's something after that Arceus mission.

The difficulty is only eight stars on that one, and there's more then enough room for it to go up to 10 (Which was the max difficulty in GtI).

DLC missions maybe?
I'm assuming they aren't completely throwing away DLC

Rakurai

I hope they at least acknowledge that you got all of the Pokemon this time around in some way, rather then there being nothing special about it at all.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Maybe there is maybe there isn't we wont know till someone does it. Though the forms are nice to know. Finally being able to see Kyurem in all three forms is nice.

joe13510

Hey are you going to try to complete that dungeon with arceus? If so will you also note if anything special happens? Thanks

Rakurai

Is it a level 5 solo dungeon or something?

Kind of curious if Keldeo and Meloetta are still as good for those as they were in GtI.

Finally being able to see Kyurem in all three forms is nice.

Its forms were in GtI, though only as random boss missions. You apparently could fight both of them at the same time as the ultimate challenge once you reached max rank, but I never got around to doing that.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Is it a level 5 solo dungeon or something?

Kind of curious if Keldeo and Meloetta are still as good for those as they were in GtI.

Its forms were in GtI, though only as random boss missions. You apparently could fight both of them at the same time as the ultimate challenge once you reached max rank, but I never got around to doing that.

No, it's a pain in the arse dungeon with Pokémon that will OHKO your Level 80+ Pokémon with ease :(

Rakurai

That honestly sounds like lots of fun. The hardest standard dungeon in GtI (The DLC one) was pretty trivial for me, so something that's actually challenging for max level Pokemon sounds fun. Though if it's really that bad, I think collecting stat boosting items might actually be necessary.

If they still make you have to fight Arceus at the end, that's going to be an even bigger chore, since I doubt they'd make it easier then Mewtwo was.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I honestly don't think anything can be easier than Mewtwo in Rescue.

I mean, at the end of a Dungeon with Pokémon at Level 50...
Mewtwo is Level 40.
And is alone.

Starly62518

I have a few questions about Kecleon:

1.) Is the mission to recruit it difficult (compared to old recruitment method)?
2.) Is it still extremely powerful once you get it or has it been weakened?
3.) Is it still useful in level 5 dungeons?
4.) Does purple Kecleon ever make any appearance in the game?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I have a few questions about Kecleon:

1.) Is the mission to recruit it difficult (compared to old recruitment method)?
2.) Is it still extremely powerful once you get it or has it been weakened?
3.) Is it still useful in level 5 dungeons?
4.) Does purple Kecleon ever make any appearance in the game?

1. No, you just recruit it randomly after you have bought and sold enough to Kecleon and are a high enough rank
2. It's not overly powerful
3. Not that I have seen but haven't really used it.
4. Not seen it.

Rakurai

I honestly don't think anything can be easier than Mewtwo in Rescue.

I mean, at the end of a Dungeon with Pokémon at Level 50...
Mewtwo is Level 40.
And is alone.

I'm referring to the SPMD Mewtwo.

Then again, it would be pretty cruel to have a genuinely difficult boss fight after a dungeon that's bound to exhaust your resources.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So what's up with this Pokemon that can't evolve thing posted on the main site? Why can't you evolve some Pokemon?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
So what's up with this Pokemon that can't evolve thing posted on the main site? Why can't you evolve some Pokemon?

Some of the Pokémon you can't evolve are those that play a role in the story (like Goomy). They are recruitable, but not able to evolve because they are story characters. At least that's what I think.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
And some people like me tries not to evolve every Pokemon. It adds a challenge to the game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Some of the Pokémon you can't evolve are those that play a role in the story (like Goomy). They are recruitable, but not able to evolve because they are story characters. At least that's what I think.

That might be the case with some, but if you look at the list, there's a ton of a Pokemon. I'm avoiding story spoilers, so I wouldn't know if they're all story characters, but I doubt that a list that big is all characters from the story.

And some people like me tries not to evolve every Pokemon. It adds a challenge to the game.

I'm referring to a list of Pokemon Serebii made that the game itself stops you from evolving. I'm just curious as to why.

Rakurai

That might be the case with some, but if you look at the list, there's a ton of a Pokemon. I'm avoiding story spoilers, so I wouldn't know if they're all story characters, but I doubt that a list that big is all characters from the story.

It's story characters plus town residents, it seems.

I find it a little strange that the cameos from past games aren't among those barred from evolution, though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's story characters plus town residents, it seems.

I find it a little strange that the cameos from past games aren't among those barred from evolution, though.

Random town residents can join your team? That's an odd one.

Speaking of cameos, are they actual cameos, as in confirmed by the game to be the same character? If so, are they actually important to the story? Please answer both of these questions with either a yes or no. No story spoilers please.

Rakurai

Random town residents can join your team? That's an odd one.

Speaking of cameos, are they actual cameos, as in confirmed by the game to be the same character? If so, are they actually important to the story? Please answer both of these questions with either a yes or no. No story spoilers please.

Yes and not sure (Because I'm trying to avoid spoilers).

Status
Not open for further replies.