• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Random town residents can join your team? That's an odd one.

Speaking of cameos, are they actual cameos, as in confirmed by the game to be the same character? If so, are they actually important to the story? Please answer both of these questions with either a yes or no. No story spoilers please.

Confirmed :) They talk about it. For example

img_04.jpg

Team ACT

It's story characters plus town residents, it seems.

I find it a little strange that the cameos from past games aren't among those barred from evolution, though.

Most of them are

Nuki

I've found 2 venusaur and both are on my guild. Wasn't it supposed to have one for species?

For those wondering, my main characters are a Charmander (now Charizard) and a Pikachu.

I've found both at the same Kangaskhan Cafe so I picked a photo of both venusaur on the cafe, and a pic of both in my guild. It could be that one is male and the other female, but they seem to have the same flower size at the back of their chest.

Edit: It seems I can't put urls here :(

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I've found 2 venusaur and both are on my guild. Wasn't it supposed to have one for species?

For those wondering, my main characters are a Charmander (now Charizard) and a Pikachu.

I've found both at the same Kangaskhan Cafe so I picked a photo of both venusaur on the cafe, and a pic of both in my guild. It could be that one is male and the other female, but they seem to have the same flower size at the back of their chest.

Edit: It seems I can't put urls here :(

Some Pokémon can be found more than once. This is noted on the site when there are two locations. This is typically due to forms and gender. We have noted this.

Rakurai

Do the enemy Pokemon just hit way harder, or do they have more HP, as well?

Something that kind of bugged me in past games is that things degraded into a OHKO fest for the player really quickly.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Something that kind of bugged me in past games is that things degraded into a OHKO fest for the player really quickly.

I think this was less a problem of other Pokémon not having enough HP as much as it is that if the player didn't OHKO most things every Floor would take like ten minutes, which isn't really ideal since you can only Quicksave in Dungeons.

pokemon345

Serebii is there any way you can include details on how to
recruit characters from past games?
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in that. Maybe also include any other details about them, such as anything they say in reference to past games. I'm personally super excited to see this!

Last edited:

Rakurai

You don't have to do anything special to get them.

They just show up on the Connection Orb like any other Pokemon for the most part, though some of them are connected to Pokemon there weren't previously shown as having any ties to.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Serebii is there any way you can include details on how to
recruit characters from past games?
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in that. Maybe also include any other details about them, such as anything they say in reference to past games. I'm personally super excited to see this!

They are the only species of that Pokémon you can get.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

Both. The latest dungeon needs me to 4HKO them with my most powerful moves while they can 2HKO me

Mijzelffan

Agent double J.
I posted this somewhere else in the forum but since you're more active here, could you make a page regarding pokemon sizes and how it affects them in-game? Like having a list of what pokemon are what sizes, and answering stuff like do bigger pokemon take up multiple party slots like in previous games? And do they have trouble going through narrow paths or do their models clip through the walls?

Rakurai

Large Pokemon just have a one per party restriction, and that's it.

Creyk

I guess you just find money on the floor and sell the items you find in dungeons?
And do whatever you want for fun, play as Arceus and destroy everything or be a magikarp and flop through the land and be better than everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.